News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun: the Sexy Age

Started by MattCustovGaming, 28, April, 2015, 07:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattCustovGaming

So this is a Revamp coming along, an idea I've had for around a year, come to think about it...
    Anyways, this is something I've had stored for a while, and while it's not ready for public release, I'm going to go ahead and make the forum page for it, dedicating it as my own, Before the first update, I will post some screenshots, so no worries there... anyways, have a good night!
Edit: So I had the screenshots ready, as well as a playable demo, but the files crashed or something, I can't access them. I'll have them posted by the end of tomorrow night
Karis and Matthew is now happening

Salanewt

Haha, I've been thinking of doing something like this for a very long time; happy to see someone else taking the lead and starting one. I would love to see some screenshots soon too.

Let me know if you need any advice/tips/suggestions/whatever. There's a patch floating around that essentially lets you have a golden shower spell if I recall correctly... Oh, and I really hope you do something with the charm/confuse ailments. There's quite a bit of potential with them if you want to figure them out.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

MUST...
NOT...
START...
SHIPPING WAR...

* Rolina flees the thread

FrozenWrath

... Whatever.

Couldn't be /that/ bad, could it?

Aile~♥

Quote from: Rolina on 30, April, 2015, 08:39:02 PM
MUST...
NOT...
START...
SHIPPING WAR...

* Rolina flees the thread
What, because of his avatar and signature?

*ships Matthew/Karis also, so there!* (Then again, I have a thing for Victorious Childhood Friend romances in general.)
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

charon the ferryman

This sounds so bad it's good and I want it to happen

VardenSalad

I honestly couldn't see Matthew being shipped with a party member other than Karis. Though, when your main character doesn't technically say anything, you turn them into anything.

I still thought Sveta was a cool character, though. Actually feel bad she got stuck in a sub-par game.
Never forget why you started playing.

Rolina

I love how I left to avoid the very thing you guys are starting up.

VardenSalad

C'mon...bring out the big guns. I don't even know who you'd pair Matthew with. The kid is an open book with a nice scarf.

Rolina

Karis has shown no romantic feelings towards Matt.  This is a case almost identical to mudshipping, where the only reason it exists is "main character + only girl".  Well, Karis is the only girl for the first two thirds of the game.  The players get attached to her, but not once does it come across that she or Matt have a thing for each other.  Sveta, on the other hand, underwent a freaking soul transfer.  That's some powerful stuff going on there.  It shows a clear connection between her and Matt.  If there's a pairing, there's more evidence to support Spiritshipping than whatever the hell Karis' ship name is called.  Kinda like how Valeshipping vs Mudshipping went, and we all know how that turned out. CRY SOME MOAR, MUDSHIPPERS!

charon the ferryman

Who gives a @#$%, you could make it crack and have tons of fun with it. You don't have to participate if you don't want to. Also, can anyone take the title "the sexy age" seriously? Loosen up, Role.

Aile~♥

The difference, in my opinion, between shipping Matthew/Karis and shipping Isaac/Mia is that Matthew and Karis are childhood friends, while Isaac and Mia had just met. Given how that turned out in the case of Isaac and Jenna, it doesn't seem too out of left field. Plus, a large part of how Karis reacts to Matthew depends on the emote responses you choose at various points in the game, so it's entirely possible for them to be basically on the same wavelength throughout the game.

I will agree that Sveta and Matthew doing that soul transfer thing certainly provides amazing shipping material, though. And Matthew/Sveta is in fact shipped far more commonly than Matthew/Karis from what I've seen. Speaking of that, even Sveta/Karis seems to be more common than Matthew/Karis.

(I see a lot of Karis/Amiti shipping for whatever reason, too. That seems odd to me. Only thing she does is blush slightly and tell him to put on a shirt. I could imagine that reaction from just about any girl in the party; she just happened to be the only girl. As far as shippings that aren't her and Matthew go, I felt like she has far more of a connection with Rief than with Amiti. They're both very analytical minds and seem to get along quite well whenever alchemical devices or history become the topic of discussion.)
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

VardenSalad

Thread un-derailed. Ignore original post.

Salanewt

Say... are there any updates on this yet? I'd love to see a screenshot or something. Anything to show some progress!

Oh yeah, I remember doing some experiment where status dialogue was displayed for every turn a character was not afflicted with a particular ailment, while using a certain effect would "treat" it. That ailment was horniness LONGING, but it didn't really do anything because I never got around to making it do something. It was also kind of annoying that battles always started with it at 0 for every character, meaning that the message was constantly spammed in the feed. I could see something like that being a new Delusion or Confusion though, at least if the counter were changed to increase on every turn rather than decrease and the higher values in the counter actually affected you in some way. Different "acts" could then lower the counter by different amounts...

Better stop talking, lol. Might end up putting the first Disco Sun patch on hold if I don't.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Quote from: Seto Kaiba on 05, May, 2015, 11:46:28 AM
Who gives a @#$%, you could make it crack and have tons of fun with it. You don't have to participate if you don't want to. Also, can anyone take the title "the sexy age" seriously? Loosen up, Role.
...This because I made a shipping joke.  Cute.  If it helps, next time I'll be serious for you then.  That way you can feel good about your quips.

leaf

I think you just got baited, role.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

MattCustovGaming

Quote from: Lord Squirtle on 05, May, 2015, 03:09:51 PM
Say... are there any updates on this yet? I'd love to see a screenshot or something. Anything to show some progress!
To be honest, I've been offline since like five minutes after this post. Though I have done some Djinn stat revamping (making them a little better to help prevent rushing) and trying to balance stats, Screenshots should be up by next week
Karis and Matthew is now happening

Salanewt

I know!

Sweet, I look forward to seeing your progress.