News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Don't Starve

Started by RTGreece21, 19, May, 2013, 06:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTGreece21

Does anyone else play Don't Starve? I got it a couple days ago, and it's a pretty cool survival game. The art is dark and liney, and it's got biomes and habitats you can gather resources from, like minecraft, but not 3-dimentional and you have to not only avoid starving, but not get killed or freeze to death either.

I unlocked all of the characters except for Wes so far, but I usually still play as the default character because his beard protects him a bit in the winter if you don't shave it. Who do you guys like to use if you play?

I also regret to inform that I did edit my game a bit, I made it so that there would be less of the big tree spirit monsters. Not none, just less, because those things are pretty brutal and take me too long to kill. I'm sitting at day 267 right now and I have over 12 chests stuffed with bunnies (lol) inside my castle that's got a three wall set-up like the city in Attack on Titan (can't remember what the anime was called, but that's the english title for the manga). It protects me pretty well from the hounds.

I've also found that it's a lot of fun to wait until you're under 60 sanity because of all the weirdness, so I tend to try to keep myself at that point.
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Aile~♥

Hey, you're not dead! And no, I've never heard of that game; I was just replying because I was surprised to see you actually post.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

RTGreece21

That's no surprise, I suppose. Shortly after leaving due to a certain person's repetitive childish attacks I found myself engrossed into the worlds of Disgaea. I was already a hardcore fan of the series, but it took over my life for quite some time. Then I fell ill for the later half of winter and found myself surgically attached to this laptop, in which case I was retaken by Minecraft and, as of late, Don't Starve, until I remembered this place and thought it would be nice to at least see what's been happening. It's sad to see that things have gotten a little less than active though, and people have left too...

In any case, Don't Starve is an awesome survival game, though... I don't know if I like those kinds of games. ^^;;
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]