News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

The Sealing of Sages development site

Started by MaxiPower, 20, August, 2010, 12:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

Okay so few folks at GSR including myself are making a prequel story based on Golden Sun and the ancient past which hopefully will be used in a Non-Rom game hack that we have planned...

We decided to do it on a separate forum to keep off topic discussion non exsistant and are working on a plot that is believable to GS fans that takes place within the lore of GS itself, like events like Hobana and Yegolas, the sealing of the lighthouse, the war etc will all be covered also the Ankohl and Anemos will be a huge part of the plot. I am pretty much in the main driving seat of the story thus far and heres a brief overview of the world as it stands.

Golden Sun: the Seal of Sages

Prologue:

For years alchemy was a little known force that ran through the planet of Weyard, In time its inhabitants through the use of great structures developed by the Ankohl were able to channel this force known as Psyngery and thus being an Adept became more commonly widespread throughout the world...

With this new power combined with the darkness that lives deep within many a mans heart, It was only destined to lead to Chaos when once great nations rose up and turned to Empires waging wars and seeking dominance... Whilst the new power did make living in Weyard easier and gave it new prospects, the other side envoked hatred between men.

However not all men were blinded with power and eventually this new world was doomed to fail as warriors of Weyard fought to bring peace back into the world, prepared for the worst, these men and women were prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice.

This is the story of "The Seal of The Sages"

anyway here is the website and I ask if you wish to contribute then please join us...

http://excoboard.com/TheSealofSages

Salanewt

I am sure that it is only temporary, but I love the sprite that you have used in your banner. I suppose I can join now, and contribute ideas if I have them later.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

Quote from: Salanewt on 20, August, 2010, 12:46:09 PM
I am sure that it is only temporary, but I love the sprite that you have used in your banner. I suppose I can join now, and contribute ideas if I have them later.

Have a nice day.

Sala, if Im in absolute love with your Anemos sprite :) and yes its good to have you there even if like Atrius you wait till its more concrete its fully understandable.

Salanewt

QuoteSala, if Im in absolute love with your Anemos sprite :)
Quoteand yes its good to have you there
Quotemore concrete its fully understandable.

1. Thanks for the compliment! If you want more sprites, I could try to make some (which reminds me, I can probably finish those new djinni sprites for you this next week, since I should be returning to the apartment on Monday (but that is a different topic entirely)).

2. Thanks, it is a nice place too.

3. Exactly.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Once again:

Prologue goes at the beginning
Epilogue goes at the end

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 20, August, 2010, 01:34:15 PM
Once again:

Prologue goes at the beginning
Epilogue goes at the end

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops

!!!

will change ASAP

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Hmm. This idea of yours sounds rather interesting.....

Quotewoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops

LOL

Aile~♥

[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

You do know, though, that since you took this on as a private project, it's no longer usable for the community hack, right?

Just like how I'm not pushing Advent of the Betrayer or Fang of Saturn for the project, I won't allow other people's personal hacks to be THE community hack.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 22, August, 2010, 07:48:10 AM
You do know, though, that since you took this on as a private project, it's no longer usable for the community hack, right?

Just like how I'm not pushing Advent of the Betrayer or Fang of Saturn for the project, I won't allow other people's personal hacks to be THE community hack.

Haha this "community hack" is an utter failure...

people are submitting ideas, some of them may be good yea but they are never in a million years gonna be consistent with each others.. The site was to 100% concentrated on the story... as for the CP... Until someone takes the reins i wash my hands of it.

Mastermind

I would take the reins...but I don't have enough pull here. I'm personally waiting for gsdd to clarify things.

Rolina

Submitting ideas is one thing.  Submitting ideas that also happen to be the personal hack you're working on is something else.

The community hack works by having a bunch of people submit ideas.  Those are gathered and then put to a vote.  Whichever idea wins the vote is the one we do.

It's ALWAYS been like that.  It'll never change, either.  But you cannot expect the CH Staff to accept an idea that someone is working on for their personal hack - it takes the 'community' aspect out of it.