News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

I need help!

Started by D2J, 15, December, 2010, 03:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D2J

-You Should Be Able To Use Them Tho.

D2J

-Is There A Way To Have Characters Join Your Party Like Kraden Does But Not Actually Make Them Usable In Battle???

Atrius (He/Him)

The game doesn't allow it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Atrius (He/Him)

The game doesn't do anything special for that, just makes him appear like your other party members during cutscenes.  As far as the games programming is concerned he's not really in your party at all.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

D2J

-So There's No Way Another Character Can Do This???

D2J

-Ok, Thanks.
(Stupid Game!!!)

Aile~♥

Actually, it's really, really easy. Just have the text tell you that he's joined your party, and that's that. Oh, but you'll also have to deal with all the cutscene stuff. Basically, you'll have to know ASM to make him appear and talk, and you'll also have to have an extra sprite in every area he appears in.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

D2J

-He Can Join But I Don't Want Him To Appear In Battle. =/

Aile~♥

Exactly. Just have the game TELL THE PLAYER that he's joined. However, the code for him actually joining is a lot more than just having the game tell the player that he's joined.

Charon

All request for help topics have been merged. Other members - PLEASE read through DJ's messages to make sure you aren't missing anything. Thank you :3

D2J

-Would You Know The Code??? I Don't Want Ivan And Mia.

Aile~♥

Unfortunately, no, I do not know exactly how it's coded. I believe there was a post on the subject somewhere around, but it might only apply to GS2.

Atrius (He/Him)

There's not a whole lot of work done on scripting & cutscene hacking so far, I think I'm the only one that's really even scratched the surface on it.  There are no fancy tools that convert the code into something simple & easy to read, and rewrite.  You have to dig into the ASM the old fashioned way, and I'll tell you right now, if you don't know what MOV, LDR, or BL means you're not going to get very far.  Don't expect anyone else to do your hard work for you either, if you really want to reprogram the game you'd best start learning how to do it yourself.  If that's what you're still interested in GBATEK is pretty much THE place to look stuff up.

D2J

-Fine. I got a two week break. Might as well start reading.

dwkjohn

I found how to walk over stuff but somehow  :Felix: can now jump like freakishly high when i press B.  And he wont jump normal over stuff now he just falls off cliffs.  And when i try to leave an area, if he is not exactly in the doorway, he fall off the side of the screen and i have to jump back out and it takes some time. Any way i can fix that?  The value for walking over stuff is back at zero, but he still goes through some things but cant walk through like regular paths with nothing there. Help?
:Felix:
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteI found how to walk over stuff but somehow  Felix can now jump like freakishly high when i press B.
Wait.. You applied The Jump Patch I made.., right?

If so then... - It edits assembly, all you'd need to do is go in, replace the bl code, and remove the assembly function. (If you wanted to remove it.

If not- then I can't help you. (Sorry.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

The easy solution is to not install patches you don't plan on using, or waiting until we have support for those patches (the Jump Patch needs map editing support to keep it from more or less breaking the game)

Salanewt

Oh yeah, the Jump Patch. I remember altering one of the commands to reduce the moon-jump to a regular jump (which helps it become a fun feature instead of a game breaking one), but I forget how to do it. If you use a VBA cheat, you can unlock the ability to run through obstacles/walls. I will edit this post later if I can find it.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

dwkjohn

The thing is... I didn't know there was a jump patch.  He just started jumping when i changed the value to walk over stuff.
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.