News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun: TLA forth wall

Started by zman9000, 13, February, 2012, 09:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

I had an idea of a hack but I'm not sure how to go about it, or if I'd even have time to do it for a while.

the basic idea is take Golden Sun 2, and remove the forth wall. add in some comedy like, things and quarks in the game we all know and love/hate, and have the characters respond to that.

In almost every scene, there will be some thing that talks about the plot or something. because we all know there's little things we can poke at.

one of my thoughts were something like this, (in the first GS)

Garet: So let me get this straight. You can fly and teleport, and yet you are leaving the most important job for you to complete your goals, to two teens who may not survive long enough to give you the gem? Also add in that the Gem may have the power to destroy the world by its self if miss-used. Did you even think this plan out?

Alex: Totally, now go get me that star!
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Kioll

If that's what you want to do, watch GS Abridged and try not to use the same jokes.
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

zman9000

sure sure. shall i add random refrences that no one will get and photoshop in a japanese icon? no...

This isn't going to be like the GS abridged.
besides this is for golden sun the lost age, of which the Abridged version has yet to go into...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Misery

I request that Isaac talks a lot and comments on everything in a fourth-wall-breaking manner.
Actually, I expect you to rewrite all the player characters' personalities to different ones, each having their own thoughts and opinions of the typical JRPG setting they live in.

zman9000

well Misery...
QuoteI had an idea of a hack but I'm not sure how to go about it, or if I'd even have time to do it for a while.

FUKEN DENIED!

i'm not writing the whole game to make isaac talk more. the only thing that would need to be done in code is to change the size of text bubbles, which i don't know how to do.

what is needed now is ideas of how to change scenes. starting with jenna and kraden at the venus light house.
if you think of something for that conversation with kraden and alex, post it.
this is ALOT of work, if someone to work on this by them self, they would have to put more time into this then role put into the DC hack... before she quit + what salanewt added. this is no small project. I posted this as an idea, if some wants to take this hack up they can do it.

I have another hack I'm working on, college, some youtube stuff along with an MLG team I help. and the other projects I've started on the forum.
I'm full up, I'll try to work on this at a later time, but right now we need a hundred thousand words thought up to replace ALL the in game text for npc's and characters...

Misery

Hmm, nevermind that, I thought this was for GS1 for some reason...
But still, you should change their personalities a bit. It's just rewriting dialogue, it shouldn't be that much work right?

Aile~♥

It's quite difficult to find all the dialogue, and for another thing it is presently impossible to change who is talking in each dialogue box.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Misery

Feh, that's what I get for not trying it myself I guess. Just write down a new script then, as it should be possible to do advanced text editing later on.

zman9000

I know jamie... this isn't going to even be close to being finished this year. and maby not even next,
but i'm saying go into the game, look at the scene, and think how you could best fit this hack idea into it.

Also I'm not all talk, I plan of finishing at least the start of the game within a few weeks. I'll first take note of who speaks when and how after. after that its easy. sorta.

Aile~♥

You can actually easily add a second dialogue box just by using a certain line-break command, though I don't remember which.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

zman9000

well that's good then... now all we need is a script... I've tried to do a hack like this before... after about 20 hours, i lost all the work because my computer fried as well as my back up hard drive, during a storm. and the story was pretty bad... if i wee to do this, i'd need some help. Now that I'm done my first hack, I'm more willing to really start working on this one... but i could use some help on the script.