News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden sun hack Golden sun: Northen clan aid

Started by Lord Wolfram, 25, February, 2014, 09:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Wolfram

Everyone  wished to play as Saturos as did I.I witted for such a hack but there were no release of such a hack.So I had to make it myself and it was relay hard and confusing.
I changed the  :Garet: to :Saturos:, :Jenna: to :Menardi: :Sheba: to :Karst: and  :Piers: to :Agatio: And if I am right  :Kraden: to :Alex:
I edited filed sprites and battle sprites Removed sword sprites.
Enjoy.

Thunder-squall

Wow, congrats.  So same story, just different pictures?

Lord Wolfram

Well you are right. the story isn't changed because I want to improve this hack. change :Mia: to :Alex: Karen wont bee changed but to contune I need completed Alex battle sprites not half. idea to change all member elemental powers to :MarsStar:  and change some Djinni to :MarsDjinni: so I need your help in order to change Djinni elements and to make Alex character

Lord Wolfram

In order to make fantastic story I need to ask question how to change battle theme.
my idea is to change Isaacs battle theme to Saturos battle theme.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

That sounds like a question for me. *Digs out the information from my huge documentation.*

Unfortunately, it is done in Thumb assembly. I have not looked up what Saturos's Battle theme number is.

080CA5D8 = Assign Battle Music (Has story flag 16C check.)
080CA63C = Song list follows...
  0038 = If on ship and ship has no wings
  0032 = Felix
  02EE = Isaac
  0031 = Jenna

080CA670 is Isaac's song number done in three instructions. (6 bytes) As you can see in VBA's Disassemble...

mov r6, #0x80 //Sets r6 to 0x80.
lsl r6, r6, #0x02 //Logical Shift Left: Shifts value in r6 left two bits. (Bitwise instruction << in high-level languages.) (0x80 > 0x100 > 0x200)
add r6, #0xEE //Add 0xEE to r6. (0x200 + 0xEE = 0x2EE, which is Isaac's number.)

In high-level language style, it may look more like this:

r6 = 0x80
r6 = r6 << 2
r6 += 0xEE

Note that r6 would be a variable, so in a high-level language, you would probably be using a better name...

songNum = 0x80
songNum = songNum << 2
songNum += 0xEE

But then, High-level languages don't have the limits assembly has, so you'd set the variable directly. (songNum = 0x2EE)
The limits I'm talking about is that instructions like mov or add can only "mov" or "add" up to 8 bits of data. (Up to 0xFF) Which is why you need to shift/add values if you have a larger number. (Unless you do an ldr, which isn't used in this example.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Lord Wolfram

Well I thank you for help. I have found in invisionfree.com/ theme list:
02f1 Fusion Dragon Battle!
02ef Saturos Battle!
02ee Battle! (Broken Seal)
these themes i plan to use in this project.

You are welcome.

And good. So Saturos's theme comes directly after Isaac's theme. That makes things real simple.

080CA674:EF (Or, in a hex editor, edit CA674 to EF.)

But wait? How do you plan to use song 2EE if Isaac doesn't use it? Hm...
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Lord Wolfram

That is a secret.  :Saturos::happy:  you are right my mistake.

Quote from: Definition of secreternoun
any of various organs that synthesize substances needed by the body and release it through ducts or directly into the bloodstream [syn: gland]
I'm guessing you meant secret.

I was asking in case you needed help with it, but I guess not.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Lord Wolfram

Well I need some help.
How to put party member portraits to other person.
I plan puting Piers portrait to Karst

Lord Wolfram

Good news I have almost finished editing sprites and changed Isaac's battle theme. 35% of hack is finished. :happy:

RagnarokEmissary

You're making a hack that let's you play as the Proxians? Awesome.

Lord Wolfram

The part I is finished.New problems:
1.I filed to change battle theme but if you Will wish to hear it while fighting as (originally Isaac) member change theme in Memory winewer.
2.I started edit text but in some places it freezes.
3.still haven't changed portraits.
Help please! :send:

If you are editing text in Atrius's Editor, does it freeze when you try to boot up the game?  If so, it's likely because of the innate psynergies pointer. (Yeah, a bug Atrius never made a bug fix for... however, I did end up making a bug fix once... I sort of wish that Atrius would make the official bug fix, though.)

Quote from: If yes to freezing on boot-up.... See if Innate Psynergies is the problem.080ADF02 = Innate Psynergies code

Since Atrius actually patches this section up to make his Innate Psynergies feature, I forget the exact address of where the pointer is, but it should be around here displayed as an odd number if innate psynegies is the problem.. (What you do is 16-bit align the data the pointer points to, as well as the pointer itself. ; If this pointer is already an even number, I don't think it's the problem.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Lord Wolfram

About texts it all is clear I discovered my mistake but now...
I NEED HELP!
After editing texts come big error the game wont start.
there is only black screen. :!:

Lord Wolfram

Good news the hack have been completed.
About the glitch to start game use saved state ''Golden sun start''
there could bee some places where texts are freezing.
don't rush it dialogs.
Isaac and Piers don't own their portraits. :sad:
Sheba wont have psyenergy whirlwind but gale.
some places with texts aren't edited but that doesn't mater.
PS: this is beta version. report to me what is need to change.

Lord Wolfram

Lord Wolfram

I have edited again because  of last error.
75% of hack is finished.

Lord Wolfram

It is finished! :happy:
download safe it is patched file.
IPS Patch link:http://www.mediafire.com/download/6q1kqklzyj61gdx/Golden+Sun+-Northen+clan+aid.ips
This is last northen clan aid story play and remember DO NOT EDIT NAMES OF HEROES!
you will bee confused.

Thunder-squall