News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun The Lost Age Editor V0.3

Started by Atrius, 31, October, 2010, 08:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Version 0.3

[Download Link]
Version 0.3, October 31, 2010 (1.68 MB .zip)

Some of the changes from v0.2
-Text editing
-Item modifiers that are multipliers are identified
-Party member battle sprite swapping
-Automatic type setting option for classes
--Class separation patch added to code patches for party members 4-7
-Djinni Editing
-Summon Editing
-Enemy Editor updates:
--Stat layout reorganized
--Attack patterns identified, and put into drop down list
--GS1 compatibility added
-Map Viewer updates:
--Drawing code optimized, support added for special effect modes on layers
--Added buttons for hiding layers
--Some basic NPC editing functionality added
---Can view all NPC sets detectable in Map data
---Can change NPC locations, and sprites
---Event viewer allows viewing of ASM, and idle scripts associated with NPC, as well as editing of dialogue
--Hex viewer now allows editing
--Code pointer viewer (Scans functions at the beginning of the map code for data pointers)
--Tileset viewer
-Most lists can be browsed with arrow keys
-All input fields allow text to be highlighted, cut, copied, and pasted
-Majority of text from interface has been exported to language.ini file to allow translating
-Bug fixes
--Unknown variable errors when saving, or exiting the program
--Party member maximum name length no longer changes to 11 by itself
--Enemy defense is now editable
--Error defining external function sometimes in newer versions of windows fixed
--First enemy in a group no longer gets set as the leader of the previous group as well
--Parts of the interface no longer disappear while using the party member editor
--Saving should no longer cause errors while in the ability editor
--Some errors relating to ability ranges have been fixed
--Starting the editor from a shortcut, or dragging & dropping a file onto it from another folder should no longer cause errors with finding necessary files
--Some typos in disassembled ASM code fixed
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Atrius (He/Him)

v0.3 fix 1 has been released, download it at the same link.  You may have to clear your cache to download the fix if you've already downloaded v0.3.  Verify you have the correct version by checking the  "Help" > "About" section of the editor, the version should read "Version 0.3 fix 1"

Contains bug fixes:
- Class patch fixed for Felix
- "Error reading byte" fixed in code disassembler
- Some scroll bar size errors in the Map viewer fixed
- Attempts to fix some sprite display issues

People who were having sprite issues let me know if those are fixed now in particular.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Aile~♥

Sprites still aren't showing, not in the map viewer, or the party member viewer, or the enemy viewer, or the sprite viewer.

But it's nice to know that at least the "split classes" code patch now works for Felix.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

>_<

Just to be sure, when you go to help > about, the version does have "fix 1" on the end of it now, correct?

Aile~♥

[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

SSBMX

Atrius you go my hopes up   :irate:

Why does it work for you but nobody else :?:

Atrius (He/Him)

leaf

I can view sprites fine... so I dunno what everyone else's problem is...

Awesomeness on the editor, though. Seriously.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

Yeah, I have sprites as well. It must depend on setting preferences or something.

But the world map does not display for me. However, it was like that for me in the last version, so I am not overly worried. Good luck with the next update Atrius!

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Great stuff, Atrius. I'm downloading it right now. I'll mess around with it to see what I get. :D

SSBMX

When I change NPCs to 1 it lags for a second like it is loading but no change is made

Zach

Yay :), I haven't used it yet (probably won't even get to fully use it til Friday or Sunday), but it looks fantastic :). ¡Qué cheveré! :D

Atrius (He/Him)

v0.3 fix 2 now available, as before it's at the same link.  You may have to clear your cache to download the fix if you've already downloaded v0.3.  Verify you have the correct version by checking the  "Help" > "About" section of the editor, the version should read "Version 0.3 fix 2"  For those of you who got the pre-release version for testing the sprite fix, it did not contain the other bug fixes.  Verify your version by the date under the version number, which should read "November 6, 2010"

Contains bug fixes:
- Sprite display issues some users were experiencing fixed
- GS1 corruption from using ability editor fixed (Will also automatically repair corrupted ROMs caused by this glitch)
- "Unknown variable ccx" error in map viewer fixed
- an "Error reading byte" glitch fixed in map viewer
- Layer sorting issues in map viewer fixed
- Hex editor now remembers it's location when switching between map viewer utilities
- Arrow keys now work for scrolling through enemy group list

leaf

Nice. Another bugfix. That was pretty quick.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]