News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Instruments

Started by Pkmn-Master, 04, November, 2010, 09:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkmn-Master

:!: BREAKING NEWS :!:

I've been looking through the GS: Dark Dawn ROM and I have found that most of GS1&2's instruments are inside.
Whether they are higher quality or not is yet to be found.

I will be editing this post as I find more info, so stay tuned.

EDIT: Screw that, Atrius pretty much covered it.

Atrius (He/Him)

Considering that the instrument samples alone take up more space than ALL of the audio data in TLA, I'm gonna go with yes.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Pkmn-Master

Well I have new, improved samples for my soundfont then!

Also, I've realized that the original drums are missing, and I may have found the synth instruments.
If not, then I found some that sound pretty damn close to it.

Mion Sonozaki

Well I'm excited to hear it'll be released soon (from what I understand?). I'm anxious for the next release  :happy:

Although, this will still be accurate, right?

Charon

I went through the MIDIs as extracted with NDS Sound Extractor and the sound effects are of higher quality than the GBA samples, but they are virtually the same otherwise.

[spoiler=sadness]Also, I'm very upset over the fact that very few songs from the original 2 games are actually in GS:DD, but at least they still have the same victory fanfare.

Atrius (He/Him)

I was surprised to find they had one of the previous battle themes stored in wav format among the sound data.  Seems kind of wasteful.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Pkmn-Master

Yeah, I found that too. Any idea if it's used anywhere in the game?

(Also is it possible we could split the GS:DD music talk to a separate topic?)

Atrius (He/Him)

Done.

Also, I haven't actually played the game yet, I'm still waiting for the English version so I can understand, and possibly enjoy the story.

Ryo912

Dark Dawn Instruments :?: :!:

I made a topic asking for TLA instruments and someone was able to post up a soundfont containing all of them.

Is it possible for someone to do the same with Dark Dawn? I'd sooooooooooooo appreciate that u have no idea

Pkmn-Master

Thanks Atrius for splitting discussion!

Quote from: Ryo912
Is it possible for someone to do the same with Dark Dawn?
I am working on compiling all of the instruments together and fixing the looping on them.
The instrument numbers are mixed up and don't match their actual instrument number, which will be a pain to fix.
:fury:
:Isaac:

Ryo912

@Pkmn-Master

I feel like an idiot. it was you who posted up the soundfont last time :sad:

Thanks again and thanks in advance!

Ryo912

Aile~♥

Dude, don't make new posts just to bump the topic, especially if you're double-posting to do so. Not cool.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Ryo912

oookayy. But I just wanted to know any updates. Didn't think editing my previous post would really do anything but ok.

Aile~♥

I know, and I'm saying you should probably wait, or ask the question in the Cbox to get people to remember the topic. I know I've done that. :D
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

Usually when there's an update on something they'll make a post about it.

Pkmn-Master

An update approaches!

Please note that the drums are just Golden Sun GBA's drums because I have yet to fix DD's set.

Ryo912

Those themes sound really good with that soundfont. Any idea on when it will be ready? :happy:

Mion Sonozaki

I'm excited. Please release it already :(

Pkmn-Master

Sorry guys, no update for a while. School's really taking up a lot of my time and I wish I could work on it more.

Just like every soundfont I make, I'm having trouble with the looping.
Until I get the time and patience to loop these right, I'm on pause.