News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Story behind your name

Started by Hoopa, 02, May, 2011, 09:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoopa

So, I was just curious as to why your username is what it is, "your" being a general term. You don't have to tell if you don't want to, or if it reveals personal info, but just a general statement would be nice. After all, a name does describe a person. I'll start, but it's a pretty dull story.

I'm just pretty conceited and like being called a whiz kid (Although I DO try.) and the HV part is just to make it unique.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

Originally, I want through many screen names.  MaryokuUsagi, Enki-chan... Then AQS, a scanlation team I kept up with, was looking for - of all things - mascots.  So I figured why not?  I applied, but at the time was using a cousin's screen name since he'd left the site and I happened to be interested in it.  So I decided to make a new one - and at the time, I was really into roleplaying - thus, Role.  Since then, I actually have come to disapprove of changing screennames willy nilly.  So Role stuck.

The mascot thing?  That just went nowhere, but the whole thing did leave me to make a few friends over there.

Salanewt

Salanewt? Salamander-Newt, amphibians. I also use Salafrog and Salatoad sometimes. I have used The Bird Prince (and variants) before, but I prefer Salanewt for its aesthetics.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

Atreus was a king in a greek tragedy who was tricked into giving up his throne to his brother, eventually recovering it with the help of Zeus & Hermes.  Some time after exiling his brother Atreus discovered his brother had been having an affair with his wife.   He responded by inviting his brother to dinner at the end of which the main course was revealed to consist of his brother's sons.

One day I told stories about how I fought with my brother's sometimes to my theater classmates, and they combined that with my quiet nature ("You've got to watch out for the quiet ones") to come up with this nickname for me.  It just stuck for some reason even though the "e" got replaced with an "i" some point along the way.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Hehe... Well, .. my usernameis based on a restaurant.

One day.. I went to O'Charleys restaurant and got a Mr. Pibb drink... .(I believe we didn't eat anything there with the high prices and all?). well.. when we were at home deciding what to use for usernames for AOL. My father happened to come up with CharleysMrPibb. (I think.) Later on.. I made CharleysDrPepper... I also made CharleysLemonade and CharleysIceCream... PEpsiInThEMiddlE... etc.

I stick with CharleysDrPepper, only now I remove the capitals... Notice how these are 16 characters... I was trying to get the max char limit. Anyway, since then I've been registering with this username. If a place has a char limit of fewer chars I have to use things like charleysdp1, etc.

P.S. It's been a long time since I've had AOL, so please don't think I'm still using that trash..

Edit: Also, I thing I had this for 6+ years... not sure exactly...

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 12:50:15 AM by charleysdrpepper »

EDIT2: CharleysMrPibb was most likely made when I was 10 or 11. (Year 2003) As for CharleysDrPepper, Probably when I was either 11 or 12. (Year 2003 - 2004, but no later than May 8th, 2005, since I registered at Neopets with charleysdrpepper Oct 16, 2004, since I registered at pogo.com with CharleysDrPepper that day.) I remembered playing Canasta Tournaments that required you to be atleast 13, but I played them at age 12.

1/23/2003 = This was the registration date on aol for my accounts... but it's kinda sad they match, since I know they wern't made on the same day. I think they match because of how all the accounts were connected.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Pkmn-Master

This is the name I started with back in 2003 or 4 when I joined pkmn.net.

I was about 9 or 10, so I didn't have much creativity. I thought "pkmn-master" was a suitable name for me.

Yeah, not much story to this one. =P

Sleipnir36

Here's the story about Sleipnirs origin:
"right at the beginning of the gods' settlement, when the gods at established Midgard and built Valhalla" about an unnamed builder who has offered to build a fortification for the gods in three seasons that will keep out invaders in exchange for the goddess Freya, the sun, and the moon. After some debate, the gods agree to this, but place a number of restrictions on the builder, including that he must complete the work within three seasons with the help of no man. The builder makes a single request; that he may have help from his stallion Svaðilfari, and due to Loki's influence, this is allowed. The stallion Svaðilfari performs twice the deeds of strength as the builder, and hauls enormous rocks to the surprise of the gods. The builder, with Svaðilfari, makes fast progress on the wall, and three days before the deadline of summer, the builder was nearly at the entrance to the fortification. The gods convene, and figured out who was responsible, resulting in a unanimous agreement that, along with most trouble, Loki was to blame.

The gods declare that Loki would deserve a horrible death if he could not find a scheme that would cause the builder to forfeit his payment, and threatened to attack him. Loki, afraid, swore oaths that he would devise a scheme to cause the builder to forfeit the payment, whatever it would cost himself. That night, the builder drove out to fetch stone with his stallion Svaðilfari, and out from a wood ran a mare. The mare neighed at Svaðilfari, and "realizing what kind of horse it was," Svaðilfari becomes frantic, neighs, tore apart his tackle, and runs towards the mare. The mare runs to the wood, Svaðilfari follows, and the builder chases after. The two horses run around all night, causing the building work to be held up for the night, and the previous momentum of building work that the builder had been able to maintain was not continued.

When the Æsir realize that the builder is a hrimthurs, they disregard their previous oaths with the builder, and call for Thor. Thor arrives, and kills the builder by smashing the builder's skull into shards with the hammer Mjöllnir. However, Loki had "such dealings" with Svaðilfari that "somewhat later" Loki gave birth to a gray foal with eight legs; the horse Sleipnir, "the best horse among gods and men."

Loki reminds me of my mother and Svadolfari of my father. Of course Lokis (my mothers) settings, storys, children and etc. had an much stronger influence than my fathers ones.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Mega was taken from Megaman, Dark is from the Darkmatter spell in Chronotrigger, and Nero is the main character of Devil May Cry 4.

You know you're obsessed with video games when you take things from games and use 'em as a screen name.

Kain

At first I went by Sephiroth1234567890 because of my cousin.  Then I went by variants of the name, Seph, OWA and one day an old friend suggested I use the name Domni.  I didn't care for it to be honest (I'm not even sure if I spelled it right...) so it wasn't used.  Later on I finally started using Ultimate Weapon as my name.

People had me confused for two things.  Ultimate Weapon from Final Fantasy (namely, VII.) or from the anime She the Ultimate Weapon...much to my annoyance because regardless of it being in my profile that my name wasn't based on either of these things...people kept asking me.

Finally I settled on Ultima-kun for some time...but I kept getting "Oh you're an Ultima fan!" to which I started with "I'VE NEVER PLAYED THE GAME!!!  LEAVE ME ALONE!"

After that I made the name Leon Kudohimi.  I started going by that for some time and then some **** hit the fan which lead me to dropping the name and taking up the name Kain, based on my favorite FF game.  After some time the name started to become famous for some reason so I started using my old name in conjunction with my new one.  KainUltima.  Kain Masters was developed when I went to an RP site (because I absolutely HAD to have a family name in my username for some reason.) and then I got into Disgaea....Overlord Kain became my frequent name.

I still use KainUltima to this day but I swap between the two names whenever I sign onto something.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

zman9000

my name started out as a code name/nickname when I was ten durring a bowling game.
I the computer I put my name as DBZman which stood for Dragon Ball Z Man, because at the time I had just watched DBZ for the first time.
from then on I used it alot because I bowled alot. then when I turned 16 I stoped homeschool and went to a tech school for computer programming.
we had alot of free time durring that class so at times we would play halo. every body used fake names so I used DBZman.

But then my freinds started calling me zman durring halo matches and the name stuck.
then I got a little more into online things and decided to use the same name every where and planned to use zman. But almost every where zman was taken but not being used.
And if I wanted to use the name I would have to use numbers.

Thats when I rembered the over 9000 joke from DBZ.

now any site you go to that you see the name zman9000 or xXzman9000Xx chances are it's me.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

ScottTheAdept

Ah my screen name... An anecdote to be sure.

Scott - from Scott Pilgrim Vs The World: The Video Game. Reason: Beat em ups are good. And the name was as good as any.
TheAdept - Obviously enough from Golden Sun. Reason: ...
I originally had plotted my name to be DarkRockOmega after my favorite BN boss... but not only was that name long, it was tedious, and far too obvious.
Therefore, ScottTheAdept is who I have become.
Here come the holidays. Shopping gets hectic round these times.

Kai Hong

Kai Hong is my Chinese name, given to me by my grandmother on my father's side. It would traditionally be the one on my mother's side, but since my mother's family is white, the former got to choose mine (and my brothers'). We all have the 'Kai' part, so my Chinese 'first name' is Hong.
I didn't pay that much attention to it until I started using the internet, at which point I made it my screen name. Then I started using it as my nickname, since I hate being called by abbreviations of my English name, so now I use it where I can.
So that's the story behoind my name.
WARNING! IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO READ THIS WARNING! NOW YOU WILL DIE...eventually.

Frog

A long long time ago, 3 or so years to be exact I needed to sign up for a forum (I honestly forget which now) so that I could download something.
Not wanting to make a proper account or anything I just used the first thing that came to my head at the time, which happened to be frog...
Turns out I started posting on the forum and the name really stuck so I ran with it!
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Charon

Back in the dark ages, when I thought I was the SUPER MOST KAWAII DESU person ever, I wrote a comic called "Boy from the Moon". There was a character in there, like all my comics, that I was very fond of and thought was the most interesting thing ever. His name was "Charon the Ferryman". Well, whaddaya know. I used the name for 3 years on GSR before coming here, and by that time the name stuck so well people still call me that even though there I'm something different. By the way, the comic is so horrible that I refuse to post any part of it, just because it was so... childish in every way. ew

A few other names I go by:

Pycthedragon - When I was in 7th grade I thought Russian was the absolute coolest thing ever. Pyc comes from РУС (rus) which is an abbriviation for the Russian word for Russian. And plus, dragons are uber cool when you're 13. So yeah. (its embarrassing that I still use the name for a lot of my usernames on more obscure forums)

Corvidae - simply the family of birds including crows, ravens, jays, magpies, treepees ect.

Crazybuizel - back in 2008 I got Pokemon Diamond and Buizel was my favourite Pokemon then (for a short period until Murkrow returned to being the top). And I was going through that whole "Kawaii desu" phase so everything was crazy back then.

Luc the Whiny Wind Boy - Role should get this one. Basically a joke I made about how in SIII Luc never stops whining about everything. And he's a Wind Boy. Just like Ivan. lol

Daigonite - Another name with "kawaii desu" origins (gawd this is embarrasing). Basically Daigo is Steven (Pokemon Champion)'s name in Japanese and -nite is a common ending for minerals. Not DRAGONITE like everyone thinks. ew

leaf

My name comes from an 11 year-old me, back in march 2003. I wanted to join serebii forums, because I was interested in posting on the competitive pokemon boards. Unfortunately, at that age, I didn't have a whole lot of creativity, so my name came from my favorite game at the time (pokemon leafgreen) along with the number of pokemon that existed at that time (386). When I made the name, I had wanted to capture all the pokemon and put them on my LG cart, so in my mind, the name fit. Fast forward a couple years and I'd come to hate the name, but I had gotten to become too well known with it, and it stuck. Since most people seemed to call me leaf for short, anyway, I adopted that as my main screenname, which is what you'll usually see me as on irc (assuming I'm not playing around with names at the time... I think my most common alt name on irc is sadistic_kiwi). I still sign up for forums as leafgreen386, because generally I'm assured that no one else will have that name, while leaf is a lot more likely to be taken by some nobody.

If you're wondering how the alt name sadistic_kiwi came about on irc... the story goes something like this: IIRC, on the brawl+ irc, people were playing around as always, and somehow something with TSON (some dude on the irc) being compared to a kiwi was brought up. Guy (yes, that's his sn) said he would eat tson whole, and tson said that he'd end up killing guy if he did that. Someone else brings up people dying from kiwis, and then I randomly decided to change my name to sadistic_kiwi. Shortly afterward, everyone was changing their SN to something similar. Masochistic_mango was among the first, followed by lonely_pineapple, apathetic_grape, etc. It was the day of "emoticated fruits," and the whole thing was so hilarious I still sometimes use that sn to this day when being silly.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

ThanatosTheDark

Ok so I may be necroposting but don't get mad at me because I really want to tell my short story.

King- when my grandfather was alive, we used to get extremly competitive in pinball on a desktop. Eventually I started creaming him and the name for the hi scores would always be king and eventually he started calling me king as a sign of respect so I went with it.

Zane- I adapted the attitude of Zane Trusdale from Yu-Gi-Oh GX and I needed an appearance for him. I wanted it to have been good at one point then evil now. Once I got SSBB, I saw pit and I thought "an angel, perfect" but it wasn't evil. So I thought what if this angel fell from heaven to hell. And so fallen angel zane was born. Pit's black outfit was the perfect image for zane.

Why I combined the names- As I played as pit, started creaming people the same way that I creamed my grandfather. This is the first time that I have told the story of king. All thhis time I just told people that Angel Zane was the king of the underworld.
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

feraljack1200

I have a dachshund named Jack,and i use 1200 as a separator to help me sign up at forums.
I got feral from wolfquest,but i used my regular screen name,ivan1200. Me likey Ivan!

I like Ivan lots! :Ivan: :Ivan: My favorite character is Ivan!

pez777

Pez - My real name is Ezra and I have several nicknames, Ez, Ezzy, but my favorite one is Pez.

777- my two favorite numbers are 7 and 3, so I put 3 sevens in my name.

looking for new members/ Affiliates

FelixWolf

As in real life, my name is Felix and the person i most admire is Felix from Golden Sun, as i am felix in real life im a shapeshifter(i shapeshift to a wolf) so in basic terms i am Felix(also based on Felix from GS) and i am a Wolf(werewolf,lycan,Shapeshifter...).
Quite simple if you think about it ^^

Rolina

Quote from: FelixWolf on 05, September, 2011, 10:49:29 PM
in real life im a shapeshifter(i shapeshift to a wolf)