News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Who's your favorite playable character? (Names in poll)

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 01, November, 2010, 06:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's your favorite playable character?

Mut / Matthew / ?
5 (16.7%)
Karis / Karis / ?
9 (30%)
Terry / Tyrell / ?
1 (3.3%)
Kuraun / Crown / Rief
1 (3.3%)
Leoleo / Eoleo / Eoleo?
4 (13.3%)
Stella / Stella / ?
8 (26.7%)
Harumani / Haramony / ?
2 (6.7%)
Himi / Hima / ?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

tatsumakitee

im glad im not the only one that voted for eoleo :] that guys come back stronger than ever, high attack, slightly high defence and the psynergy list is wicked
wild Arcanus appeared. Kickass Amiti!!

Aile~♥

In terms of personality, either Karis or Eoleo. Eoleo's bloody hilarious.

In terms of combat practicality? Karis all the way. It's nice to have a Jupiter Adept who can do something useful without resorting to cheating. You know, like Sveta did. Oh, Amiti is also pretty useful.

Keelhaul COULD have been a neat attack if they knew what they were doing. Honestly, why he doesn't have a Cannonshot series is beyond me.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

I really don't have one.

Matthew was a freaking Silent Hero merged with an Isaac Clone
Tyrell was kind of funny at time, but battle-wise he was his father.
Karis seemed to be the brightest one of the group, but again, was a clone of her father (sans the healing thing - whoever decided that was a good idea should be shot).
Rief was his mother, and seemed to be a Kraden-in-Trading.  So far, things look okay for Weyard Jesus.  But sadly, only OK...

Amiti ticked me off.  First of the royals, and lawful stupid.  Slightly forgiven for being naive and sheltered, but then I remember I hate him.
Eoleo... what the hell did they DO to the poor guy?  Too late in the game to have much of an opinion of, though.
Sveta... THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I SAID NO LYCANS.  Gameplay-wise, she's more gimmicky than anything, and she's... well, not good.  She's great as a character, but sucks in battle, so... she evens out.
Himi.  My god, what were they thinking?  You can remove her from the game and NOTHING OF VALUE WOULD BE LOST.

Only Sveta was really memorable to me, and her class and equipment selection crippled her in combat, so she wound up having more negative than positive in the end...

Aile~♥

Matthew may be an Isaac clone, but due to the change in weapon mechanics, he doesn't play like his father. And he does have a personality, moreso than Felix and Isaac did. After all, he uses plenty of emotes, and at various times when you're presented with the option to use emotes, people behave as if he said something.

[spoiler=hidden]Then there's the time with the Mountain Roc. When Blados and Chalis appear, Mathew says "!!" and Tyrell responds "You said it, Matthew!" At another time, if you choose an angry emote Karis responds with "Wow... graphic!" I really don't know what was said, but it gives the feeling that it wasn't anything nice, and it probably involved threats of pain, suffering, and death.[/spoiler]

Sveta could be removed from convos and it would hardly make a difference. Her base class sucks, too. But if you give her Venus Djinn, she becomes a force to be reckoned with. Speed Punch is a cool attack. Her having Cure Poison and Restore as innate Psys really pissed me off, though. I suppose it, along with Spirit Sense, is excused by her being part of the Morgal royal lineage or something but... meh.

Giving Karis healing really wasn't such a bad idea, though personally I think they needed to switch it up a bit:
Impact should've been learned at base level, followed by Healing Breeze at 2 Djinn, and Ward at 4 Djinn. Or you could switch the order of Ward and Healing Breeze.
Also, given the fact that it's ESTABLISHED CANON from the first game that ALL JUPITER ADEPTS CAN LEARN MIND READ, why doesn't she have it?

And I have NO IDEA where you got the idea that Keelhaul and Vicious Chop weren't EPAs. I highly doubt a non-EPA with a PP cost of 6 would be caught doing 150+ damage. Which is the type of damage I was getting from Keelhaul with 5 Djinn set. And I also highly doubt a non-EPA with a PP cost of 15 would be caught dealing 200+ damage, especially not when Serpent Fume, which costs only 1 PP less, was still hitting approximately 150.

Amiti is lawful stupid. He may be an idiot, but he does add comic relief. Despite all that, I still hate him.

Himi... yeah. She needed some personality. That said, she's devastating in battle, having the only two Base Damage Psynergies stronger in power than Grand Gaia.

Rief is a Kraden-in-training with less self-confidence. You didn't pick up on that last part, did you Role?

Salanewt

QuoteAlso, given the fact that it's ESTABLISHED CANON from the first game that ALL JUPITER ADEPTS CAN LEARN MIND READ, why doesn't she have it?

[spoiler]I think they all can, but they also have a choice of whether they want to train it or not. She can even be quoted, saying that Mind Read
[/spoiler]

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

well i have to say the most pointless character in the game is Karis.
I mean what does she even do to help!
she heals and.....
Dies even against the easiest fight (and she is my highest level character....)

all she does is talk like she knows it all and dies.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Griever

Quotewell i have to say the most pointless character in the game is Karis.
HEY .... she is USEFUL ...... High impact and Resist are the most used buffs .......... and she has really good damage too ..... at least that is what i think >< psynergy is a lot more useful in Dark Dawn that they were in the first two games ....

An update to my favorite character list ^_^

1. Tyrell
2. Karis
3. Eoleo

Keelhaul and Vicious Chop ARE EPA ... although they are weaker than the other ones. Something to prove it is that Keelhaul gets upgraded at the 4th class change ........ isn't that a fact for the EPAs?

zman9000

^ you lie
< is braking the rules of this form!
v thinks i am right...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Aile~♥

^ is being immature. ^ is also forgetting that < is a global mod. Stop this foolishness right now, and take it to the Forum Games.

There was a non-EPA that got upgraded too. Its name was Dragon Cloud. It sucked. Role for some reason thought that Keelhaul was another Dragon Cloud, but if it was it would be hitting 60, not 160.

Yeah, I found that, for a strange change of pace, Shine Plasma actually does decent damage when you get it! And even continues to do a fair amount of damage for a good several levels after that!

Rolina

I got it from a reference site.  I don't remember which one, but it was a fansite.  Of course, I'd rather be able to look it up in its source, but  can't do that yet.  But yeah, when it said that, I was NOT amused.  I'd be a much happier camper if it was an EPA, but... well, I just plain don't use base classes, and don't use Eoleo, so I've no experience with this personally.

It said it's like an EPA with a power of 80ish or something, I'd have to look it up.  With a high mars power, that'd obviously be higher, but...

Griever

Sorry to post this here.

Role if you do not mind, can you post that website? I really want to take a look ... , sorry for the bother ><

Aile~♥

Griever

Thanks a lot Jamie.

Weird base power of 34 (Keelhaul) and it does 160+ damage .... i think they made a mistake here. The same applies to Vicious chop.

It has to be a new kind of formula ....... because that is just ... strange even Base (Diminishing) does not raise the power by that much.

Aile~♥

Exactly. As is agreed upon by EVERY OTHER SITE I'VE LOOKED AT, it's an EPA. So lulz.

Drick

Durza

He seems quite overlooked, but I like Amiti. He's quite handy with the Muramasa and Diamond Berg, especially if you give him Triton's Ward and the Heirloom Ring.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Rolina

Quote from: Durza on 16, April, 2011, 07:11:23 PM
Amiti. He's quite handy with the Muramasa
I call BS, he can't wield longswords.

I THINK you mean Masamune...

Either way, definitely cannot agree with you.  I really dislike Amiti, personally.

As for my choice?  In terms of the character, Sveta by far.  As for gameplay... I like how Ivan can pull off any role.

Awec

Amiti really annoyed me because he was just Rief with a different base class and a lack of personality.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Rolina

No no, he had a personality.  It was somewhere between "Naive fool" and "Spoiled brat".

Salanewt

I think it was both. Almost seemed like the type who would willingly paint his nose brown when sucking up to others, if you know what I mean (Tret, Laurel, even Matthew's team seemed to get a bit of it). However, those who he thinks would bring him almost nothing would get sour treatment; like Briggs and Eoleo.

But yeah, the entire second team was royalty, in one way or another.

Amiti: Nephew of King
Sveta: Princess to Queen
Eoleo: Son of Briggs, leader of Champa
Himi: Daughter of Susa, leader of Izumo (I forget the new name)

And the everyone on the first team are the children are the children of the members of the GS1 team, none of which are royalty.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?