News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Party member adding/removing

Started by Atrius, 06, November, 2010, 04:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Easiest method is to use VBA-SDL-H. Place a breakpoint write on 02000040. On breakpoint, you'll want to continue executing the code until you ext the function, which will probably give you your location. (But if you aren't completely out of the party member adding function, you may need exit by executing code again.... I forget if there are function calls in the party member adding function itself.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

I tried a while ago, but I had no luck finding it. I even tried replacing/deleting code in the title screen room's assembly, but I don't think that worked either.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

>.< Why must I do everything? ; (Heh. Don't take this line seriously.)

When you get a breakpoint, you'll be at 08016DOE ; This is in the WRITE BIT function, so let's exit it by doing:

n<enter>

See? You are at 080AFDE8, this is in the ADD CHARACTER function, so you'll need to exit this function as well. (Keep doing:  n<enter>.)

We are now at 080AE104. Now what is right above this is what you want. Simply easy peasy. (I wouldn't be surprised if the change of leader happens somewhere around here as well, but I have not looked yet. Edit: 080AE0FA)

This function is called from 020081BA. So if you want to investigate, good luck.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Oh gosh, lol. I just used your call locator tool, and I found it there too. I think I'm... Special. On the positive side, I don't think there is much else to find in regards to this topic.

Anyway, thanks for helping me out with this!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?