News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Packrats - The Power of Trivia

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 15, May, 2013, 11:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Not a perfect title, but recently I came up with interesting questions.

What do you do with friends when it comes to friend lists/buddy lists?
-Do you just accept any friend request no matter who it is from, or do you only do family and close friends, etc.?
-If you have a friend in one of your lists would you be more likely to keep them there forever or unfriend them if they have been inactive for a couple months? What do you normally consider when you unfriend someone?

When you get an email, would you be more likely to leave it in your inbox for future reference, or would you delete it?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Misery

-Do you just accept any friend request no matter who it is from, or do you only do family and close friends, etc.?
Accept from pretty much anyone, as long as it's someone I've talked to or at least seen before, unless there's any specific reason not to. In the future though, I'll probably have separate lists for people I know IRL and people I know online.

-If you have a friend in one of your lists would you be more likely to keep them there forever or unfriend them if they have been inactive for a couple months? What do you normally consider when you unfriend someone?
I don't think I've ever unfriended anyone. I'd keep them in my list unless they start to bother me (never happened).

When you get an email, would you be more likely to leave it in your inbox for future reference, or would you delete it?
I save pretty much everything that isn't notifications, system messages, or spam.

RagnarokEmissary

(Yay, someone actually POSTS for once. LOL.)

I don't get friend requests TT_TT

@ Misery:  All of that sounds a lot like me. (Maybe with one or two minor differences.)  However, I do know that there are people who like to keep only active friends in their lists. Which probably sounds weird. (I think having a log of all people you've contacted in the past with whatever messenger you are using is pretty neat, so...) Ofcourse, for group lists (like the clans), it is possible they could be slightly different?; I guess it can depend on what the members want? For example, had Salanewt been Venus's head still, the members would probably been removed after 3 months of inactivity, but I forget exactly.... I decided that it should be 6 months. (And I'm not even actively monitoring them anymore.)

---
@Ragna: I take it you don't get emails either? :) Your life must be clean of trivia.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Kioll

I won't accept friend invites from people I haven't talked to.  If I've talked to someone and sorta like 'em, I'll accept.  Otherwise, no.  As for unfriending...  I go through my list every year or three and delete everyone that doesn't come online or talk to me anymore, but with a thirty day warning.  And as for e-mail, I only save e-mails from a special someone unless it has super-important information.  Everything else gets deleted eventually.
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Quotebut with a thirty day warning.
That sounds nice. Letting people know why you've removed them is also a good way to give them the opportunity to re-friend you if they ever become active again and are interested. (That is, if you choose to accept re-friends.)

QuoteI only save e-mails from a special someone
Ah. Not sure if you are dating, or...

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

RagnarokEmissary

@Tea: Well, I get spam, if that counts as getting email. You should see the @#$% I find in my inbox, sometimes they advertise "penis enlargement" pills. I DON'T EVEN HAVE A @#$%&*! DICK TO ENLARGE.

Why doesn't anyone send me a year's supply of beer? And why is the spam I get always about penis pills and blow up sex dolls?

Well, I get spam for stuff like "win a free iPad" and @#$% like that, but I mostly get the crazy stuff.

Kioll

The someone special is my first girlfriend ever.
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Jiten

Rolina

So THIS thread is why Raptr thought I was playing some stupid browser game.  >_>