News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Swine Flu

Started by Charon, 28, April, 2009, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

So, we were talking about it in the Cbox, and it started a reasonably sized discussion, so I made a topic to motivate some more posting around here... and because it's friggin' Swine Flu!

So... has where you live been effected yet?

Zach

Quote from: Charon on 28, April, 2009, 09:38:00 PMSo, we were talking about it in the Cbox, and it started a reasonably sized discussion, so I made a topic to motivate some more posting around here... and because it's friggin' Swine Flu!

So... has where you live been effected yet?
unfortunately, yes, and it was yesterday. worst of all, it's in a city that's about 37 minutes from house. to make it even worse, i go to church in that city =_=

Charon

Well, if your family is that afraid, pray at home. I would do that. Dun't have to go to a church/temple to pray. I haven't gone to temple in months. They're so nice... but now's a pretty hard time for financing XP

Anyhow, we've got two cases and another six suspected. We've already got the warning signs (literally signs with health precautions) in our school. I think that it's better to be safe than sorry... but I feel its blown a bit. Nobody, with the exception of a young child, have actually died from it outside of Mexico. Still, if I die from this, I think I'll be more pissed than saddened. Mainly because I always feel there isn't enough time to get things done.

Best thing to do is to stay away from infected places. That will at least reduce the speed in which you and people around you will contract it; i.e. don't go to your church, unless it is an exceptionally large city.

twocows

Bunch of hype. I'm not going to seal myself in my room just because a few people are getting sick. I'm going to seal myself in my room to screw around with the Windows 7 RC; it's a much more compelling reason to stay inside.

Rolina

Quotehype (plural hypes)

1. Promotion or advertisement; especially, exaggerated claims.

It's not a big deal, guys.  It's just a new name for the seasonal flu, except it kills LESS people than the seasonal flu.  YAWN.

Salanewt

It looks like this conversation has been almost dead for a month, so maybe I could add something...

I have not heard about it much lately, has anyone else?

I think so far, only 1 person has died here, but Canada and the United States have better hygiene than Mexico.

Well, it is no longer swine flu, but it has a name that takes more time to pronounce.

H1N1 Virus...

Swine Flu...

1 more character too...

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:

P.S. I think sooner or later, it will change again to something like Mexican Influenza or something really long (They did the same to Shell Shock).

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 9 2009, 03:00 PM
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Kai Hong

Aaaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhh! Bird flu! (Bird flu comes and goes.) Aaaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhh! Swine flu!

Tiger: I am scary. When I roar, half the jungle trembles in fear.
Lion: You think that's scary? When I roar, the WHOLE jungle runs and hides!
Pig: Big deal. When I sneeze, the whole planet panics.

Sorry about those who have died but honestly, the best thing to do about a bad thing is either fix it or joke about it.
WARNING! IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO READ THIS WARNING! NOW YOU WILL DIE...eventually.

Rolina

It's been nearly a whole year since the last post.  Stop necroposting.

Salanewt

But Role, "necroposting" is not against the rules here. It has nearly been two years actually... Anyway, it would seem that the H1N1 epidemic is pretty much over. I wonder what the next epidemic will be?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

When I first saw this topic in the recent posts box, I thought it was new and that people were going crazy over something stupid again. Instead, I come to find out it was one stupid member going crazy reviving dead topics. I am not amused.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]