Golden Sun Hacking Community
18, August, 2022, 06:48:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The last working version of the classic TLA Editor is Teawater's unofficial "mapeditor" draft.

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the useless things of dark dawn  (Read 32766 times)
Knight of Purgatory
The Infernal King
Venus Clan

Join the Dark Side... FOR COOKIES

Coins: 20

I am: Selling evil cookies

« Reply #20 on: 16, September, 2011, 04:46:25 PM »

Yeah she said her dad found it as a double-edged sword so he probably didn't want Karis to learn it
@Salanewt: However everyone saw what happened to Nyunpa, he could read minds without effort, and so could Sweta's dad... Both paid the price. Mind-Read is actually quite dangerous because it takes quite some skill to not succumb to such an ability. Nyunpa said that he was subdued by her( Ice queen's) will, and Sweta was terribly affected by the emotions when her spirit-sense auto-activated. So being around people with forceful wills and powerflu emotions could rend mind readers mad

MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES
View Profile
Durza
Einzelganger

« Reply #21 on: 16, September, 2011, 05:25:50 PM »

Actually, based on what we've seen of Jupiter healing, that would make Mars the second most powerful healing element (assuming its single-target is proportionately powerful to its multi-target), Jupiter third place, and Venus dead last.

And I've a theory about the Third Eye: It and the other two Eyes (First Eye, probably Mars, and Second Eye, otherwise known as the Insight Glass) were gifts from Jupiter Clan to the other three Clans, in exchange for some service. They each provide whichever one of Jupiter's sight-related powers matches best with the other element: Venus can see the unseen, Mercury can see solutions (a variation of the power of prophecy), and I'm not sure what Mars would do. This also meshes with Karis' absurd theory that their ancestors put the Insight Glass in the temple KNOWING that it would be found by Ayuthay. If her theory is correct, those who put the Insight Glass there had the power of prophecy, meaning they were Jupiter Adepts, or that they had friends who were Jupiter Adepts.

@Frog: Yes, that's what I'd say as well, but the use of the word "inherit" implies that she actually CANNOT learn it. Which is impossible in-canon, as the first GS already states that Mind Read is available to all Jupiter Adepts, as is Reveal and the power of prophecy.

That could work, but I read it as being the person's literal third eye, already having two. I still think it's related to the Cloud Brand though.

And while Reveal was taught to both the Jupiter adepts in TBS and TLA, Hama said it could be learned by adepts on their own, which would imply that Blaze, Sand and Parch could as well. Otherwise, Air's Rock was a bit of a waste, especially since they apparently turn into volcanoes once used.
« Last Edit: 16, September, 2011, 05:29:40 PM by Durza » Logged

It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 3

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #22 on: 20, September, 2011, 01:51:55 AM »

@Frog: Yes, that's what I'd say as well, but the use of the word "inherit" implies that she actually CANNOT learn it. Which is impossible in-canon, as the first GS already states that Mind Read is available to all Jupiter Adepts, as is Reveal and the power of prophecy.
So, if all wind users can read minds, see the unseen and predict the future, why can't Karis?

Actually, it was already implied that not all were.  In fact, even before DD, I said that as an adept, even though I'm a Jovian, I do not have innate Mind Read.  I do have an innate reveal, but not mind read.  This is something perfectly fine - but giving those powers to another element, when they're specifically said to be signatures of Jupiter.

It makes sense for not every adept of an element to share traits of that element - by the same logic you guys used, every single Venusian is a Squire, no questions asked.  Clearly, that's not the case.

View Profile WWW
Aile~♥
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #23 on: 20, September, 2011, 03:33:59 AM »

Correction: That's something YOU said, not something in-canon. Also, they specifically state that Mind Read is AVAILABLE to all Jupiter Adepts. They don't specifically HAVE to learn it, but it's an option. I suppose some people could have it naturally (like Ivan seems to have known it automatically), but there's never a Jupiter Adept that CAN'T learn it.

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #24 on: 20, September, 2011, 05:55:14 AM »

An option, but not something natural.  Not something innate.  That's what I just said.  It falls under the realm of Jupiter - so any can learn it.  However, it makes more sense if not everyone knows it innately.  For some, it could be what they learn at Air's Rock.  Maybe others are taught.

View Profile WWW
Durza
Einzelganger

« Reply #25 on: 20, September, 2011, 12:12:41 PM »

But doesn't Air's Rock say it teaches the power to Reveal the unseen or something like that? I suppose it could change depending on the adept. It always seemed like Jupiter adepts learned Mind Read naturally, like Venus adepts learned Move. Then again, Himi didn't inherit Move, despite both Susa and Kushinada being able to use the technique.

Do children of adepts develop psynergy regardless of whether they are exposed to psynergy stones in their youth?

It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.
View Profile
Aile~♥
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #26 on: 20, September, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »

Air's Rock only teaches reveal, as stated by Maha in Garoh.

Yes, children of Adepts will always have Psynergy.

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #27 on: 20, September, 2011, 08:42:36 PM »

They always have psynergy, but that psynergy manifests itself in different ways between adepts.  For example: Jenna and Garet.  Both are Mars adepts, but the psynergy that's natural to them (base class psynergy) is quite different.

View Profile WWW
Durza
Einzelganger

« Reply #28 on: 20, September, 2011, 09:46:29 PM »

But would either of them have been as powerful living in, say, Kalay, without having ever been exposed to a psynergy stone as Ivan likely was? Would Maha have been more powerful if he'd been closer to Air's Rock as Sheba thought, or did he inherit a power cap from his parents?

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #29 on: 21, September, 2011, 03:36:06 AM »

Please explain what you meant a bit better, I don't quite understand the question.  After all, Ivan was born with the blood of the anemos in his veins, and in a town not only near the anemos sanctum, but not far from the Jupiter Lighthouse as well...

View Profile WWW
Awec
Great Lord of Everything Good And Not Already Owned By Anyone

I'm just awesome!

Coins: 0

« Reply #30 on: 21, September, 2011, 12:50:12 PM »

I don't remember any large psynergy stones in Lemuria, yet they seem to have one of the largest populations of adepts in the GS world.

I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?
View Profile
Durza
Einzelganger

« Reply #31 on: 21, September, 2011, 01:39:05 PM »

Lemuria had Alchemy still unbound, according to Kraden, so they didn't need the stones to give them access to the power of Alchemy, and therefore psynergy.

@Role, I basically meant, would Ivan have been less powerful if he'd been born far away from the lighthouse, or would he be the same strength due to his lineage.

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #32 on: 22, September, 2011, 09:05:05 PM »

That... hasn't been explained well enough, unfortunately.  I wouldn't be able to tell you.

View Profile WWW
Durza
Einzelganger

« Reply #33 on: 22, September, 2011, 09:17:23 PM »

Oh well. Here's something else useless: any mention of Mercury in the Konpa ruins. There's no water based room in there, despite the claim that it honours all four elements.

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #34 on: 22, September, 2011, 09:18:59 PM »

Easy answer is easy:  It's in the path Rief and Nowell took.

View Profile WWW
Durza
Einzelganger

« Reply #35 on: 22, September, 2011, 09:32:11 PM »

I.e: a puddle which could have formed accidentally.

View Profile
ThanatosTheDark
The Greatest Nightmare
Venus Clan

I am now the darkness of Gaea. Fear our wrath.

I am: Craving human flesh

« Reply #36 on: 22, September, 2011, 11:50:02 PM »

If I could find an AR code to jump up there, I could find out what treasure is up there (yest, there is a visible treasure chest near the edge) and where it leads.

I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Global Moderator

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 205

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #37 on: 23, September, 2011, 01:53:54 AM »

Actually, there is a Mercury section in there... Sort of. The room seems to be blocked with too much rubble to be able to enter though.

As for the chest, it could be a decoration like the puddle. Good luck looking into it though.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Durza
Einzelganger

« Reply #38 on: 23, September, 2011, 09:56:20 AM »

I'm pretty sure you can get that chest by using Grip on a few pillars to the left of where you get the Jupiter djinni. There's a psy crystal in it I think.

View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #39 on: 28, October, 2011, 12:01:24 PM »

One more weird thing about dark dawn is that the Luna tower, Apollo lens, alchemy forge and well are all said to be machines built during the "ancient time". How could that get unnoticed in the previous golden sun games or did they just suddenly pop out within the thirdthy years.
View Profile
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Chatbox
01, June, 2022, 07:12:04 AM
Plexa: We're almost there Daddy Poi, ACE in TLA any day now :)
01, September, 2021, 02:55:35 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: At least for warps.
01, September, 2021, 02:55:01 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: To think that events are not done via a tilemap in GS3 is interesting, and they'd just be cubes in the size of a tile (I think)... with given coords.
28, March, 2021, 06:10:33 PM
Salanewt: Tiny announcement down here that a new animation pack is now available for download! The Animation Overhaul is required; see the downloads page for more details.
03, March, 2021, 03:16:30 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: I'm happy ACE is possible and easy in GS1. :D Thank you Tret. Now if we can get GS2 Air's Rock to do ACE, wouldn't that be something.
18, February, 2021, 03:25:26 PM
Salanewt: The one here has everything: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=132
18, February, 2021, 02:03:20 PM
VardenSalad: It looks like Atrius' editor download is broken again. The only thing in the .zip is the background image
13, February, 2021, 03:15:41 PM
MaxiPower: Welcom back Charon. been a long time.
11, February, 2021, 09:40:04 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily GorillasSo how long is this site going to be "This website is still under construction, please excuse the mess." :D
04, February, 2021, 12:56:21 AM
charon the ferryman: LMAO i love 2010 tech
04, February, 2021, 12:56:07 AM
charon the ferryman: release me from my discord prison meme mortals
15, November, 2020, 03:45:26 PM
Salanewt: We're more alive than the board implies; most discussion takes place over on the Discord server.
15, November, 2020, 03:45:06 PM
Salanewt: Haha, heya!
15, November, 2020, 02:07:50 PM
Frog: Nice to see this place is still alive...ish anyway xD
30, October, 2020, 11:10:23 PM
Salanewt: ... Actually, it's almost time for me to post an update on the forum. It's been coming along really nicely overall, and it was only a couple months or so ago that I added some new status effects to the game.
30, October, 2020, 11:08:41 PM
Salanewt: I need to get it done to start making progress on the parts of the AI Overhaul I want to start working on.
30, October, 2020, 11:08:14 PM
Salanewt: It's going well! I wanted to get more of my djinn reform done this week but I've been busy with other things sadly.
30, October, 2020, 09:58:14 PM
KyleRunner: Hi guys! How are you doing?
13, October, 2020, 11:19:21 AM
MaxiPower: first chapter of my golden sun inspired webtoon is now live. be cool if yas could check it out. https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/legacy-of-the-lost-dragoon/the-northern-reaches/viewer?title_no=508487&episode_no=6
31, August, 2020, 08:40:32 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: Being able to convert IPS files to text files to also supporting commenting, and convert back to IPS after changes.... sounds like a fun strategy? 
27, August, 2020, 10:37:30 PM
Salanewt: Hey, thanks! 
25, August, 2020, 12:59:22 AM
Foreclosure: Yo! Looking forward for this AI OVerhaul patch when it's finished :) :) 
19, August, 2020, 07:00:17 PM
Salanewt: That's awesome! I'm pretty good; been working on an AI Overhaul project and have made some nice progress in the past couple weeks; the goal for tonight is to add Deadbeard to GS2 and then I can move onto something new.
19, August, 2020, 01:14:56 PM
Awec: Ye not bad, just checked back in for updates on GS Reloaded really. Although now I'm looking back through some of my old forum posts, which is fun :D how are you?
19, August, 2020, 01:43:07 AM
Salanewt: It sure is! How have you been?
16, August, 2020, 09:40:57 AM
Awec: Yo nice to see this forum is still going
14, August, 2020, 09:06:44 PM
Salanewt: Hey! How goes it?
01, August, 2020, 01:31:53 PM
KyleRunner: Hello, people!
08, July, 2020, 08:57:11 PM
Salanewt: That awkward feeling when almost a quarter of a year goes by without anyone posting a message in this chatbox.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise