News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Instruments

Started by Pkmn-Master, 04, November, 2010, 09:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mion Sonozaki

Aw man, I figured it'd be done by now :(

Rolina

Not bad.  Anyone ever think of doing the reverse?  Taking the DD songs and plugging them into the TLA soundfonts?

Pkmn-Master

Charon

You know what's weird, about GS:DD's sound files...

I was looking through them yesterday (because I transfered TLA's entire voicegroup data and wanted to add missing instruments) and GS:DD has TLA's voices. It makes me wonder... were they thinking about inserting the original music? If so, it's a real disappointment that they didn't...

Also, good job with the music, sound's legit to me.

Mion Sonozaki

Quote from: Pkmn-Master on 31, January, 2011, 07:09:45 PM
Dark Dawn Battle 2 - TLA Instruments
http://www.mediafire.com/?63a2s1ecv8dbc0o
Can I haz midi plox?

Also, maybe offtopic, but can midis be ripped with VGMTrans?

Griever

QuoteAlso, maybe offtopic, but can midis be ripped with VGMTrans?
Yes it can be ripped using that program.
Just drag and drop the NDS Rom and then choose the music that you like to rip and from the bottom left menu choose the one that starts with SEQ and then convert to MIDI or save as MIDI depends on the version you have.

Rolina

Quote from: Pkmn-Master on 31, January, 2011, 07:09:45 PM
Dark Dawn Battle 2 - TLA Instruments
http://www.mediafire.com/?63a2s1ecv8dbc0o
Epic job.  Can you do the following ones as well?  I want to use these in the Dimensional thingy hack - one battle and world theme for each clan territory.

Angaran Journey - Either Mars or Mercury Territory's World Map music.  Probably Mercury's.
Ascent to Destiny - mostly likely one of the final areas, when going in to defeat the virus
Battle - Chaotic Climax - final battle song option, obv.
Battle - Fight of Sons - battle theme for the first area, most likely Mercury Territory.
Battle - Fight Through the Darkness - battle theme for the final (thus, corrupted) area.
Battle - Find Your Way - most likely Mars Territory's battle music - you've done this one already.  We'll ignore the minor edit that was Force Your Way since it's just an instrument swap.
Battle - Formidable Enemy - third option for boss battles
Battle - Legacy of Power - upgraded Satty's theme with TLA instruments?  Yes please!
Battle - Prove Your Worth - probably would be used with optional boss battles, such as vs Me and Leaf.
Battle - War with Tuaparang - corrupted duo fight, I figure.  You'd fight the duo once or twice beforehand, once they get corrupted in the end, this would be used.
Passing the Obstacles - world map theme for Martian territory, most likely.

As for the Jupiter and Venus clans...

Venus would get Isaac's battle and world map themes.
Jupiter would get Felix's battle theme and Traversing Weyard.

Lots of coins and mad props will be awarded for getting all this.

Mion Sonozaki

Pkmn-Master

@Role, I've got some of your songs on the way. (I've never seen you so excited!)
Will edit this post as I upload.
Battle! Fight of Sons (Fixed)
Battle! Fight Through the Darkness
Boss Battle! Formidable Enemy
Boss Battle! Proving Your Worth

Rolina

Boss Battle 2 would be "Prove Your Worth".  Think about it, the two times you had that music, who were you fighting?

Heh, I can't wait to plug these into the game.

Ryo912

Pkmn-Master

I have put the Dark Dawn Soundfont on hold until I get more knowledge on how to fix samples' looping.

Rolina

In the mean time, could you upload more songs in TLA's soundfont?

I've got some other things I want to try from Sakuraba's works, but I can't link them at work.  I'll upload and link at home, though.  I'd really love to hear how they work with TLA's soundfonts...

Pkmn-Master

I just did another song with DD's instruments.
Tales of Rebirth - Desperate Battle
Everything's Dark Dawn except for the drums.

@Role: Just PM me the links to YouTube or whatever. Or if not, Soundcloud is a great alternative, and it's free.

Ryo912

So anybody got any news on a soundfont for Dark Dawn? Also..the Palace Theme from GS would sound nice in the Dark Dawn Soundfont, same with Mercury Lighthouse

Marin (She/Her)

I'm almost as eager to get ahold of these instruments as I am for the work being done at making it possible to extract instruments from Pokemon Stadium. c:

I'd like to throw it out there that most programs that use sound samples allow advanced looping options that are simply impossible with raw samples. D= If that's what you're still having trouble with.

Otherwise, let me know if there's anything I can do to help. -w-

EDIT: Heck, if you sent me a sample and tell me what's wrong with the loop I could see what can be done to fix it. Preferably in a nice raw .wav format. (Though I could always go through the trouble of converting them.)