News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Total newb says hello~

Started by Silverpine, 22, January, 2013, 03:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverpine

Hello! I was curious about this place, so I decided to register and hang around.

In terms of hacking experience... I have none. But I like people. And I love playing the game. Maybe I can be of some use in that way, haha. Anyway, I hope to get to know you all.

Rolina

Eh, hacking is like sprite art.  You may not think you're good at it, but you're really better than you realize, so long as you have the right tools for the job.  Just give it a shot - you might come to enjoy it.

Knight of Purgatory

A new member! That's nice to see. So, where'd you find out about this site from?
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Silverpine

@Rolina: Hehe. That's true. Spriting is kinda fun... when I get my lazy butt up and moving.

@Knight of Purgatory: I found this place out from the affiliates section on ToK.

Anyway, nice to meet you both. Thank you for the nice welcome. :)

Knight of Purgatory

Quote from: Silverpine on 22, January, 2013, 03:57:29 AM
@Rolina: Hehe. That's true. Spriting is kinda fun... when I get my lazy butt up and moving.
I totally know that feel.
Anyway , tok you say? That takes me back to when I first joined. Good times...

Silverpine

They're a nice group of people. Then again, most forums I've been on have been friendly overall.

Anyway, maybe I should focus more on my spriting. I kinda flail at it right now, and I'm still getting used to Paint.NET and its various fun toys. But I like doing art, and most sprites are small enough to where I don't go all Miss Perfect on it.

Knight of Purgatory

Err I forgot to mention one thing. never drink the teawater.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Quote from: Knight of Purgatory on 22, January, 2013, 07:37:33 AM
Err I forgot to mention one thing. never drink the teawater.
I haven't even offered it yet. Meh.  :sad:

Hello there and welcome to Golden Sun Hacking Community!   Uh, yeah, ignore this crazy person above me.  Okay, thanks!
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Kain

Hello and welcome to the site.  I'm Kain the Overlord of Comedy.  A pleasure to make your laughter.  I also happen to be a GM so I must say I hope you've read the rules and enjoy your stay here.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Aile~♥

Yay, a new member! We don't get those often enough. And they tend to run away as soon as they show up. Maybe I'm scaring them off?

Anywho, welcome to the forums!

And yeah, like Rolina said, hacking is super easy if you have the right tools.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Kioll

Awesome!  Hi, for those who care, you can call me Kioll, Kota, amongst other things.  Spriting's your thing, huh?  Well, if that's the case, I've been needing some decent pixel art help (check the GS BYOND thread for information as to why).  I can help you figure out Paint.NET, too, it's my preferred graphics program.  If you want some help with anything, shoot me a PM.  Otherwise, welcome to the forum.
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Silverpine

Oh boy, a lot of people to reply to! Sorry for logging in later than I thought I would - I had other business to take care of.

Anyway...

@Purgatory: Teawater... Eh, I just drink water.

@Tea: No worries! It wouldn't really apply to me anyway~

@Kain: Is my laughter organic, or is it treated with chemicals? Anyway, I read the rules. Most of it is common sense things for me, haha.

@Jamie: I dunno. I don't know you well enough yet. Some people just don't stay after they register, you know. That's their thing. xD But who knows! I'm courageous enough to take on anyone~

@Kioll: I care! I'd probably go with Kioll, or KO. That sounds cool. I'll take a look at that thread after this, and see if I can contribute something.

Jiten

Welcome fresh meat, enjoy your stay on the lovely....place.

RagnarokEmissary

Hi there~!....... and I'm done, because everyone else already took the good lines........ Now I'm sad TT-TT...

Misery

And I guess in my case, no introduction is necessary...
Anyway...
Hope you find something to do around here!~

Robert Joe

Even though I am somewhat late, hello and welcome to the forums!