News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Four Down.

Started by Charon, 29, June, 2009, 09:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

What a busy week it has been for the officials at heaven's door... I decided to wait out the storm until the week was over, and oh my God..

It starts off with the passing of Ed McMahon, which at first, I couldn't recall who he was. But a little recap from the news reminded me, and immediately I felt a little hollow. Ah well, he lived a full life and died old, which is good. His death was looming for months though, so it wasn't too much of a surprise.

Then came Farrah Fawcett. She definately got the least publicity of the four that passed away this week, especially considering who went later that day, but like McMahan, her death was looming, and probably for the better. Not that I had anything against her, but cancer is a horrible thing, and it really does tear apart not only the body but the soul.

The third to go was Michael Jackson. Huge. Huge. HUGE NEWS. I honestly still can't believe it. He just drops like that, and everyone was surprised to see him go as well. The week was busy enough already, but with MJ in the mix, it turned into quite the dour week. However, considering the state of his body, it seemed a little bit more logical to why he would go as well.

The fourth one was quite a sad suprise - Billy Mays. On many infomercials he would remind us all who he was and what he was advertising, but unlike the first three, he was relatively healthy and was still at quite a peak in his career. I can't help but feel sorry for his 2 year old daughter, and I can't help but dread Sullivan being on all of the infomercials. Out of the four, Mays was definitely the one that shocked me the most, although all of their deaths are sad as well.

So... what do you all have to say about it?

Salanewt

Well, first, I say welcome back Charon.

And I know, it has been sad to see them all die, especially Farrah Fawcett. Although I do not recall seeing anything that she was in, I saw some of her posters as well as some clips of some of her shows and movies (I think movies).

Micheal Jackson was getting a bit odd, and somehow, I am not surprised that he was anorexic. Still though, the world might be a sadder place without him (even with so many strange things that he did/was doing).

The other two people I do not really know too much information about, other than that of what I have been told. Anyway, I am sure that they will be missed.

So... I wonder if this week of death will continue (with a few days of breaks) and eventually become a month... Very sad. Well, as long as Goldie Hawn lives a while longer, then I will not be too sad...

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 29 2009, 08:58 AM
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Quote from: Salanewt on 29, June, 2009, 09:57:00 AMMicheal Jackson was getting a bit odd, and somehow, I am not surprised that he was anorexic. Still though, the world might be a sadder place without him (even with so many strange things that he did/was doing).
I don't think anyone was really surprised by his physical condition, but I do remember spewing my coffee on the news.

Yeah, you probably won't know Billy Mays unless you've lived in the United States for a while. He's a pitchman, and pretty much anyone who lives here knows his name and loud cry of "Hey, Billy Mays here!".

McMahon was the guy known for "Heeeeeeeeerrrreee's Johnny!" from the tonight show. Maybe you know him, maybe not.

To be honest, I had no clue who Fawcett was and I found out about her death AFTER Jacksons o.O

Salanewt

Yeah. She was very famous for her posters. There is one in which she is sitting in a shair (I think). I do not know the Tonight Show, and the only shows that I rarely watch now are shows that I have had little time for in the past few months.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Now it's 5 down. Oscar Mayors died today :-(