News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Feedback for the forums?

Started by Rolina, 01, December, 2008, 05:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Well, they're actually the GS1 Jupiter summon icons. Your's would be Atlanta. Mine is Thor [BANNETH HAMMER]

MaxiPower

Quote from: Charon on 10, March, 2009, 05:41:00 PMWell, they're actually the GS1 Jupiter summon icons. Your's would be Atlanta. Mine is Thor [BANNETH HAMMER]
looks again... ahh i see mines clearly not a sword what was i thinking lol

Zach

aww... I'm still a Jupe <.<

Charon

Get up to 50 and you'll be Atlanta. You'll also be able to change your Usertitle, like how Maxipower's says "GHOST" rather than "Magician", like it would if you didn't have a custom usertitle.

Zach

Quote from: Charon on 10, March, 2009, 06:28:00 PMGet up to 50 and you'll be Atlanta. You'll also be able to change your Usertitle, like how Maxipower's says "GHOST" rather than "Magician", like it would if you didn't have a custom usertitle.
okay thanks and good job with the  :JupiterSet:  buttons

Matrim

lol 50 posts will take me a while.

Charon, you said you might like some purple in a layout. To the drawing board!

BTW atrius how did you get rid of the "Invision Power Board" image?

Atrius (He/Him)

Images are set separately from the style sheet, there's a different section for them.

I love the new "Post Reply" "New Topic" "New Poll" buttons, Charon.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Matrim

Charon

Quote from: jdmj90 on 10, March, 2009, 11:02:00 PMlol 50 posts will take me a while.

Charon, you said you might like some purple in a layout. To the drawing board!

BTW atrius how did you get rid of the "Invision Power Board" image?
Naw, as long as you're active you'll reach that number pretty quickly. Besides, we need more activity here anyways.

It'll take me a while to get the new buttons up (read Cbox for full information). But I'm glad you like the ones I added yesterday.

Thanks for the comments!

Matrim

Quote from: Charon on 11, March, 2009, 08:25:00 PMNaw, as long as you're active you'll reach that number pretty quickly. Besides, we need more activity here anyways.

It'll take me a while to get the new buttons up (read Cbox for full information). But I'm glad you like the ones I added yesterday.

Thanks for the comments!
lol i'll be active but the question of how often i'd post is a mystery. I'm one of those member lurkers. I read all the posts but only replay to share my 2 cents occasionally.
Oh well. Back to the origional topic of this thread.

The new buttons are cool. Besides the spacing problem, which looks like it will get fixed soon, Yeah! I love your use of the summoms. They add a nice touch.
ATLANTA!  :JupiterSet:  :JupiterSet:  =)

Charon

I'm currently working on those little buttons now.

:MercurySet:  :MercurySet:  :JupiterSet:  :JupiterSet:  :JupiterSet:
AND NOW I SUMMON ECLIPSE ROAAAR

I'm glad you guys are having fun with those smileys.

Rolina

Oh, WOW, I go inactive for a bit due to job hunting issues, and BAM!  The second I give up and start mooching off of the government for a while I see some NICE sitewise updates.

Though, just a note... Locked topics need an icon thing.  BIND psynergy, anyone?

Charon

Well, when I get to it > >

I'm pretty busy this and next week - end of the quarter. No exams, but still, it's pretty hectic.

Sorry to hear about the job issues, Role. My mother's having the same problem, but luckily my father is still employed. If he loses his job though (which is unfortunately in the auto industry) we may have to move out of the country =O

Stupid Obama doesn't know what the hell he's doing...

Rolina

Yeah... But I was working retail, so it's a hazard of the job.

It doesn't help that I live in a city with a really high layoff rate.  Now there's a ton of really experienced workers desperate enough to work jobs people my age usually get for the same pay... meaning they get the job, and I get shown the door...

Ah, well.  Until the American Palpatine gets kicked out of office, I'll most likely be searching for anything I can get, whilst mooching money off of the gov't.

Anywho, I understand about being busy.  That's why I've not been here for so long!  Though you may not have the same reasons as I do for being busy, we all have our own reasons.  But still, I like the job you've done so far. ^-^

Charon

This topic has been pinned, as I think that having one main topic for forum updates make a hell of a lot more sense than random new topics. Any future topics made by other users will be locked, and they will be sent to the dungeon (not really).

I added a new forum, titled "Forum Games". I looked through the Invasionboard stuff and I can't seem to find any way to disable post count added there, so... enjoy the free boosts.

Basically, the Forum Games section is a section where, instead of intellegent hacking discussions or debating over Obama (or, rather, us complaining about him), we can now play mindless games of posting, which usually only involve reading the above post and making a chain. You guys probably know what they are anyhow, so...

Any comments on this new forum? Also, you can suggest other forums, or child boards as well.

Rolina

First - NONE of the buttons go with this scheme.

Second - It looks horrible.  The banner having the black/white thing is understandable, but the entire forum?  No... just... no.

Third - If going with a jupiter theme, wouldn't it make more sense to have, gee, I dunno, Jupiter colors?  We need a purple scheme, but one that didn't totally clash like the last one...

Fourth - If you're not gonna change it... then why not offer the ability to change the skins based on what's available?  I've seen this done on many forums in the past, so all we'd need is to figure out how, make another one that won't make my eyes cry, and then you'll not have me whining about your poor fashion sense...

Charon

Miyabi is currently working on editing the CSS sheet for the forum. I gave him the purple scheme. I don't like the black at all either, but until he finishes the sheet, we'll have to make due.

(it's a real pain on the user CP, gawd)

And I do have a poor fashion sense. Odd to say considering I'm a designer. I'm not that great on the webworking, so I'll just see if I can whack Miyabi into finding us a good colour scheme. Most of the colours were just fine before, but some of the violets were too saturated. Ah well. Let's wait and see from Miyabi.

*whacks Miyabi into work*

EDIT: Now it's all nice and cute and purple. Yay.

Rolina

It has come to my attention that you're colorblind, Charon.  That's PINK.  I may be fine with it (despite the fact that it doesn't go well with the jupiter theme), but some of those 'macho men' over there may be too insecure with their masculinity to be okay with it...  :P

Shall I suggest this alternative?

html { overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; }

form { display:inline; }
img

Charon

Okay, technically that's a pale magenta, which is a form of purple. You can call it pink, but it's basically the "between" colour of pink and purple.

However, I will test both of these shortly.

Rolina

Technically, Pink IS a form of purple.  Most people claim it's "Light Red"...

But I beg to differ.  Light red is just a light red.

...Though, with this color background, I must admit... it does make it look REALLY pink...  But play around with colors as much as I have, and you'll see that if you want pink, check the purples, not the reds.  Light Reddish Purples make MUCH better pinks.