News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun: The Broken Seal Hack Help

Started by thenightsshadow, 08, November, 2010, 06:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenightsshadow

I keep getting error messages like:

"Cannot compress string with current compression tables.  The tables need to be re-written, but that isn't currently supported."

What exactly is happening here?
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Salanewt

The game probably can't accept certain letter combinations, so the editor prevents you from doing using them. For example, Marquis or Kingdom might give you problems.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

thenightsshadow

Do you have a list of what names/combinations aren't usable?
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Atrius (He/Him)

What's happening is that the string can't be compressed with the current compression tables, they need to be rewritten, but that isn't currently supported.  The compression tables are formatted in a way that it becomes impossible to compress a string at all if you put the wrong letters beside each other.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Aw, well don't be totally disappointed, atleast you can still use your username..

Tested usernames:

Atrius
Salanewt
charleysdrpepper
thenightsshadow
Lishy
weckar
Role
Charon
A boy and his bird
Corvidae
leafgreen 386 (If you exclude the space it doesn't work.)

It's too bad we can't have the text field empty... even with just a space. I assume that's why we use '?' instead.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Menaus

"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla