News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Assassins of the golden sun?

Started by ThanatosTheDark, 22, September, 2011, 03:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThanatosTheDark

Obviously this one can't be done until the next editor is dropped because it requires sprite editing and creating cities.

How about making golden sun like assassins creed? We could make cities with close buildings, swing ropes, and slides to simulate freerunning.

We could make  :Felix: into ezio and  :Piers: into altiar. The soul armors would be like templars and kraden could be rodrigo borgia.

Classes could be the ranks you need to get in order to become a master assassin. I don't know how djinn would fit into it, but I'm sure we could think of something.
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

Rolina

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

ThanatosTheDark

Charon

HAY GUIZE K SO ASSINS CREEDZ WONT WORK LIKE YEA

LETS DO UM

UM

COD YEA LETS DO A COD HACK

Listen, Kingzane. Something I always do before going ahead and making a hack is that I think thoroughly about how I want to interpret the original material in the new engine. For example, as a quick joke hack I put tf2 characters in Pokemon. I thought a lot about what their stats should be and what their movesets and gameplay styles would be so I could match them. Just saying "WOULDN'T THIS BE A KEWL CROSSOVER" isn't going to turn people's heads. Heck, I'm still skeptical about extending that hack even though some people thought it was really cool due to story, music and logic reasons.

Next time you come up with a crossover hack, I wanna see some ideas about movesets, element styles, enemies, storyline ect. instead of what you've done with the last two topics. Jeez, its almost like you're acting on instinct or something.

Locked until Kingzane provides me more ideas for his hack to prevent any additional spam or flaming.

Charon

Reopened since Kingzane has shown appropriate amount of effort allocated to the project.

Rolina

Really?  Because it sounds like he wants to rewrite the code so drastically that it defeats the entire point of using GS.

If I wanted to play Assassin's Creed, I'd play Assassin's Creed.

ThanatosTheDark

I'm just trying to do something until I get a new computer to make things happen. Is that ok with you role?

Charon

At this point he's given me a story and a few class/item ideas, so I let him open up. If he wants to redo everything and realizes he has too much work he'll probably drop the project anyhow. He promised to not make any more topics like this within a short period of time like he was starting to do so it isn't a big deal.

Rolina

Did you even read his first post?  He's suggesting adding parkour into GS.  I don't think the engine can handle that.  This seems too far fetched to be taken seriously, no matter how much he tries to rationalize it.

Charon

Maybe he'll learn something and stop suggesting stupid crossovers.

Or, at least take that segment out and try something else. He's not doing any harm by putting his ideas out there, so why stop him? He promised to not make a new topic for every new idea he gets so it's alright.

ThanatosTheDark

The GS engine can handle the parkour I'm thinking of because it already has the stuff need for it. I'm just gonna custom cities so that buildings are close enough to jump to and add rope swings. I thinking of putting parkour into GS and that's how I thought of assassins creed in GS.

ChrisButton

Ideas are great and if you really think you can do it, go for it.
But, at the same time you must also be realistic.  :happy:

ThanatosTheDark

Thancks for the encouragement chris. Finally someone believes in me.

Rolina

Sure, but have fun coding this, buddy.  Most of us are going for an RPG, not an Assassin's Creed style game.  I think the jump patch is pretty much as close as you're gonna get to this.

Aile~♥

Not that hard, all you need is Grip, the Whirlwind chains from Jupiter Lighthouse, and the Crush/Pound see-saws from DD.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

ThanatosTheDark

Okay, so I have most of the character roles that I want for this little project. If anyone thinks that someone should have a different role, just tell me and I will see if it can fit. If not, then I might think of it in a later hack....who knows?

Past-ish roles
Kraden- Master assassin
Young Isaac- main character- assassin in training
Young Garet- swordsman's apprentice(mentor is spoken about but never shown)

Prestent-ish roles
Isaac- advanced assassin- teacher
Felix- psychokinetic mage(this is where the alchemy comes in)
Jenna-psychokinetic mage in training- Felix's apprentice
Piers- master pirate(overseas transportation)
Sheba- templar
Ivan- assassin spy(does mostly stealth than fighting)
Garet- mercenary captian/swordsmaster
Mia- arctic queen- doctor/healer
Karst- shadow assassin
Agatio- templar captain
Briggs- templar pirate king
Moapa- psychic templar(has control over shaman's village)
Dullahan- templar king
Star magician- templar mage
Valukar- templar demon
Sentinel- templar gladiator

All of these character's roles may change due to suggestions, what's easier to plot, or some other third thing that I can't think of at the moment.

Charon

Role, stop it, you're not winning anything from constantly belittling his ideas. Who knows, maybe he'll release a patch that's pretty good.

So what characters are you going to have playable? Don't forget that the limit is 8; Atrius himself said that you'd have to reprogram basically everything to get it to work. It's okay to have more characters obviously but you gotta put priority on the playables, since they'll be traveling with you constantly and the ones in battle, and are limited to 8 characters. I honestly don't know jack about AC but my suggestion is this - try to make the characters from the same time period, and the ones from other time periods be relevant to the story but not playable. This way you don't have to worry about taking in and out characters...

Salanewt

Speaking of battle, how are you planning on handling them? Are you keeping random battles, or are you going to start them based on object collision?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I think this crossover might be better off being made in RPG Maker or Game Maker rather than be a mod for an existing game.