Golden Sun Hacking Community
April 20, 2018, 12:27:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is your favorite lighthouse?
Mercury Lighthouse - 2 (20%)
Venus Lighthouse - 4 (40%)
Jupiter Lighthouse - 1 (10%)
Mars Lighthouse - 3 (30%)
Babi Lighthouse - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Lighthouse? Yoshi, Yoshi! =P  (Read 5224 times)
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« on: January 26, 2012, 12:10:45 AM »

Just vote for the lighthouse you like best.

This includes the music, the puzzles, the enemies, everything.

It was tempting to add Yoshi Lighthouse, but it is not in the game, so..
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:53:27 AM by Teawater » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 12:42:35 AM »

Oh boy, this might be kind of hard.

Mercury: While fairly empty and simple in design, is full of beautiful water! We also have that cool Halo platform effect, which could easily be a useful spell. In my opinion, it loses points for not having a unique theme of its own.

Venus: There were some neat puzzles, and I liked what they did with the coloured statues requiring Mind Read. To be honest though, I kind of forget some of the other puzzles in here... But I do remember all of the sand.

Jupiter: Awesome Hover and Cyclone puzzles - out of all of the lighthouses, this one might have been the most challenging. However, it didn't exactly have a theme exclusive to it either; Akafubu music, anyone? Overall, pretty fun!

Mars: Home of the epic final boss, Teleport, and stuff... It felt like a pretty unique place on its own. That, and it was right on the edge of the entire world. Void lightning!

Babi: It is hard to say whether or not I consider this to be a true lighthouse or not. Still, it was okay on its own I guess.

Yeah... I will have to get back to you on this one.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:46:23 AM by Salanewt » Logged

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Kide
Mercury Clan

Coins: 0

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 12:43:47 AM »

Music: Venus.

Puzzles: Jupiter.

Enemies: Hm.. hard to say. Other than Mercury Lighthouse enemies, things were dying so fast it's hard to think of anything else, even considering these were stronger. Plus, lone Saturos is probably harder than any other Lighthouse boss fight. So yeah, Mercury.

The Lighthouse itself (as, its overworld sprite): Mars.

So you see, I guess it's hard to me to pick a vote right now. Maybe some other time. Since the thing that remarks me most on games is usually the music, I'd probably vote for Venus Lighthouse in the end.

I think it would be something like Venus > Mars > Jupiter > Mercury. (I am a disgrace as a Mercurian ._.)
View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 12:56:20 AM »

Favourite Lighthouse? Either Jupiter Lighthouse (second best boss fight, best map/environment, best puzzles), Mars Lighthouse (Best boss fight, decent environment, and has that cool fireball-dodging section) or Luna Tower (Belinsk Ruins have the best music, has that awesome puzzle section where you have to ride the planets, then align them and start Sol's rotation).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:12:36 AM by JamietheFlameUser » Logged

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Kide
Mercury Clan

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 01:04:14 AM »

Luna Tower (Belinsk Ruins have the best music, has that awesome puzzle section where you have to ride the planets, then align them and start the world's rotation).
... For some reason I had totally forgotten about this. Except for the music, of course.
View Profile
zman9000
Golden sun fan/Map Builder
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

I am: A guy who just really likes golden sun

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 12:56:39 PM »

I picked Venus because the music in it I will never forget. and even though its smaller then Jupiter and Mars, it had some good puzzles and didn't make you run around for an hour trying to find where to go during your first run through it.

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
Durza
Einzelganger

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 04:59:00 PM »

Jupiter, because it gave me the opportunity to punish Agatio and Karst for being so crazy.

It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.
View Profile
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 05:41:29 PM »

you mean beat up the good guys so you can be better good guys... huh...

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 07:33:28 PM »

Shame, no one likes Mercury.

Mia Well, well, everyone. I have a something special coming for those who don't choose Mercury.

Garet It's not a box of chocolates, is it?

Jenna Of all things. Does it look like Mia would hand out boxes of chocolates?

Garet No?

Mia Tee hee.

Garet She does scare me a bit, though, but what harm could a Water Adept, do, anyway?

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 07:39:11 PM »

I'll tell you the worst they could do. they could move the planet Neptune (a planet made out of liquids) and crash it into us.

the worst a fire adapt could do involves the sun and you know the rest.

earth well, the earth split into of all solid matter would collide and make a black hole.

wind um... um... lightning and stuff...

View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 07:46:16 PM »

Earth Adepts could cause the planet to fracture into a million pieces. Jupiter Adepts could remove all oxygen from the atmosphere.

But screw Adepts, Victini is the strongest. Searing Shot!

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 08:25:07 PM »

I can't really choose, but I know that I can safely say what my least favourite tower/lighthouse is - the Luna Tower from Dark Dawn. While the idea of being able to go to another lighthouse seems like a good idea, I felt that they were trying too hard to make it fit instead of actually doing so effectively.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Durza
Einzelganger

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 08:34:55 PM »

you mean beat up the good guys so you can be better good guys... huh...
They were technical good guys at best. And let's not forget who tried to kill who first.

It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.
View Profile
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 09:00:11 PM »

Details. but then again, what does that make the hero of the story Isaac? Now I don't think their evil, they just come across as it because of their hard life and loss of friends.
Sure they did attack Isaac and Garet, but just to let them forget. they wanted to save the world from the shadows. they were ready to take on the world for the possibility to save it or destroy it. you can't exactly blame them.
If any one is evil in the story its Alex, at lease we will know when the next game comes out.

@salanwet: Exactly they tried way to hard to make GS3 like GS1. And something tells me GS4 will be a lot like GS2. But I won't get into that here.

@Jamie: well how I see it is
earth = Solid
water = Liquid
wind = Gas
fire = Plasma

4 states of matter. :O
And I was thinking for wind: convert all matter/energy of a planet into electricity and shoot it through the earth. SOME ONE NEEDS TO MAKE A MOVE ABOUT THIS!

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 01:17:43 PM »

Z, the most iconic jupiter psys are Lightning-based in nature, which is a plasma.  While I see where you're coming from, and that does make logical sense, it doesn't quite work in the GS lore, due to the elements having multiple forms.

View Profile WWW
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 11:29:46 PM
Atrius: @Fox, I tried, but for some reason Mario Golf won't boot, and Mario Tennis crashes when you patch out the text compression, and I'm not sure why...  The normal text loading functions in them are basically the same as the ones in the Golden Sun games.
April 16, 2018, 07:44:36 AM
Drake baku: So it took about halve a hour of letting my lap stay off for it to suddenly work again
April 16, 2018, 07:31:28 AM
Drake baku: All of a sudden fox his editor gets errors. When trying to start it, thing worked fine yesterday...
April 14, 2018, 01:04:37 PM
Fox: @Mario Golf/text editing = Nope... And it may be awhile yet. I think I looked into it before... (at least for GS1)... but usually is the case when I come across a particular problem, that it can delay a solution for an extremely long time.
April 12, 2018, 04:27:14 PM
KyleRunner: Gee... never used discord...
April 12, 2018, 06:03:23 AM
Drake baku: I take it back, found it
April 12, 2018, 06:02:01 AM
Drake baku: But there is no discord link to be found
April 12, 2018, 06:01:44 AM
Drake baku: Everyone is on discord
April 11, 2018, 09:44:06 PM
KyleRunner: Fox, what about that tool for editing text in Mario Golf? Didi you finish it? If not, can you make a version of gstoolkit compatible with it?
April 11, 2018, 07:41:25 AM
Drake baku: Mauw
March 30, 2018, 07:26:11 PM
Salanewt: Hi!
March 29, 2018, 07:37:45 PM
ThanatosTheDark: YYEEEOOOOOO
March 12, 2018, 02:21:06 AM
Fox: say*
March 12, 2018, 02:20:53 AM
Fox: I saw we need an event this April Fools/Easter... because two holidays are in one, why would we not want to miss having something special? (Unfortunately, there's no one here to make an event be successful.)
March 12, 2018, 02:18:17 AM
Fox: And since that's the case...  I have thought of another fun experiment idea. - What if we had an auction on who should run this site, and waited for 10 people to bid and also for a bare minimum of 24 hours. Who would bid the highest, and how much would that bid be? - The idea is more for lulz (Maybe for April Fools?), and a theory to get an idea of how much the site might be worth as well.
March 11, 2018, 03:02:31 AM
Fox: Creepy, isn't it?
March 10, 2018, 02:19:04 AM
Fox: It's frog legs now.. It's something that's dead, but somehow still manages to wiggle.
March 09, 2018, 04:12:17 AM
JamietheFlameUser: I think this place is still dead.
March 02, 2018, 09:43:18 AM
Pkmn-Master: Lol I haven't been here in like 6 years. How is everyone?
February 26, 2018, 06:15:34 AM
Salanewt: Heads up: I finally finished the Wisp animation hack, and it has been posted in the downloads section.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise