News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Hello

Started by LyrandisX, 15, June, 2013, 09:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LyrandisX

Hi, I am LyrandisX (You may call me L for short)

I hope to learn much about how a game is made, I am beginning my own RPG project, however I want to learn the desires of what people pursue for in RPGs, and what they condemn within them

I hope you welcome my stay here

Kioll

Hiya, Lyran.  Mind if I call ya Lyran?  I'm Kioll, your friendly neighborhood smart***.  Emissary of apocalyptic flam-  Oh, wait, hang on, we're being serious.  Okay....  Seriously...  Hm.  Seriously, I could go for some friggin' caffeine...  Oh, right!!!  I remember what I was gonna say.
"Welcome to the GSHC.  We'd love to help you with your problems/goals...  Unfortunately, we're not in at the moment.  Please leave your name, contact information, and a brief message after the beep, and we'll get back to you on... whatever it is you came to us for.  Eventually.  Oh, and uh...  We accept cash in advance only.  Beep."
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Crystal Sonata

Well Kioll, you certainly left an impression ._.

Welcome to GSHC. We're glad to have you, and would be more than willing to help with anything you need ^^.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

* What they said, minus any immaturity that might be displayed in their writing, and with a couple pieces of candy on top to suit the stuffin'.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

Hey there, L.  The tools are pretty good, and you can do quite a bit with them.  Right now they have their limits, but it's open source now, and we've got at least one guy working on furthering the development of them right now.  Still, they're more useful if you're working on a game than the wikis are, so feel free to have fun with it.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Yeah, something like that, and apparently his motivation levels are low at the moment. :( However, if anyone mods the editor, this same guy will be sure to try and see what's going on / maybe help out a little / and whatever...  This same guy also works on another editor for the Mario & Luigi series...  It can be a bit of a head-ache to try and upgrade large amounts of stuff (or even the thought, really), which might be why he takes extremely long breaks from the editors?  However, I can say for the pass two weeks he has been busy on Runescape. 

When he hacks Golden Sun, I think he is more interested in first documenting most of the data before actually putting stuff in the editor, since he thinks it might actually be easier... atleast for the time being.  He also wants others to get involved in documentations, but no one seems to be there. Or have even the ounce of experience required, which isn't really that much.  You can do a lot with just a little direction. :Sweat:

Heh. Why am I talking in third person?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

ElectricArcher

Quote from: Kioll on 16, June, 2013, 04:55:00 AM
Hiya, Lyran.  Mind if I call ya Lyran?  I'm Kioll, your friendly neighborhood smart***.  Emissary of apocalyptic flam-  Oh, wait, hang on, we're being serious.  Okay....  Seriously...  Hm.  Seriously, I could go for some friggin' caffeine...  Oh, right!!!  I remember what I was gonna say.
"Welcome to the GSHC.  We'd love to help you with your problems/goals...  Unfortunately, we're not in at the moment.  Please leave your name, contact information, and a brief message after the beep, and we'll get back to you on... whatever it is you came to us for.  Eventually.  Oh, and uh...  We accept cash in advance only.  Beep."

Kioll, that was HILARIOUS! Best post of the month for sure!

Anyway, L, as Kioll and Teawater have implied, there's not a whole lot going on around here these days. We could certainly use some fresh ideas and/or questions to spice things up!  :happy:
I'm hardly a pro with the editor, but I'll be happy to help where I can, as will be most everyone else, I'm sure. We've got a lot of helpful, friendly people here.

So, welcome to the GSHC! Ask questions, experiment with the editor, try out some mods, and have fun!