News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

what defines summons?

Started by mecurylighthouse, 19, October, 2013, 12:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mecurylighthouse

I know a while back some one had a problem with summon animations coming out weird when applied to another ability  like neried becoming spire or atalanta becoming growth I heard I might be fixable through hex editng so I looked for the address for ablilties (teawater actualy told me) and started looking around
and I found much of it
but heres what happened  

080B7F44 8801 0003 0099 0000 1B04 008C 8501 0003

that is an ability I edited using the editor ( it replaces rays top tier) that should look like atalanta

080B8F24 0006 001E 8801 0003 0099 0000 0006 003C
and that is atalanta  so what gives?  as far as I can tell they should have the same animation I still haven't pinpointed the animation value but I have deciphered the last 8 digits as PP usage, range and power so the rest should have the animation somewhere right?
:Isaac: WHY!!!!!!...
                               :Felix: ...ummmm because

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Oh. So that's what you are up to.

08128972 = Ability Sequence Type Values ( http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1416.0 )
08128C50 = Ability Visual Effect ref table; Selects an abilities graphics, as well as the arg. = This is the Ability Animation and Arg data found in the editor.

08138000 = Code file for all the Ability Animations, it seems.

Do know that other stuff relating to abilities usually requires code editing, I think.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

kastos66

Most popular ones on the site. It allows me to meet and talk to many people who came to share the experience