News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Archer Says Hi

Started by ElectricArcher, 26, January, 2013, 07:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricArcher

Hey everyone! I discovered the Golden Sun Editor a few months ago, and almost immediately decided that I wanted to make my own classes with it. I've been sort of lurking around this forum ever since, looking for answers to whatever issue I was having with the editor that week. Now that I've finally finished my hack (the first version, at least), I figured it was long past time for me to make an account here and actually introduce myself. I'll be posting said hack in a more appropriate place soon enough.

You can just call me Archer. Or if you prefer, I also respond to Sam (even though that's not actually my name - go figure).
I'm a big fan of Golden Sun, though probably not quite so much by your standards here. I'm reasonably good at using the Editor now, but I'm sort of a noob when it comes to forums and patching in general, so please forgive my inexperience.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Knight of Purgatory

Hello archer. It's always nice to see a new member. May I ask how you found this site? Just a little curious, that's all
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Misery

A new member - and you're DOING STUFF :O
Welcome to this humble community. I'll make sure to take a thorough look at your hack later (when I've had some sleep, that is -_-).

While the site appears to have a pretty heavy focus on Golden Sun, our interests are pretty varied, and recent activity has mostly been in social topics or discussion of other subjects. I'd say making a somewhat accomplished hack is enough on its own to make you more of a fan of the series than a lot of people here.

Kioll

Misery's mostly right.  Also, everyone's a newb at some point, which is what I think you meant. There's a big difference between newb and noob.  Anyways, I'm Kioll, nice to meet you.  Congratulations on taking your first step towards your destiny.  Welcome!
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Greetings and Salutations Archy! I was going to call you Trixie (For Electric), but seeing as you are a guy, that wouldn't be very nice.

QuoteThere's a big difference between newb and noob.
Correct! Newbs are newbies, and noobs are annoying meanies! Right? It's very common for people to think noob means newb, though. I'd rather just not use either term, and just go with the word "newbie."

However, I must say that even dictionary.com thinks noob means newbie.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

ElectricArcher

Hmm, I've always seen noob and newb used synonymously. I never realized there was a difference. Thanks for enlightening me!

"Archy"... hehe, I like! Though I wouldn't be offended by Trixie either, if you really had your heart set on it.

@Knight of Purgatory: I was re-playing TLA, and I was searching through Action Replay codes for some way to get a pair of Ninja Sandals. (I'm not too big on cheat codes, usually, but I really wanted a pair of those for Jenna!) After quite a bit of fruitless searching, I stumbled across the Editor as a possible solution - can't remember where. That led me here. And pretty soon I got to thinking of all the other things I could do with the Editor, besides just temporarily making Death Caps drop Ninja Sandals. And then I started working on my hack, which of course caused me to return here again and again and again in search of information.

@Kioll: Haha, my destiny... Thanks! It's nice to finally talk to all of the people whose posts I've been reading these past few months. I would've made an account sooner, but I wanted to have my hack more or less finished first. Which took about 100 hours longer than I realized when I was first starting. I can be kind of a perfectionist that way...

Rolina

Typically, Noob is used with a negative connotation, while Newb is a more positive one.  While they both technically mean "newbie", the spelling indicates whether it's being used as an insult or not.

Kain

Hello and welcome to the site.  Make sure you read the rules.  I am Kain, the Overlord of Comedy.  A pleasure to make your laughter.  Due to recent events, I stress that you read the rules and I hope you enjoy your stay.  I'm quite pleased to see you come bearing activity, that's just what the place needs to liven it up.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  Also yeah, noob is the insult.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Well yeah, I guess you could look at it that way. However, when I read the difference long long ago, it was on a petpage at neopets. (:/ Wait? Neopets? :O)

I believe it was possibly a whole page explaining about the difference, but I don't think I can find the page right now. (At worst, it might have been removed, I sort of forgot what it looks like, anyway.) ; Anyway, here is something I found in trying to find it:
Quote from: http://www.neopets.com/~votaiWhat is the difference between a noob and a newbie?
Answer: A newbie is a "new" player that is brand new to things with no experience in that field. However, a noob is a person who is annoying and tends to spam occasionally.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Tan

Oh hey, a new member who isn't bizarre up the nine/an alt account. Greetings.

I always personally figure newb to be someone who is still new and learning how things work, opposite noob who is an old hand who just refuses to learn. So yeah.
"Video Games"
-Raocow

Robert Joe

I know that I am really late here, but welcome to the forums. Hopefully you will enjoy it.