News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun: Rebirth II

Started by Rockisftw, 10, October, 2011, 03:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockisftw

<Creds to Misery for the title, lol xD>

Well, commemorating my return back, though I don't do much anyway, I'll make a new patch.. After looking at things a bit closer this time. The last attempt I had was a bit too hurried, and while I've had a bit of free-time I tested this patch up to the very first Mercury Djinni, Fog. However, I forgot to edit the classes which is something I really wanted in this patch, considering
[spoiler]
I now want to incorperate class changes and rebalancing. I think the original classes [Single element classes, so Squire/Guard/Wind Seer/Water Seer/Flame User/Mariner and so on] need a minimal nerf and some tiny tweaks to its psynergy trees. Also, that the classes granted by the Training Whip, Mysterious Card, and Tomigarithon or however its spelled, should equivilize to a double-elemental class not a triple, at least until Djinni start being added.

Without editing: Total%'s
Squire 610%; Knight 670%; Gallant 730%; Lord 790%; Slayer 850%  <-- :VenusSet: :Isaac: :Felix:
Guard 570%; Soldier 630%; Warrior 690%; Champion 750%; Hero 810% <-- :MarsSet::Garet:
Wind Seer 630%; Magician 680%; Mage 740%; Magister 800%; Sorcerer 860% <-- :JupiterSet: :Ivan: :Sheba:
Water Seer 620%; Scribe 670%; Cleric 730%; Paragon 790%; Angel 850% <-- :MercurySet: :Mia:
Flame User 630%; Witch 680%; Hex 740%; Fire Master 800%; Justice 860% <-- :MarsSet: :Jenna:
Mariner 610%; Privateer 670%; Commander 730%; Captain 790%; Admiral 850% <-- :MercurySet: :Piers:

Pierrot 640%; Harlequin 720%; Punchinello 800%; Acrobat 870% <Mysterious Card Classes>
Brute 560%; Ruffian 620%; Savage 680%; Barbarian 740%; Berserker 800%; Chaos Lord 860% <-- :VenusSet: :MarsSet:
Seer 610%; Diviner 670%; Shaman 720%; Druid 830%; Oracle 890% <-- :VenusSet: :MercurySet:/ :VenusSet: :JupiterSet:

That system just didn't sit right with me, so I kind of plan to even out the %s and make the progression system a bit different. Just to be fair to, say, Garet. Lol.
Progression system tends to stay around 60% per class-change so I might even it out at that for Single Elemental classes. Multi Elemental/Special classes might lose one rank.. Like Chaos Lord in the Brute tree, to allocate distribution better. With the loss of that, I might also re-order Djinn requirements.

Plus, Psynergy gains might move differently. I mean, some spells are kind of -not used- anyway, so why not change them out for -possibly used, new- ones?
[/spoiler]

Anyway, I'll get back to work lol O-o.
< V 0.1 >
Bugged, removed for now.

Things I didn't include-
I was messing around with Felix's class. Don't think it makes a difference because patch goes to Mercury Djinni - Fog. The start of the class reworks I guess.
Finally done with all these projects. Assuming I'm not grounded I'll be doing this and the first golden sun. Most of the singular elemental classes are done, with help from Role's patch.
If one is to gain something, they must take it from someone else.
Such is the end effect of the Law of Equivilent Exchange. In the end, each breath you take is one you are taking from another person.
So, how does that make you feel when someone dies of deprivation?

If white people are white due to living in a climate with moderate sun and snow, and black people are black due to the large amounts of melanin in their skin caused by living under the taxing sun, why are asians [slanty eyed and yellow]?
Veryy intresting once I looked this up, it came up with "due to harsh conditions involving strong sunlight, strong winds [therefore, dust being kicked up]. It makes sense if you think about it, but thats the reason? Haha, trolololol.

Rolina

My main request is that you change the name of the hack right now - the Kai makes me think it's a dragon ball Z rehash or something.  Came in here expecting to see something totally different.

Also, is there a specific direction you want to go or a goal you wish to achieve with this hack?  It'll be easier to help you out if we know it.

Rockisftw

Well Kai is kind of like -rebirth or something in Japanese. Or -reborn. Along those lines.
Oh... Well, to underpower relics, and to get rid of the idea that you can speed-run thru a game with little to no grinding. You can TRY it in this, but as far as I can tell you need to grind a bit to even beat the first mimic, let alone the chestbeaters or the mercury djinni. Even [large] groups of enemies could be problematic if you don't train.
Such is the end effect of the Law of Equivilent Exchange. In the end, each breath you take is one you are taking from another person.

If white people are white due to living in a climate with moderate sun and snow, and black people are black due to the large amounts of melanin in their skin caused by living under the taxing sun, why are asians [slanty eyed and yellow]?
Veryy intresting once I looked this up, it came up with "due to harsh conditions involving strong sunlight, strong winds [therefore, dust being kicked up]. It makes sense if you think about it, but thats the reason? Haha, trolololol.

Frog

Kai in japanese actually has a whole load of meanings, but that's not really relevant.
Fact is although it may make sense, DBZ was the first thing I thought of when reading the topic title too, and that's not really the first impression you wanna give!
Only a suggestion though, it IS your hack after all.
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Rolina

Oh, so this is another generic difficulty hack.  In that case my assistance ends here and now.  Have fun I guess, and see if you can find a way to make it stand out, but unless you develop a specific goal you want to achieve with this game, I really can't help you here.

zman9000

QuoteWell Kai is kind of like -rebirth or something in Japanese. Or -reborn. Along those lines.
Oh... Well, to underpower relics, and to get rid of the idea that you can speed-run thru a game with little to no grinding. You can TRY it in this, but as far as I can tell you need to grind a bit to even beat the first mimic, let alone the chestbeaters or the mercury djinni. Even [large] groups of enemies could be problematic if you don't train.

If and thing needs a boost in difficulty its GS1. i've gone through that 100% in a few hours wirh no grinding and beat the final boss at level 18 and leveled up to 19. level 19 was the level i first got to the jupiter light house at. if GS TLA needs a boost then the first game needs a big boost.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rockisftw

Quote from: zman9000 on 12, October, 2011, 05:22:30 PM
QuoteWell Kai is kind of like -rebirth or something in Japanese. Or -reborn. Along those lines.

If and thing needs a boost in difficulty its GS1. i've gone through that 100% in a few hours wirh no grinding and beat the final boss at level 18 and leveled up to 19. level 19 was the level i first got to the jupiter light house at. if GS TLA needs a boost then the first game needs a big boost.

I was planning on doing a Golden Sun patch actually! In which Garet doesn't suck Ivan or Isaac's left nut. I think I posted the %'s each class gets.. And its obvious that Garet is pretty useless. Plus, like with Sol Blade in GS TLA, I think that Gaia Blade is a little too overpowered considering all you do is run in sand for it.

And, thats just the definition I got off the top of my head <referring to the word kai>. I truly do not care what the name of the patch is, but for the life of me, I cannot think of NAMES. At all. If you have suggestions for a title, I'd take them and give you credit for it xD.

Rolina

First, Garet, with one t.  Second... wut?

Third:  Okay, let's look at some stuff...

Dunno if you realize this, but the Gaia Blade is easily the LEAST powerful of the top tier weapons in GS1 - it's an elemental weapon, and causes all attacks to basically do damage in the element that has the least weaknesses in the game - in otherwords, monsters resist the Gaia Blade or often than not.  Let's compare to three other uberweapons, too:

Kikuichimonji: Standard added damage, jupiter element, may pierce 50% defense.  That last part is important - that defense piercing is pretty poweful.  Add on the fact that it's the most common weakness, and it's a great contender for top tier.  For added bonus, you can get multiple copies of this.

Swift Sword:  No added damage, may cause triple damage, jupiter element.  MAY CAUSE TRIPLE DAMAGE.  In otherwords, this is TLA's Sol Blade - and to make matters better for the swift sword, the element is jupiter, the most common weakness in the game.

Wicked Mace:  Standard Added damage, venus element, may inflict venom.  While it seems kinda eh at first, that venom is poweful as hell.  For enemies with a lot of bulk, as well as that Tempest Lizard, inflicting venom on them is essentially a way to almost guarantee victory for you.  It's a powerful ailment, after all.  Mia's best weapon by far, and is most definitely potent in anyone else's hands as well.  Except for Ivan, of course, since he can't use maces.

Gaia Blade:  Standard Added damage, venus element, elemental weapon, boosts earth power and resist by... 20, I think.  Highest attack power, sounds sexy, eh?  Too bad it's got no other redeeming qualities.  An earth-aligned weapon isn't a good thing in Golden Sun - it more often than not lowers the damage output unless you're using it on Lord Isaac, in which case you're likely to break even.  The unleash isn't anything spectacular, either - it's the standard added damage ratio that weapons tend to have (35% of the weapon's attack power, iirc).  You see, this is not an attacking weapon.  I give it to Garet for a very big reason - the Venus RESIST.  It's a defensive weapon for sure, and Garet's the one who could really use the resistance, given that it's his natural weakness.  Compared to the other weapons, this is the most balanced of the first game's uberweapons.

I mean, come on.  You freaking BUY the Swift Sword, and that thing is godly powerful thanks to the multiplier.

Rockisftw

Quote from: Role on 13, October, 2011, 06:45:20 AM
First, Garet, with one t.  Second... wut?

Third:  Okay, let's look at some stuff...

Dunno if you realize this, but the Gaia Blade is easily the LEAST powerful of the top tier weapons in GS1 - it's an elemental weapon, and causes all attacks to basically do damage in the element that has the least weaknesses in the game - in otherwords, monsters resist the Gaia Blade or often than not.  Let's compare to three other uberweapons, too:

Kikuichimonji: Standard added damage, jupiter element, may pierce 50% defense.  That last part is important - that defense piercing is pretty poweful.  Add on the fact that it's the most common weakness, and it's a great contender for top tier.  For added bonus, you can get multiple copies of this.

Swift Sword:  No added damage, may cause triple damage, jupiter element.  MAY CAUSE TRIPLE DAMAGE.  In otherwords, this is TLA's Sol Blade - and to make matters better for the swift sword, the element is jupiter, the most common weakness in the game.

Wicked Mace:  Standard Added damage, venus element, may inflict venom.  While it seems kinda eh at first, that venom is poweful as hell.  For enemies with a lot of bulk, as well as that Tempest Lizard, inflicting venom on them is essentially a way to almost guarantee victory for you.  It's a powerful ailment, after all.  Mia's best weapon by far, and is most definitely potent in anyone else's hands as well.  Except for Ivan, of course, since he can't use maces.

Gaia Blade:  Standard Added damage, venus element, elemental weapon, boosts earth power and resist by... 20, I think.  Highest attack power, sounds sexy, eh?  Too bad it's got no other redeeming qualities.  An earth-aligned weapon isn't a good thing in Golden Sun - it more often than not lowers the damage output unless you're using it on Lord Isaac, in which case you're likely to break even.  The unleash isn't anything spectacular, either - it's the standard added damage ratio that weapons tend to have (35% of the weapon's attack power, iirc).  You see, this is not an attacking weapon.  I give it to Garet for a very big reason - the Venus RESIST.  It's a defensive weapon for sure, and Garet's the one who could really use the resistance, given that it's his natural weakness.  Compared to the other weapons, this is the most balanced of the first game's uberweapons.

I mean, come on.  You freaking BUY the Swift Sword, and that thing is godly powerful thanks to the multiplier.

Ah.. my friend's name is spelled with two t's thats why I always ended up putting two. Sorry if that bothers you O_o.
The one you're going for the most here is the Kikuichimonji, and that... I think you had to farm off something in Venus Lighthouse. And the Swift Sword was somewhat the reason I thought to give vendors some useful things. Uhh, where do you get the mace from again?

Huh, I never tried to use Gaia Blade on Garet. He never really died on me so I didn't think to make him more tank...y.

Knight of Purgatory

Well, it wasn't SO bad in DD... I mean 168 power? And the multiple unleashes thing meant Matthew could give a fair amount of damage to most enemies in all classes except mercury ones.
Why not:
Add :VenusStar: power by 10
Double :VenusStar: resistance
Up power to 145
Up Titan Blade's power to 90 added damage :VenusStar:
Swift Sword could be made :JupiterStar:.
Make Cursed weapons have some upgraded stats, but with more downsides, eg: Demon Mail: defense + 50, :JupiterStar: resist -15, Power +35  :VenusStar: power +10
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Misery

If you want the title of the game to carry the meaning of rebirth, wouldn't it make more sense to name it GS: Rebirth?

Rolina

Quote from: Knight Of Purgatory on 13, October, 2011, 09:18:47 AM
Well, it wasn't SO bad in DD... I mean 168 power? And the multiple unleashes thing meant Matthew could give a fair amount of damage to most enemies in all classes except mercury ones.
Why not:
Add :VenusStar: power by 10
Double :VenusStar: resistance
Up power to 145
Up Titan Blade's power to 90 added damage :VenusStar:
Swift Sword could be made :JupiterStar:.
Make Cursed weapons have some upgraded stats, but with more downsides, eg: Demon Mail: defense + 50, :JupiterStar: resist -15, Power +35  :VenusStar: power +10
I never said it was bad.  I said it was balanced - the others had very powerful effects that brought them close to gamebreaker territory.  Compared to them, the Venus Blade seemed kinda mundane.

Rockisftw

Quote from: Misery on 13, October, 2011, 03:55:55 PM
If you want the title of the game to carry the meaning of rebirth, wouldn't it make more sense to name it GS: Rebirth?

I was gonna put that for when I edit the first golden sun. I just didn't think Golden Sun; The Lost Age Rebirth... sounded right. Lol
Or I could just do a spin-off of the actual name and call it like.. The Vendor Age, or The Age of Rebirth.. Doesn't really fit either. Like I said, I suck when it comes to naming.

Zzz.. okay. Can't think of one lmao.

Rolina

...Gonna be blunt.  Vendor Age sounds like crap.

Misery

I meant instead of Golden Sun: the Lost Age, simply go with Golden Sun: Rebirth. Problem?

Rockisftw

Quote from: Misery on 15, October, 2011, 04:44:24 AM
I meant instead of Golden Sun: the Lost Age, simply go with Golden Sun: Rebirth. Problem?

I'd rather not have two patches with the exact same name O-o.... Because thats, again, what I was planning to have my first golden sun patch be named.

Misery

Oh, I missed that part.
Uhm....
Golden Sun: Rebirth II
Problem solved!

Rolina

So... basically...

The Lost Age Rebirth can't be used, because The Broken Seal Rebirth already uses rebirth?  Wut?

Durza

TBS would be called 'Golden Sun: Rebirth', TLA would be something else. Renewal maybe.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Rolina

Depends on how far they're going with it.

If it's just a slight remix of the original games, make it a subtitle.  So it'd be The Broken Seal Rebirth, not Golden Sun Rebirth.  Replacing the game's name implies a complete rework - if I see something like that, I'll go in expecting a totally new game, then give it bad points for just being another remix of an already existing game.