News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

My Golden Sun I Hack (WIP) 9/10/13

Started by Goldensunfan10, 09, October, 2013, 04:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldensunfan10

hay everyone!
here's one of my hacks that im working on ATM:

Golden Sun I hack (unnamed for now).

so, my hack has these changes (more soon)

Changes from normal GS I

+ Characters replaced (Iassac/Garet/Ivan/Mia) > (Felix/Jenna/Sheba/Piers)

- in name and portrait only (for Felix/Shebia etc)
   - Iassac has become Felix, and has battle sprite of Young iassac (As felix's sprite doesn't exist in GS I)

- Garet switched to Jenna, battle sprite of Jenna, and portrait.

- Ivan has become Sheba, battle sprite changed to young garet (as sheba's sprite isn't present in GS I)

- Mia has become Piers, battle sprite and portrait changed to Menadi (as there's no data with regards to piers in GS I).
+ the elemental stars are items that can be equipped and use for attacking! also can be found from certain monsters dropped. Ex. "Felix raises the Venus star" and this unleashes mother Gia.

+ some useful psynergies have been added from the beginning in order to access an area in Vale to get Halt pysnergy and the Jupiter djinn, Kate. Can also use frost to get into Lumpa early and sneak into the fortress etc. lift/reveal/frost/halt (found in vale cave), cloak ball (Cloak pysnergy).

+ the men at Lumpa fortress changed from bandit to young iassac c (c is copy, but game cuts it out).
+ some bosses in the later stage made easer to beat ex. Dreadbread.
+ order of game will be swifted, and this doesn't affect the story at all.
+ the boss of Lumpa fortress! will be made easier (since it is the second boss fight after valt's boss) ex. Toadonpa.
+ a lot of stuff (work in progress can/maybe) be done before reaching Iunt and Mercury Lighthouse and getting Mia (peirs).

Battle Demo to show Charaters and elemental stars use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFQJKAboX5M&feature=youtu.be

more soon...

charon the ferryman

Well there's no pics or anything so we can't see anything yet, you should upload a patch up onto our server. We have a page just for that, really handy stuff.

Goldensunfan10

Quote from: Flash on 09, October, 2013, 07:43:27 PM
Well there's no pics or anything so we can't see anything yet, you should upload a patch up onto our server. We have a page just for that, really handy stuff.

Thanx for the tip, flash!
I'll take many Pics and Videos of the changes via VBA emulator and then post them here.

I'll keep this in mind for future changes.

*updated first post with pics and video.

Misery

I'll tell you that it is possible to replace the graphics of the characters, so you could import the graphics for Felix and Sheba from TLA (if you do, you should replace their weapon sprites too). You'll have to ask someone else about how exactly to do that though, I still haven't tried doing it myself.

Goldensunfan10

Quote from: Misery on 14, October, 2013, 06:19:23 AM
I'll tell you that it is possible to replace the graphics of the characters, so you could import the graphics for Felix and Sheba from TLA (if you do, you should replace their weapon sprites too). You'll have to ask someone else about how exactly to do that though, I still haven't tried doing it myself.

Um, nice thanx for the tip, Misery!
Question: I import the sprites for Felix/Sheba from TLA game all of them? From 0 - ???
Also, I have to use the spite editor of TLA editor 0.5r2? How, I'm very confused on how to get it to work,
Any way to import the sprites and what size? 32x32 etc

Also, I have to import each sprite for the one charater's movements one by one, and not all in one go?

For the weapon chaging, I saw that issue, as iassac had two swords on him, instead of one. Lol.
I'll need to ask around for that.