News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun Hack: Hero Mode

Started by thenightsshadow, 08, November, 2010, 04:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenightsshadow

I'm still working on it, but with the release of the new editor I've decided to go back to The Broken Seal and start working from there.

Here's a video to help tide the wait.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6FnT9P1-5A

Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

thenightsshadow

Version 0.1 - For everyone - http://bit.ly/bcItcK
Version 0.2 - Link is for testers only (Covers up to Tret).

For those that wish to be testers, I would like to request that you do not look at the changes in the editor or read the changelog until after you beat Tret.

For everyone else, here's the changelog file for Version 0.1.

Changelog.txt
[spoiler=Changelog]- Hack Progress
From the start until Bilibin.  (Close and surrounding areas are more or less complete.)

- Weapons
No weapon numbers have been changed, but all weapons have a description.

- Armor
No change

- Items
Some items have gained descriptions.
Shaman's rod casts Slash currently, but will be dropped on the next update.  (Was used for testing some things.)

- Djinni
Flint is now Harrow, and Harrow's dialogue is changed (doesn't attack with a Stone Cleaver).
Forge is now Furnace.  Furnace's rate unleashing of his power has been dropped by half (compared to the video's Furnace).
Gust is now Typhoon.
Iron is now Soil.
Fever is now Aurora.
Breeze is now Pressure.
Fizz is now Bubble.
Sleet is now Rain.

Battleable Djinni (at this point: Furnace, Pressure) have been upgraded and made into mini-bosses for all intents and purposes.  They give no exp or coins, but they can showcase what they can do unleash-wise.  Their names have been changed to reflect the Djinni.

Venus Djinni stats have been altered but still fit the total stats of before.
All mentioned Djinni have new text and re-arranged animation.

- Psynergy
Blast/Mad Blast/Fiery Blast has been changed to Bang/Heavy Bang/Big Bang just to separate the two Burst psynergy.

- Enemies
All non-sanctum monsters so far have HP regen, and all psynergy-using monsters so far have PP regen (which doesn't seem to work).

- Bosses
Okay, so there's no real boss yet, but the Thief/Bandit/Thief battle will give an idea as to what's changed.  Each boss battle will have their own trick to it (though it'll be easier from the get go comparatively speaking).

- Classes
Squire line, Guard line, and Wind Seer line have been equalized at 620% total.  Garet isn't crappy anymore.

- Character Innates
Nothing yet, but I will be changing things here shortly.

- Misc. Stuff
Will be looking for some help in taking existing animations and adding the djinni icon to them.[/spoiler]

thenightsshadow

I don't have an update at the moment, but posting to bump the thread and say that the hack is now at version 0.4.

Changelog.txt
[spoiler=Changelog]- Hack Progress
From the start until just after the Killer Ape.  Includes the nearby Mars Djinni.

- Weapons
No weapon numbers have been changed, but all weapons have a description.  Descriptions have changed for some weapons.

- Armor
All armors have a description now.

- Items
All items have a description.
Curative items have been powered down.
Stat-boosting items are much better.

- Djinni
Flint is now Harrow, and Harrow's dialogue is changed (doesn't attack with a Stone Cleaver).
Forge is now Furnace.  Furnace's rate unleashing of his power has been dropped by half (compared to the video's Furnace).
Gust is now Typhoon.
Iron is now Soil.
Fever is now Aurora.
Breeze is now Pressure.
Fizz is now Bubble.
Sleet is now Rain.
...will update later.

Battleable Djinni (at this point: Furnace, Pressure) have been upgraded and made into mini-bosses for all intents and purposes.  They give no exp or coins, but they can showcase what they can do unleash-wise.  Their names have been changed to reflect the Djinni.

Venus Djinni stats have been altered but still fit the total stats of before.
All mentioned Djinni have new text and re-arranged animation.

- Psynergy
Blast/Mad Blast/Fiery Blast has been changed to Bang/Heavy Bang/Big Bang just to separate the two Burst psynergy.

- Enemies
All non-sanctum monsters so far have HP regen, and all psynergy-using monsters so far have PP regen (which doesn't seem to work).

- Bosses
Tret, Saturos, and Killer Ape bosses are complete.  Each has their own technical strategy to make things easier, but still allows for the standard strategy to work (albeit, at a higher level).
Mystery Man and Mystery Woman finally seem like they barely escaped with their lives (aka, wounded).  They're still undefeatable by the Younger Isaac and Garet, but it's possible to survive three rounds now.

- Classes
Squire line, Guard line, and Wind Seer line have been equalized at 620% total.  Garet isn't crappy anymore.
Young Isaac and Garet's classes have names now.
Will be working on the remaining classes next.

- Character Innates
Perfect level ups are in the works to become more and more frequent.

- Misc. Stuff
Will be looking for some help in taking existing animations and adding the djinni icon to them.[/spoiler]

Rolina

Welcome back, tns.  Been almost a year since you were last here.

Just a heads up, there's some glitches we found in the class editor - and they're pretty nasty ones at that.  At the moment, we can't organize classes as a result, since tri-elemental classes get screwed over due to the hiccup.

thenightsshadow

Isn't it possible to just temporarily make tri-element classes inaccessible so as not to make the glitch devastating?  I did so in my first runthrough of hacking.

Rolina

Removing functionality from a game to get around a technical hiccup should never be an option.  Since your game isn't finished yet, a simple disclaimer letting people know about the editor's glitch is fine.

However, when it comes time to make the classes, just keep it in mind before you go "wait, why the hell is this class not working right?"

I meant it as a heads up anyways, so as to not think something was wrong with your code.