News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Eh, what's that, doc, my wrist is fractured?

Started by Atrius, 04, December, 2010, 03:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

... and it only took you a month to diagnose it?

And who could blame them, I mean it was the wind that did it, it's sneaky, like a ninja.  Well, it wasn't so much THAT the wind was blowing, as it is WHAT the wind was blowing, that being a door.  Although as my medical care providers would tell you without doing X-Rays of the affected area until the pain persists a month after the event, a door being slammed on you by the wind is rarely the cause of serious injury. Never mind that the door was made of fairly heavy metal, and the wind was blowing at ~50 mph (~80 kph). Clearly my wrist is at fault for failing to make the basic logical assumption that under most circumstances door + wind does not equal serious injury.

Still though, as an active duty member of the military this presents you with several amusing problems such as explaining to your Leadership that you can't do push ups (let alone carry around the heavy equipment necessary to complete the day to day mission) because your wrist will only allow you, in an exceptionally painful fashion, to fall flat on your face while the clinic is saying that it only has minor bruising at worst.  Oh yes, it has been a fun month indeed.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Oh wow, you had to wait a month for them to use the x-ray? Still though, fractures can be very fun (despite the pain that can last anywhere from three to nine months, depending on the severity).

So good luck on your recovery Atrius!

Have a nice day!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Kain

Good luck on the recovery process.  Sounds very painful.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Zach

Good lord O.O. Hope you have a speedy recovery

Charon

So basically you've been downsized to the equivalent to me in terms of flexibility and maneuverability. Wow. And over a bloody door. I know how bad that can get, there's several times that I've been seriously injured from mundane objects >_> Take the vacuum cleaner pole for example. Not very dangerous, is it? Not until you accidentally fall, which effectively pushes the metal pole through your chin. Ow.

Anyhow, just remember that you can always bludgeon the bad guys with that rock solid cast. I would sign it, but it's somewhat difficult when I live in Michigan and you're in Alaska.

Menaus

Sorry, I hope you get well!

How did you type all that with one hand? O.O
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Atrius (He/Him)

I can still use my fingers on both hands, Menaus.

Metal pole through the chin sounds like fantastic fun, Charon, I do not envy you at all.

Thanks everyone.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Since it has been almost a month since this topic was posted, and a month more since you broke your arm, I would like to ask how your arm is today. So, how is your arm today?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

Itchy, uncomfortable, and smelly, but otherwise fine.

ChrisButton

I feel for you, I really do.
I could imagine how awkward you felt.
Fractures are the worst.