News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

The Leaving User Thread

Started by Charon, 04, July, 2009, 09:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

I'm gonna have sketchy activity for a while, just a heads up.

I'm juggling FIVE games - Assassin's Creed II, Skyrim, Disgaea 4, White Knight Chronicles 2, and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2
And also have a few more family events coming up.
And I also now have an HDTV to enjoy until the fascination wears off - that too.

So... until then, I'm gonna be less active than usual.

Aile~♥

What, no Kirby's Return to Dreamland or Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword? Both games are awesome, just so you know. Especially Kirby's Return to Dreamland. I haven't actually had a chance to play it yet (Wii's still broken) but I've been watching an LP of it on Youtube, done by The1stChubasa, and it looks like tons of fun.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I'm juggling FIVE games - Assassin's Creed II, Skyrim, Disgaea 4, White Knight Chronicles 2, and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2
I think I have you beat, Role, that's how it is. My new 2nd hand (lol) PS3 is coming tomorrow, and I got a few games for it and my PSP.

For my PS3, I got BlazBlue CS, Agarest Generations of War, Cross Edge and Dragon Age 2.

For my PSP I got Monster Hunter Freedom 2, and a Bubble Bobble game (forgot what it's called)

And I've still yet to beat my older PSP games apart from Crisis Core. Those are TO: LUCT, FF4 collection (3 bloody games), WKC Origins and Dynasty Warriors.

So I'M juggling 13 games. Plus I've got tons of PS2 games I still haven't beat.

And I don't have a Wii, I've got 4 broken XBOXes, I'm not gonna get xboxes anymore, they can't be trusted.

Rolina

Actually, that would mean I have you beat, because I've got less to finish before I'm in the clear.

Misery

I'd just like to announce my return...

I've been celebrating an unremarkable christmas at my dad's side of the family. It was nice.
For new year's, I met up with my best friend and some old friends and classmates I haven't seen in years, and got way more drunk than I intended. It was very fun.
I've also been at my grandfather's funeral, which was also emotionally intense, but in a completely different way.

...and now I'm back, sort of.
Did I miss anything interesting?
Now on to catching up with the activity on the forums and everything else that has been going on at home...

Griever

Welcome back.
It's good you had a nice time with your family.
I wouldn't say you missed anything >_<

Salanewt

Hey, welcome back! If you need some help with catching up, feel free to ask.

So you had a good holiday season? That is good to hear.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Aren't things suppose to go slow at GSHC during the holidays? So you couldn't have missed much. Except for maybe one or two things...

Before I forget, welcome back!
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Kide

Hey there, Misery! Nice to see you back. Although you don't bring us good news only... Sorry to hear about your grandfather...

Umm... at least you seem to have had a great time with your friends and family, as did I.

And I will kindly disagree with everyone regarding what you've missed.

QuoteAren't things supposed to go slow at GSHC during the holidays?
Sure, they were supposed to, but that's not what really happened. And much of it thanks to you, Teawater. (I wonder what made you... hmm nevermind)
Also, I've also noticed some older members returning, although I don't know if they'll be staying for good.

So, even though there might have not been that many news, the ones we've had are quite promising.

Misery

Yeah, I didn't really expect a lot to happen. But I've been away for a while too, and I did indeed miss something interesting just as Kide says, if I've understood things correctly we've got class/creature dependant increased success rates for effects. That's a discovery that brings a whole new dimension to Golden Sun's game mechanics.

QuoteAren't things supposed to go slow at GSHC during the holidays?
Well, actually I would like to reword that, anyway.

QuoteSure, they were supposed to, but that's not what really happened. And much of it thanks to you, Teawater. (I wonder what made you... hmm nevermind)

Also, I've also noticed some older members returning, although I don't know if they'll be staying for good.
Let me guess: What made me become active? I come occassional, and then I leave. (When I leave, a lot of my time is spent on Yoshi's Lighthouse, but sometimes it gets pretty boring there, so I come back...) It is possible that I could continue taking breaks from GSHC in the future.

QuoteYeah, I didn't really expect a lot to happen. But I've been away for a while too, and I did indeed miss something interesting just as Kide says, if I've understood things correctly we've got class/creature dependant increased success rates for effects. That's a discovery that brings a whole new dimension to Golden Sun's game mechanics.
Perhaps I should have said : " Aside from what Atrius, Salanewt, Role, and I have done."

Salanewt's Djinni Bank
Role's Christmas Card, and Signature Discussion
Feature Refining Discussion... (Atrius might do something interesting with the Class Type value, he was a bit vague, though.)
Class Hacking Discussion (Increased success rates; Which you seemed to have already learned about.)

Plot Building Discussion = This might also be one of the active topics; but I've not been keeping up with it.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

zman9000

And I'm back after about 3 weeks.

Yep, rejoice in my return to your little online life.

Wahahaha
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Charon

I kinda... disappeared for a bit. No real reason why. I guess Christmas break makes you not want to be doing admin stuff.

Well I'm back and I'm going to start getting those badges up.

If you're wondering, the initial reason was because my grandmother had passed away, whom I was very close with and loved very much, but I lost my motivation to do a lot of things. Then I got sidetracked, but now I think I'm doing okay now.

Salanewt

Hey, welcome back you two!

Aw, are you crying Zed? No need to, you are safe and sound at GSHC!

That stinks about recent events, Charon. On the positive side, you can cherish those memories for years to come!

If you need help catching up, I should be able to help you out later... That depends on whether you want it or not though.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

... ... ...

Darn you Trollanewt darn you! "shakes fist in the air"

but yes i'm back.
i'm still not as active as I was... but Skyrim is so awesome I can't stop!!!

I'll be fully back when I beat all the quests.

game makers: Skyrim is a game with unlimited quests.
me: sh*t...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Bless you, Salanewt, bless you! *hands you a gift for not insulting him further.* I mean, what else can you do on Good Luck Day Eve?

QuoteAw, are you crying Zed? No need to, you are safe and sound at GSHC!
No, I don't think he was... perhaps you mistaken his evilish laughter for crying... but anyway...

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Griever

I'm gonna stay away from the forum till the end of the week, have an important project meeting(s) (first time going to one).
See you guys on Friday ^_^

Salanewt

Sounds fine, good luck with your meeting(s) Griever!

Friday, almost a week away... See you then.

Griever

Oh that was super boring >_< well except for when we speak about engineering stuff lol
Meetings ended earlier so here I am.

Hope I didn't miss too many things.