News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Who's your favorite playable character? (Names in poll)

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 01, November, 2010, 06:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's your favorite playable character?

Mut / Matthew / ?
5 (16.7%)
Karis / Karis / ?
9 (30%)
Terry / Tyrell / ?
1 (3.3%)
Kuraun / Crown / Rief
1 (3.3%)
Leoleo / Eoleo / Eoleo?
4 (13.3%)
Stella / Stella / ?
8 (26.7%)
Harumani / Haramony / ?
2 (6.7%)
Himi / Hima / ?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

So what do you think? Also, if you can, it would be nice if you gave your reason by posting below.

On the left, is the name in their urls, the middle, is the name that we have as translations, and the right is suppose to be in-game US names.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

I only really know the first four (five if I count the one who returned), but I pick Karis.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

MaxiPower

Mion Sonozaki

Eoleo. Don't tell me he isn't great? For a caster, he's not too shabby. Quite amazing, actually!
When you have both awesome spells and overpowered stats, obviously a character is broken. And Eoleo is broken beyond repair.

Aile~♥

[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Quote from: Lishy on 02, November, 2010, 03:00:55 PM
Eoleo. Don't tell me he isn't great? For a caster, he's not too shabby. Quite amazing, actually!
When you have both awesome spells and overpowered stats, obviously a character is broken. And Eoleo is broken beyond repair.

Aah! So there's the age difference!

btw, I didn't know he was a caster, thanks.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

SSBMX

I am behind on the dark dawn lingo
What is a caster? =p

Salanewt

I think that is similar to saying that they are a mage. Not sure of many other differences though.

I also have a strange suspicion that my mind will change once I buy the North American version shortly after my birthday.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

QuoteI think that is similar to saying that they are a mage. Not sure of many other differences though.

Hm.. yeah, and they are better at using psynergy than plain old attacking, right?

QuoteI also have a strange suspicion that my mind will change once I buy the North American version shortly after my birthday.

You don't get Eoleo right away, y'know. So I'd say, maybe the day AFTER your "shortly after my birthday", unless you get super-addictive to Dark Dawn, and play longer in one sitting than you should.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Salanewt

I tend to play games to the point that they become mush. Only about 3-4 days to get everything in Spirit Tracks, and only two before I beat the final boss (the other stuff was optional stuff).

I have a feeling that I might end up beating Dark Dawn after only two days of getting it, although it may take longer because of school. I will have to find out until then if my mind can be changed about Karis.

Have a nice day.

QuoteI tend to play games to the point that they become mush. Only about 3-4 games to get everything in Spirit Tracks, and only two before I beat the final boss (the other stuff was optional stuff).

So, I've noticed... 3-4 games? don't you mean days? I usually play a little bit at a time... so... which is also why I haven't beaten Dark Dawn (J) yet.

QuoteI have a feeling that I might end up beating Dark Dawn after only two days of getting it, although it may take longer because of school. I will have to find out until then if my mind can be changed about Karis.

Have a nice day.

Well, taking note that this is an RPG game, you may be right. And for school, it isn't September anymore, so you might have more homework as well.

Have a terrific Tuesday.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Salanewt

Yes, I do. I better correct that now.

[spoiler=Homework response, long but funny]Homework is more likely, especially when I consider the fact that none of my teachers will prepare any vacation work for me until a month after I ask (and this has happened for two years in a row, soon to be my third). Tomorrow is the day that I ask these teachers, but I can very easily tell what the answers will be. "Why not ask me again next week?" or, "It really is quite too early, I will have no work until the day before you board your plane." I am hoping that I can fit in some Dark Dawn between or before the negotiation periods, preferably before I start saying "Oh, but I will have absolutely no time to do the work, I like to put family over this pathetic attempy at work that I should have had 42 days ago." I have to admit though, my art teachers are usually much better with getting me work, and I have afternoons of art. All of this is why I should be able to change my mind when I get the game (and almost all of it is different too). Sometimes, my favourite character in a game depends on my mood as well, so I will see how I feel when I play.[/spoiler]

Have a nice day.

Mion Sonozaki

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 02, November, 2010, 07:06:43 PM
Wait, so Eoleo actually is a caster?
He's similar to Piers in that he has caster classes, but melee weapons. However, unlike Piers, Eoleo has no weakness. Whereas Piers was a Jack of All Trades, Eoleo is the master of all. I guess his only flaw is he cannot use the Sol Blade.

Aile~♥

Hey waitwait. Does he have a Fighter base class?

Also, I'm rooting for Stella.

zman9000

this may be off topic but....

is it just me or does Karis look exactly like Jenna but with green hair???

i mean the cape and the clothes and the staff and well if you look closly the skirt... o.0

and she is Ivan's daughter so does that mean that Ivan and Jenna = Karis???
                                                       NOT Isaac and jenna = Matthew???

and i tried to make that sound has harm less as possible...

and any way i pick Matthew... yes Matthew not Karis.

:Jenna: wtf
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Mion Sonozaki

Sveta. She rules! How could anyone no like her? Not only does she get beast form, but she is also an excellent fighter by herself! Plus, she is a cool character. She is too awesome to be a furry!

Charon

Aile~♥

I take back my earlier vote for Sveta. For one thing, she learns Psynergy of another element in her base class, which was until now canonically impossible. And she's completely overpowered utility-wise and combat-wise. I mean, Cure Poison and Restore? Both Mercury Adepts already know those! Are we just trying to make her overpowered for some reason? And why are Psynergy Slam and Psynergy Surge Venus elemental and not non-elemental?

Griever

Yah i didn't really like her, i would use Karis over Sveta any time .....
So who is your favorite now Jamie?