News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

So, do you want a fourth Golden Sun?

Started by test user, 03, November, 2010, 10:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want a fourth Golden Sun?

Heck no! They'll mess it up.
16 (84.2%)
Well, maybe.
3 (15.8%)
Naw...
0 (0%)
Heck no! They'll mess it up.
0 (0%)
Not sure.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

test user

So, what do you think? I think there should be a fourth. I play the games for gameplay, so I'd be sad if there wasn't a fourth.

(this is a test but feel free to respond - Charon the Ferryman)
Signature

MaxiPower

Well having finished the 3rd game, without spoiling

[spoiler]there is gonna be another one 100% [/spoiler]

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Quoteso I'd be sad if there wasn't a fourth.
...and then you'd be sad if there wasn't a fifth? Ofcourse, we could go ahead and make unofficial versions for fourth, fifth, etc. etc. Atleast, until the official ones come out, (when and if they do.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Wolf

Yes; "Golden Sun: Mourning Moon" or "Golden Sun: Sunset" would fit as a title.

Here's a thought:  Golden Sun: Starlight Dusk ; Or Stardusk.

So which console would you perfer the fourth game to be on, if there was one? 3DS? (Not recommend since 3DS ROMs have to be decrypted, and the keys are unknown. Documentation is at 3dbrew.org, so I'm guessing if they had more donators, they may progress more quickly.  Not that I'm requesting anyone to donate or anything.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Wolf

The 3DS would be a viable option since the last game was on the DS.  Personally I'd like to see it on the WiiU with a massive amount of content or on the next handheld that will hopefully push the border more than the 3DS.

Thunder-squall

What I want is the FIRST Golden Sun, the one where you first turn off the light houses because the world is being overcharged, or whatever.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Thunder-squall

Quote from: Teawater on 17, January, 2014, 04:52:12 PM
How do you "turn off" the lighthouses?

I guess we'll find that out in the game.

Misery

Quote from: Thunder-squall on 17, January, 2014, 04:24:13 PM
What I want is the FIRST Golden Sun, the one where you first turn off the light houses because the world is being overcharged, or whatever.
I strongly suspect the lighthouses were actually built as a part of the method they used to seal alchemy. There's no canon source that tells us either way, though... I guess this is why we need a prequel.

Rolina

It depends on who's developing it and what their philosophy on it is.  My faith has been shaken on Camelot - too many Mario Sports seems to have made them rusty or shaken off their RPG talent, and their philosophy with Dark Dawn was to not appeal to their old fans and chase new ones instead.  They'd need to not only do a good job of returning to form, but to also evolve the series.

If the next hero is another freaking squire, I'm out.

Luna_blade

Quote from: Rolina on 05, October, 2014, 12:28:32 PM
It depends on who's developing it and what their philosophy on it is.  My faith has been shaken on Camelot - too many Mario Sports seems to have made them rusty or shaken off their RPG talent, and their philosophy with Dark Dawn was to not appeal to their old fans and chase new ones instead.  They'd need to not only do a good job of returning to form, but to also evolve the series.
Well... have you ever heard of the Shining series? I don't follow it, but I guess it isn't quite as good as it used to be. I still think they have the potential to make a good GS game, or a new RPG that looks like it.
Quote from: Rolina on 05, October, 2014, 12:28:32 PM
If the next hero is another freaking squire, I'm out.
Yeah that would be pretty lame.. :sad:
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Rolina

The Shining Series flat out changed genres when they changed hands.  They went from being Camelot's tactical RPG series to being a more top down Action RPG series.  I found EXA to be great, personally.