News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Atrius Appreciation Thread

Started by Thelinil, 31, October, 2010, 09:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thelinil

Well, v.3 is out, I manorgasmed a bit when I opened it, I'm sure at least one of you did too (Right? RIGHT?!  :Sweat: ) So, lets start an appreciation thread for Atrius!

MaxiPower

im only getting at it now....

Wooooo

Thanks Atrius

Griever

Thanks Atrius.

Oh I'm soooooooooo gonna edit Ivan ...... just hate him for some reason  :sad:  *sorry can't stop myself from saying it*

Salanewt

Thank you-thank you-thank you! I get to have Yoshi in my team (sort of)!

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Hoopa

Yay! Thank you so much for your hard work Atrius! This is awesome!
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

That's awesome, I went and checked every section. I like how you managed to continue to keep the file-size down.

There are still some things that seem odd in the map editor, but I know you'll fix them in future versions. Good Luck.

Such as Layer 1 in the image below. (Could not all maps use all layers...?) In Mario and Luigi, unused layers are of index FF.

And another problem, it seems that some maps have the wrong NPC set. Probably, again, some maps don't have NPCs? Er... well, I wold't understand it, but I'll look at it a bit more.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

Thank for all the support, and kind words guys, it really means a lot.

For your NPC problem, Charley, try selecting a different set with the button that say "NPCs 0" at the top right.  Many maps share the same code data, and have their NPC data as separate sets within that data.

I'll have to look into the layers issue, though there some maps that actually exceed what the maximum size limits should be.  I suspect that somehow in the code of these maps the extra tiles are put into place as needed while the game is running overwriting some other areas of the map data, unfortunately the editor can't compensate for that, at least not right now.  A good example of a map that does this is Vale where the protagonist's houses are, that map exceeds the height limitations for maps so the bottom of it appears garbled in the editor because the different tile layers data are overlapping.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

leaf

YES! Thanks atrius. Newwwwwwww editor~
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

QuoteThank for all the support, and kind words guys, it really means a lot.
You are welcome.

QuoteFor your NPC problem, Charley, try selecting a different set with the button that say "NPCs 0" at the top right.  Many maps share the same code data, and have their NPC data as separate sets within that data.
That's what I started to suspect after fiddling with it some time. Thanks for the confirmation.

QuoteI'll have to look into the layers issue, though there some maps that actually exceed what the maximum size limits should be.  I suspect that somehow in the code of these maps the extra tiles are put into place as needed while the game is running overwriting some other areas of the map data, unfortunately the editor can't compensate for that, at least not right now.  A good example of a map that does this is Vale where the protagonist's houses are, that map exceeds the height limitations for maps so the bottom of it appears garbled in the editor because the different tile layers data are overlapping.
Ooh, that's interesting. We wish you luck.

P.S. -
QuoteThank you-thank you-thank you! I get to have Yoshi in my team (sort of)!
Yoshi! Yoshi in a disguise! Lol. Of-course he has perfect reason to be in a disguise.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Shinigami

Thank you.
New editor is awesome!
Old editors where awesome!

Thank you for all the hard work you put into this.
So nanoka~

Mion Sonozaki

Atrius, keep up the good work. I hope v1.0. is done within the next year or so  :happy:

QuoteAtrius, keep up the good work. I hope v1.0. is done within the next year

That's highly unlikely if you look at the progress since 2008.

It took 2 years years to get to 0.3, another year could make it to maybe 0.5, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, I like the new updates you just made.. good thing I was searching for errors the day of the release.

Edit: And yes, Shinigami, the old editors were awesome as well.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Kazua

Heh, I just found this out.

I appreciate you, Atrius.
:happy:

Arch-Dullahan

Thank you, Awesome editor is awesome!  :VenusSet:

ChrisButton

Go Atrius, he's our man! If he can't do it, no one can!

RTGreece21

@ChrisButton
Why did Gary flash his smug mug in my mind?

Dear Atrius: Awesome job as usual. ^^~ Even though you can take a while sometimes, your work has quality to it, ya always do some kind of awesome job~
The new update ya did gave me a lot more thoughts~
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Awec

I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

goldensunmaster97

atrius is the GOLDEN SUN HACKING MASTER
jenna is my faverite charactor ever

dwkjohn

:happy: I'm Lovin' It  :!:
hey. Did you know that at the beginning, you can find out on atrius's youtube channel, that if you can get in the forest out side the light house before the story part and walk over every thing to get behind the soldiers, that when you change the value back to zero that you can do that cool water spout move that alex uses on one of the soldiers and use "the force", yes the star wars kind, and force another one reeally far back and pull him back. Try it and tell me what you think.
thanks to Atrius, i figured it out after watching one of his videos!     :Alex:
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.