Golden Sun Hacking Community
February 20, 2020, 12:22:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Leaving User Thread  (Read 165382 times)
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

Coins: 0

« Reply #460 on: January 03, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »

It's really cool to see two clear and contrasting approaches. Role seems like someone who liked giving advice so much, she eventually got carried away with it.  Was she a good critic or a lazy critic (i.e. confusing negativity with criticism)? 

Why -255? Some sort of coding or stat reference? It reminds me of some RGB (red green blue) color coding stuff, where red, green, and blue can have values from 0 to 255.
View Profile
Misery
Bad Luck

Great Member

Coins: 20

Clan Position: Mercury Hack Leader

« Reply #461 on: January 03, 2014, 10:29:29 PM »

Role seems like someone who liked giving advice so much, she eventually got carried away with it. 
Well, that sounds about right.
View Profile
Kioll
Pyromancer

I'm a Mars Adept! You know, red hair, bad temper?

« Reply #462 on: January 04, 2014, 07:39:38 PM »

She was hyper-critical (everything had to be just right; i.e. her way).  As for why -255?  255 is the largest number that can be held in a binary byte (8 0's and 1's...  if 00000000 is 0, 11111111 is 255).  So yes, because of significance.

I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?
View Profile
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #463 on: January 05, 2014, 04:07:27 AM »

So what's she working on right now?  Has she ever successfully led a team?  I mean clearly she's got drive, and she's no slouch.  There must be some context in which she was successful, or at least not destructive.
View Profile
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #464 on: February 05, 2014, 04:30:34 AM »

Do people also use this thread to announce that they've returned?  i.e. should I say "welcome back, Jamie the Flame User?"
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 1000

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #465 on: February 05, 2014, 05:17:37 AM »

I assume yes. I took a look at the first page of this topic. Salanewt asked if the topic was also for returns, but since no one answered, we can go ahead and say 'yes'.

And with that...

WELCOME BACK JAMIE!!!

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.
View Profile
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

I am the Angel of darkness and I am back.

Coins: 100

I am: fine!

« Reply #466 on: July 19, 2014, 05:12:46 PM »

Hmm things are going all of sudden.
 Fury
 Saturos Dam'n it!
Okay fellows I am out for a week!
And yes my lord Misery Don't be a zombie but a stronger creature a vampire.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Don't get it wrong!
Anyways see ya after oneweek.
View Profile WWW
Luna_blade
The last member of the Luna clan
Luna Clan

Great Member

Coins: 28

I am: Timeless. As in, i don't have much free time.

« Reply #467 on: July 20, 2014, 06:37:39 AM »

Hmm things are going all of sudden.
 Fury
 Saturos Dam'n it!
Okay fellows I am out for a week!
And yes my lord Misery Don't be a zombie but a stronger creature a vampire.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Don't get it wrong!
Anyways see ya after oneweek.

I'll be away for a week as well. (although my posting and progress was really low last two months.)

*avatar dissapears, account logs out. Unknown

"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"
View Profile
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

Coins: 11

« Reply #468 on: July 26, 2014, 05:56:21 AM »

Going to be away for a week starting tomorrow. Dunno if I'll have net access, but I'll have my laptop with me, so I'll still be able to work on editing for the summon night project during the downtime. Don't think I've forgotten about you guys if I don't post for a little while, 'k?

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile
Luna_blade
The last member of the Luna clan
Luna Clan

Great Member

Coins: 28

I am: Timeless. As in, i don't have much free time.

« Reply #469 on: August 04, 2014, 06:18:32 AM »

I'll be gone for ten days.

"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"
View Profile
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

I am the Angel of darkness and I am back.

Coins: 100

I am: fine!

« Reply #470 on: August 04, 2014, 03:58:26 PM »

See ya!
View Profile WWW
FrozenWrath
The Decieved
Mercury Clan

Let's rock!

Coins: 20

I am: the embodiment of hatred and anger, the Frozen Wrath!

« Reply #471 on: October 02, 2014, 12:49:37 AM »

It is I, the Frozen Wrath!

I have arrived here for a moment to bring dire news: I will not be here as much due to my academic pursuits in school, and so I will not be here as often(wait, I rarely come here....)
View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
February 17, 2020, 04:54:34 AM
Fox: I guess one thing this game has going for it is the Day and Night cycle.
February 17, 2020, 04:51:46 AM
Fox: Also, I noticed since the very beginning of the game, that usually the dresser drawers (whatever you call them) have items in them.
February 17, 2020, 04:48:20 AM
Fox: (And I only recently got Karn, the fourth PC.)
February 17, 2020, 04:36:01 AM
Fox: Was playing Breath of Fire I.... and I must say.... that game's pretty bland.... listening to the same songs basically everywhere... and multiple NPCs saying the exact same thing.  Most of it plays about the same... a maze with common useless items in chests, maybe you'll get one or two fine equipment, but yeah.  ... I want to check #II again later, the game I remember playing like... over a decade ago.
February 04, 2020, 08:06:18 AM
Salanewt: We're more active on the Discord though.
February 04, 2020, 08:06:01 AM
Salanewt: Oh hey! It does, yeah.
February 02, 2020, 06:42:38 PM
Mastermind: holy crap this place still exists?
December 24, 2019, 09:33:09 PM
Fox: Even just plain Editor work can make some difference. = At least these forums are indexed on the Search engine. I was also curious about whether to um... go through all the topics on these forums and take all the important stuff out/placed into a folder for a bit of organization. Would be a bonus since if something ever happened to this forum, or if we ever wanted to start afresh again, it wouldn't be that difficult to do so.
December 24, 2019, 09:23:03 PM
Fox: One thing is for sure. This place has become completely dead. (Mostly because of Discord.)  = I don't think much will happen with this forum unless I, Salanewt, or someone else does a thing.
December 24, 2019, 09:18:05 PM
Fox: Probably not?
December 24, 2019, 06:51:08 PM
Luna_blade: I suppose this is the last Christmas of this forum? 
December 24, 2019, 06:50:51 PM
Luna_blade: Yay thanks for the coins
December 19, 2019, 04:39:45 AM
Fox: Okay, another thought... "gsmagic" could be the code name/project name... and "Golden Sun Magic" could be the more formal official name... (As in using both names.)  -  I still need to look into these other games as well... so who knows if it could be better to call it Camelot Magic if those should ever be supported to a decent standard.  Would probably be a long time from now, though. As I can be pretty lazy.
December 18, 2019, 10:01:39 PM
Foreclosure: gsmagic is fine
December 17, 2019, 05:44:32 PM
Fox: Also. I call my program "gsmagic" and not "GSMagic" =P (Not asking for correction/I being silly)... Had to call it something, so picked something short.  Maybe I should rename it to Golden Sun Magic later. *shrug*
December 17, 2019, 05:35:04 PM
Fox: (And "Golden Sun" instead of "GS" to reduce confusion that would likely not be there anyway... when "Golden Sun" doesn't take up much space to start with. (Imagine being new and thinking GS meant GameShark, or some other oddity. Ew.)) - All just thoughts...I'm still going with most of this not mattering that much, though.
December 17, 2019, 05:12:55 PM
Fox: "Misc. GS Hacking" = That name looks odd, so I'd probably just go with "Golden Sun Hacking"
December 17, 2019, 05:08:05 PM
Fox: I tempted to also suggest the Editors can go in the first category. Since the Editor is the reason this place exists in the first place. (I think.)
December 17, 2019, 04:53:19 PM
Fox: (combined = Not meant to be taken literally... but rather.... to generalize things more, since it apparently looks like we don't need the extra space no one is using.)
December 17, 2019, 04:48:49 PM
Fox: Worse still... we've only used those for Golden Sun content.... and there's not much there.
December 17, 2019, 04:45:53 PM
Fox: E.g. Maybe everything in "Assets & Discussion" could be combined with "Creative Works".... I don't feel like sound and art apply to general hacking anyway... that only comes into play when you have tools to insert them.
December 17, 2019, 04:40:26 PM
Fox: categories and/or forums
December 17, 2019, 04:36:48 PM
Fox: Everything else seems to be about right, though. Perhaps some categories could be combined(?), but doesn't really matter that much.
December 17, 2019, 04:33:03 PM
Fox: (I still think The Community section fits best at the bottom. =P)
December 15, 2019, 05:10:04 PM
Salanewt: Heya! I'm planning to get the demo up today, but if you can't wait then it's already available on the Discord.
December 15, 2019, 04:12:27 AM
Fox: (Then sell the badges on the Trade Center for a very high price... and give a lot of active people coins to buy them with, so they can basically transfer the coins to me if they want something... Gosh I could be a naughty hoarder. =P)
December 15, 2019, 04:06:19 AM
Fox: I'd buy up all the stock for each item too... but man... I think I'm too lazy for that. =P
December 15, 2019, 04:01:24 AM
Fox: There we go. That should be all of them.
December 15, 2019, 03:25:32 AM
Fox: Duplicates will still show up as separate entries on the profile as well. Interestingly enough.
December 15, 2019, 03:18:25 AM
Fox: (Well, one of each badge, at least.)

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise