News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Umbra djinni Ideas

Started by mecurylighthouse, 07, December, 2012, 06:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mecurylighthouse

so we  due too that diaster of a game GSDD we know there are now dark adepts and psynergy deos that mean there are Umbra djinn as the topic might sujest so i made this to put my idea of what it should look like and anyone else is free to upload they're own  :happy:

by the way it was supposed to be purple im not good with colored pencil just regular
:Isaac: WHY!!!!!!...
                               :Felix: ...ummmm because

zman9000

Not necessarily but kinda possible.

I've been thinking about this, but... the golden sun is a stone that radiates infinite magical energy(a.k.a psynergy)
the black holes in GSDD devour all psynergy into like a void.

And how do you think they sealed the golden sun in the first place? how did they seal infinite energy?
and why do these black holes keep appearing. Could the black holes be some sort of anti psynergy, created to seal the worlds psynergy?
The dark adapts may have been the people who helped seal the golden sun.
and it could be there's a golden moon or thing that's an anti golden sun. and if that is the case there could also be dark/anti earth, water, fire, and wind djinn.

Or there might not be and everything I said was just Bull Sh*t and this topic is totally piontless... but I don't know, I'd rather wait for the game then make pointless accusations about something we have no control over and can't possible find the answer to since the next game's story isn't even written yet. :O
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Durza

It is possible that anti-djinn could exist (could be the fate of the ones that get sucked into psynergy vortexes), but if I'm reading this right, you're asking if there could be djinn dedicated purely to the fundamental of darkness, which seems unlikely to me. Some djinn seem to embody the Umbra aspect of an element (i.e. Chasm, Shade, Fury), but it doesn't make sense to me that there would be djinn embodying just darkness.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Kioll

So I just noticed this topic.  And while it seems dead now, I kinda hafta say my piece.  First off, I don't think it's impossible or senseless for there to be Umbra Djinn.  However, it does seem unlikely.  That said, it is very clear to me that the 4 elements each ally with dark or light.  Take Sol Sanctum.  Dedicated to Sol, the sun, it depicts its symbiotic relationship with Luna, the moon.  ALL of the adepts in Vale, at the base of Sol Sanctum, are Mars and Venus aligned.  This fits with many depictions of the 4 elements.  Fire and Earth fall under the domain of Light and the Sun, while Water and Wind fall under the domain of Dark and the Moon.  It is therefore plausible that either "Dark Adepts" are really just powerful Mercury or Jupiter adepts, or that they have their own separate element.  In the case of the latter, then yes, there would be Umbra Djinn.  In the case of the former, no.
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Legend

Actually, consider ider Venus for a moment. There are some "dark" psynergies, such as Condemn, which are Venus aligned. If you look for those psynergies, they do seem to be there.
Also consider that this game is based off of

Sol is hot, which Luna seems to be cold.
When you think of Sol and Luna, you think of light and dark. Light is usually warm. Dark is usually cold.
Note that Mars and Jupiter  are on the "hot" side. Venus and Mercury are on the "cold" side.

Rolina

Actually, in-game it's stated that Venus and Mars are the warm elements, while Mercury and Jupiter are the cool elements.  The symbiotic reaction between both of the "cool" lighthouses being active is what froze the way to the northern reaches, after all.

Legend

What is it with me and not being able to upload pictures...?

But it was stated in game? When?

Rolina

?  In the Lost Age.  After you lit the Jupiter Lighthouse, iirc, they had a discussion about it.

Venus and Mars are the warm elements, that's why they're symbiotic to one another.
Jupiter and Mercury are the cool elements, that's why they're symbiotic to each other as well.

Durza

You only got to see that conversation if you went back to Hama's house in Contingo again after you reunited the two parties, so it was easy enough to miss.

In any case, Sol and Luna could be light and darkness rather than hot and cold, which would mean that Venus and Mercury are the Luna elements. Either way, it's interesting to note that the Umbra elemets have more healing psynergy than the Sol ones in both cases.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Kioll

I was pointing out that Venus and Mars are the protectors of Sol Sanctum, and therefore related to Sol.  I expect there to be a Luna Sanctum somewhere, as well, protected by Mercury and Jupiter.  That said, the two pairs are symbiotic pairs, yes.  Either way, I don't think it matters if Sol and Luna are warm/cold or light/dark.  Either way it comes out the same.  Venus and Mercury does not darkness make.  Mercury and Jupiter are the elements associated with the moon (water and wind, respectively), and whatever the moon is associated with, for good or bad, they are as well.  Same for Venus and Mars with Sol.
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Aile~♥

Actually, the list of moon-related elements also includes Venus, thanks to such moves as Vital Moon and Zenith Strike.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

And Dark related as well - Haunt, Condemn, Curse, Haures, and Charon are all Venus based, and have strong darkness themes.

In fact, I think we had this discussion already, about how all four elements have links to light and darkness in some way.

Kioll

Once again, my point has been completely missed.  Every element fits into the puzzle.  That wasn't the point.

Rolina

No, we're just pointing out evidence that interferes with your theory.  Another thing?  The Luna Shield only resists Venus, further emphasizing Luna's ties with Venus.

@Durza:  I missed this, but... that's an easy counter.  Light is warm, Darkness is cold.  Therefore, if you're going by that theory, Sol would be symbiotic to Venus and Mars, and Luna to Mercury and Jupiter.  Kioll was very right to associate them in that manner.  The problem here is that the game itself provides a ton of evidence to say that Sol and Luna (Light and Dark, Umbra and Photon, Order and Chaos, whatever your synonyms may be) are actually spread across all the elements.  And as we've stated before, Darkness and Lunar themed objects/abilities seems to very much be assigned to Venus.

Kioll

Honestly, Everything but the Luna Shield are rather inapplicable to the situation, as darkness "themes" are not necessarily dark elemental.  And again, it was beside the point.  Yes, every element shares a symbiotic relationship with both the sun and the moon.  However, fire and earth are more associate with the sun than they are with the moon.  I'm not saying Venus and Mars are unrelated to Luna, they're just less so.

Aile~♥

Sorry, but as Rolina pointed out that there are just as many lunar-themed techniques for Venus as there are for Jupiter, and there's more for either of those elements than there are for Mercury. If anything, Venus and Jupiter are more aligned with Luna, while Mars and Mercury are more aligned with Sol. Take Iris and Charon, for instance. Iris — representing Light and Sol — is Mars and Mercury, while Charon — representing Dark and is the antithesis to Iris — is Venus and Jupiter. Sol represents extremes, while Luna represents emptiness, or the centre.

Knight of Purgatory

MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Aile~♥

Perhaps Iris would've been a better username for her, then? Judging by her personality, I mean.

mecurylighthouse

Wow this got off topic
btw i see Kioll's point where every element has a dark side
think of it this way
Venus has condem and curse but also revive and cure those would be sol related as they deal with healing
Mars has impair and offense based psynergy which inficts pain and weakens others but also has aura(warmth) and impact (empowering party members)
Jupiter has Ward and Wind psynergy which deal with protection and calm and lightning psynergy which deal s with instability
Mercrury has ice which is cold (like in the dark dawn grave eclipse) but has ply and wish
I see it as each element is some combination of Sol and luna psynegy
:Isaac: WHY!!!!!!...
                               :Felix: ...ummmm because

Rolina

Impact is Jupiter, but yes, that's basically the point - every element has both Sol/Photic/Light and Luna/Umbra/Dark aspects to them.  There's a duality to pretty much every single one of them, and a very solid argument can be made for the strongest of the Light/Dark themed abilities (ex:  Haures, Crystallux, Charon, and Iris) to be non-elemental instead of elemental due to their strong fundamental thematics.