News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

GSdatahandler decompile

Started by DeanJGrey, 11, January, 2021, 11:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeanJGrey

Hey guys,

Having a bit of a look at Atrius' editor, and I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to decompile the GSdatahandler.dll.

Anyone have an idea on how it was compiled, and the best way to decompile?

Kind Regards

Salanewt

Hey there,

Atrius' editor was programmed in Game Maker 8.1 I believe (or maybe 8.0), although that's about as much as I can say on that because I don't have much experience with it.

It is an open source program at least, so the source code is available here: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=132
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

DeanJGrey

Thanks Salanewt (:

Is the source code for GSdatahandler.dll in there as well?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Yep.
The DLL was coded in, I think C++?..... Those files can open in Notepad... but you may need a compiler to compile them.
The point of the DLL is because it executes faster than GML... It contains things like managing the ROM's free space, decompression, etc. (Not a whole lot.)
Most of the interesting stuff is in the .gmk file... which needs the Game Maker application to see.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

DeanJGrey

Awesome,

Thanks Teawater (:

I've been working on your gsmagic as well. Glad you coded in C#!
Thank you for sharing the source code!

Can I ask, how come you stopped working on it?