News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

how to change the sprites of the party members?

Started by Nyrholnen, 24, February, 2013, 07:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyrholnen

so, i´m hacking TLA to make my own story, etc...
and when i try to change the party members sprites to enemies sprites, instead of being the enemy sprite, it turns invisible/nothing, just a floating sword/mace/rod.
any help?

Atrius (He/Him)

When selecting party member sprites for battle any sprite highlighted in red is compressed in a format that makes them incompatible.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Nyrholnen

when i tried to see the sprites on the sprite viewer, i noticed that there´s a box with a number on the right side that shows: 2 or 0.
when the sprite is 0 , It isnt is highlighted in red, but when the sprite is 2, it is highlighted.
dullahan,doom dragon and poseidon are 0, so they can be selected.
but, there´s no way to compress these sprites to make them compatible?

Aile~♥

Can't you copy-paste the other sprite into the party sprite slot using the sprite editor? Though I seem to recall trying that and having it not work.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Misery

Yeah, you could change the graphics of the player characters to anything, so replacing their graphics with the enemy graphics should work. That said, I still haven't tried this myself yet, so I don't know exactly how to do it...

Nyrholnen

i could´nt change them
if you guys can find out, tell me!!
well, i´m going to finish the other things

Crystal Sonata

Not meaning to be off-topic, but good luck on your hack!
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Nyrholnen

thanks i started it a few days ago, but we´ve already changed some text/stats and psynergys