News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Favorite Lighthouse? Yoshi, Yoshi! =P

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 25, January, 2012, 07:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite lighthouse?

Mercury Lighthouse
2 (20%)
Venus Lighthouse
4 (40%)
Jupiter Lighthouse
1 (10%)
Mars Lighthouse
3 (30%)
Babi Lighthouse
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Just vote for the lighthouse you like best.

This includes the music, the puzzles, the enemies, everything.

It was tempting to add Yoshi Lighthouse, but it is not in the game, so..
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Oh boy, this might be kind of hard.

Mercury: While fairly empty and simple in design, is full of beautiful water! We also have that cool Halo platform effect, which could easily be a useful spell. In my opinion, it loses points for not having a unique theme of its own.

Venus: There were some neat puzzles, and I liked what they did with the coloured statues requiring Mind Read. To be honest though, I kind of forget some of the other puzzles in here... But I do remember all of the sand.

Jupiter: Awesome Hover and Cyclone puzzles - out of all of the lighthouses, this one might have been the most challenging. However, it didn't exactly have a theme exclusive to it either; Akafubu music, anyone? Overall, pretty fun!

Mars: Home of the epic final boss, Teleport, and stuff... It felt like a pretty unique place on its own. That, and it was right on the edge of the entire world. Void lightning!

Babi: It is hard to say whether or not I consider this to be a true lighthouse or not. Still, it was okay on its own I guess.

Yeah... I will have to get back to you on this one.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Kide

Music: Venus.

Puzzles: Jupiter.

Enemies: Hm.. hard to say. Other than Mercury Lighthouse enemies, things were dying so fast it's hard to think of anything else, even considering these were stronger. Plus, lone Saturos is probably harder than any other Lighthouse boss fight. So yeah, Mercury.

The Lighthouse itself (as, its overworld sprite): Mars.

So you see, I guess it's hard to me to pick a vote right now. Maybe some other time. Since the thing that remarks me most on games is usually the music, I'd probably vote for Venus Lighthouse in the end.

I think it would be something like Venus > Mars > Jupiter > Mercury. (I am a disgrace as a Mercurian ._.)

Aile~♥

Favourite Lighthouse? Either Jupiter Lighthouse (second best boss fight, best map/environment, best puzzles), Mars Lighthouse (Best boss fight, decent environment, and has that cool fireball-dodging section) or Luna Tower (Belinsk Ruins have the best music, has that awesome puzzle section where you have to ride the planets, then align them and start Sol's rotation).
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Kide

QuoteLuna Tower (Belinsk Ruins have the best music, has that awesome puzzle section where you have to ride the planets, then align them and start the world's rotation).
... For some reason I had totally forgotten about this. Except for the music, of course.

zman9000

I picked Venus because the music in it I will never forget. and even though its smaller then Jupiter and Mars, it had some good puzzles and didn't make you run around for an hour trying to find where to go during your first run through it.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Durza

Jupiter, because it gave me the opportunity to punish Agatio and Karst for being so crazy.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

zman9000

you mean beat up the good guys so you can be better good guys... huh...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Shame, no one likes Mercury.

:Mia: Well, well, everyone. I have a something special coming for those who don't choose Mercury.

:Garet: It's not a box of chocolates, is it?

:Jenna: Of all things. Does it look like Mia would hand out boxes of chocolates?

:Garet: No?

:Mia: Tee hee.

:Garet: She does scare me a bit, though, but what harm could a Water Adept, do, anyway?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

zman9000

I'll tell you the worst they could do. they could move the planet Neptune (a planet made out of liquids) and crash it into us.

the worst a fire adapt could do involves the sun and you know the rest.

earth well, the earth split into of all solid matter would collide and make a black hole.

wind um... um... lightning and stuff...

Aile~♥

Earth Adepts could cause the planet to fracture into a million pieces. Jupiter Adepts could remove all oxygen from the atmosphere.

But screw Adepts, Victini is the strongest. Searing Shot!
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

I can't really choose, but I know that I can safely say what my least favourite tower/lighthouse is - the Luna Tower from Dark Dawn. While the idea of being able to go to another lighthouse seems like a good idea, I felt that they were trying too hard to make it fit instead of actually doing so effectively.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Durza

Quote from: zman9000 on 26, January, 2012, 12:41:29 PM
you mean beat up the good guys so you can be better good guys... huh...
They were technical good guys at best. And let's not forget who tried to kill who first.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

zman9000

Details. but then again, what does that make the hero of the story Isaac? Now I don't think their evil, they just come across as it because of their hard life and loss of friends.
Sure they did attack Isaac and Garet, but just to let them forget. they wanted to save the world from the shadows. they were ready to take on the world for the possibility to save it or destroy it. you can't exactly blame them.
If any one is evil in the story its Alex, at lease we will know when the next game comes out.

@salanwet: Exactly they tried way to hard to make GS3 like GS1. And something tells me GS4 will be a lot like GS2. But I won't get into that here.

@Jamie: well how I see it is
earth = Solid
water = Liquid
wind = Gas
fire = Plasma

4 states of matter. :O
And I was thinking for wind: convert all matter/energy of a planet into electricity and shoot it through the earth. SOME ONE NEEDS TO MAKE A MOVE ABOUT THIS!

Rolina

Z, the most iconic jupiter psys are Lightning-based in nature, which is a plasma.  While I see where you're coming from, and that does make logical sense, it doesn't quite work in the GS lore, due to the elements having multiple forms.

zman9000

well yes but why does Venus have mud which it earth + water
the beam line is surely plasma type attack
Volcano is fire + earth
fog or mist is water + wind

who says there aren't dual elemental stuff already in the game, but its labeled as so because its more inline with one then the other

besides, to make lightning you need: heat, moisture and wind to cause friction. lightning/plasma sounds tri-elemental to me.
also volcano's can make lightning and it doesn't need wind to do so.

Rolina

Mercury:  Music felt generic, and in fact was reused.  It did serve well as a preview of things to come, though.  Saturos Fight was also quite memorable.
Venus:  Most memorable music, and some of the more memorable puzzles.  The boss at the end was also one of the most memorable fights.
Jupiter:  Puzzles were great, and the way the boss fight was handled was excellent, the most memorable in my opinion.  The music, though... eh...
Mars:  Much like venus, but it didn't quite feel like the epic lead up that venus did for some reason.  Good music, good puzzles, good battles... but the feeling just wasn't quite as good as venus.
Eclipse:  Mentioned in DD was that this was very similar to the Elemental Lighthouses.  I must disagree with the game, though.  Like most things in DD, it wasn't very memorable.  Better than Mercury's music, but everyone else it's bottom tier.  That boss fight was a freaking let down, man.

Despite leading Jupiter, I'm gonna say Venus was my favorite Lighthouse, followed by Mars, Jupiter, Mercury, and Eclipse.  Babi is but an extension of Venus, and doesn't count.

@Zed:  Please don't start this.  I just woke up, I'm not in the mood.  Accept mud as part of the Ground aspect of venus, beam is heat, fire itself is plasma, so it only makes sense as pure mars.  Just classify volcano as a blast aspect spell of mars.  Fog and mist are just Water in a gaseous state, so let's just call them mercury.  Lightning is THE iconic jupiter spell, despite the primary aspect being wind, so let's just not go there, okay?  Uses these as ways of saying "close enough", and just don't start with the mixing and matching.