News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Djinn design Request

Started by MaxiPower, 02, August, 2010, 11:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

I need four new elemental Djinn of the elements (fire, water, wind, and earth) But i need them to look different than the original lot...
I will eventually need them in sprite form but a simple design would be great to go on first
If anyones decent at sketching / has a scanner and are genuinely interested could you please help me out.

If someone could try an Earth djinn to start that would be great.

Im thinking some sort of brownish/green

GAH...!!! truly I have no idea

Salanewt

I suppose I can try making one tomorrow, as well as to finish those other sprites. Could you please remind me which planet corresponds to each element (since I have a feeling that you are not using Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Jupiter for these)?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

Oh cool that would be great dude

Venus > Uranus
Mercury > Neptune
Mars > Saturn
Jupiter > Pluto

Salanewt

Okay, I have two side sprites of your Uranus djinni ready, and both are different versions. One is kind of shaped like a crescent, the other has a few leaves on its back (and both are about the same height as the Jupiter djinni). I have a few more changes that I want to do to the one with leaves, but could you please explain how you might want it to look? They both currently have a sluggish look to them, lacking legs.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

Its hard to say to be honest like the four current djinn arnt based on a animals (and ive never tried to figure out what they are) so ive been looking at monster sprites online to try and get some ideas

post what ya got so far could ya dude...

I had the idea of just doing a pallet swap of the original four, but id rather have something original

:) im useless

Salanewt

I wouldn't say so, just look at your series! Anyway, I suppose I can upload the sprite that I have so far.

I think it should be larger, but I would like your input first. I am also working on a portrait based on this, but it is coming along quite slowly.

As for what the djinn look like, my best guess is tha you are supposed to interpret them in your own way (for example, I see a toad+Pikachu, mutated dog+scorpion, squirrel, and a fish).

Have a nice day.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Salanewt on 03, August, 2010, 02:57:19 PM
I wouldn't say so, just look at your series! Anyway, I suppose I can upload the sprite that I have so far.

I think it should be larger, but I would like your input first. I am also working on a portrait based on this, but it is coming along quite slowly.

As for what the djinn look like, my best guess is tha you are supposed to interpret them in your own way (for example, I see a toad+Pikachu, mutated dog+scorpion, squirrel, and a fish).

Have a nice day.

your sprite defo has the perfect colours.. 100% Its a tad small like you say but its coming along nicely

Salanewt

You like it? Thanks! Also, I have a new version that I think you might like a bit more, and it is also larger now (large enough to fit in a pair of legs, so here it is).

Some changes: More green (slightly), larger body, large leaf on tail, and I managed to fit in a leg. I decided to keep the old eyes though. While I am making this post, I might as well ask a few questions. How does this look? Any room for improvement?

Have a nice day.

MaxiPower

looks great man would love to see it from the front,

btw I know I said colours were perfect, but could you make the green a bit darker like a moss colour

Mastermind

Why different djinn for the same elements?

MaxiPower

Quote from: Mastermind on 04, August, 2010, 12:07:58 PM
Why different djinn for the same elements?

Same elements but different... in a sense...

The way i see it is the same basic elements IE ( Fire, Water, Wind, Earth but on the Golden Sun (Weyard) and The Silver Moon which I dubbed Lucere the source of power comes from different magnitudes of power.. IE

GS = Venus / Mars / Jupiter / Mercury
SM = Uranus / Saturn / Pluto / Neptune

GS = Gaia / Magma / Airs / Aqua Rock
SM = Terra / Flares / Tempest / Hydra Rock

Power is coming in different forms thus I dont want the same Djinn, thats just being lazy, okay like I said before I could do a pallete swap, but I wanna see what I can get first

How this effects the adepts is that:
both have same basic psyngery while others  more unique to them. the gs crowd will gain more new found moves cause of there new strength after the release of alchemy.

Rolina

Ah, but Maxi, aren't you aware?

Eris scared Pluto so bad it's no longer a planet.

She may not seem like much, but trust me - she's one scary little witch.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 05, August, 2010, 04:36:45 AM
Ah, but Maxi, aren't you aware?

Eris scared Pluto so bad it's no longer a planet.

She may not seem like much, but trust me - she's one scary little witch.

i heard, but all that leaves is Earth in the planets which would be ground meaning that uranus would be... wind

wait a sec passing gases from dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Nah Pluto sounds cool and always will have a planet spot in my heart (lol we had a board game years ago revolving planets (oldschool planets ftw

Rolina

Don't forget the power of the moon!  It will punish you! *is shot*

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 05, August, 2010, 10:18:45 AM
Don't forget the power of the moon!  It will punish you! *is shot*

I haven't actually forgotten :)

Earth symbolizes Weyard
Moon  Symbolizes Lucere

Rolina

...I guess you didn't get the reference?

MaxiPower

Rolina

REALLY?  Are you SERIOUS?  You're making me save and upload a pic of the heroine of one of the most corny shows EVER?

In the name of the moon...

She will punish you!

MaxiPower

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Ugh Sailor Moon, that show is LAME.