News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

To Kill a Something

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 21, March, 2014, 10:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

@Menaus: Yeah, but at least we can give him credit for trying!

@Succubus: I agree that abortion is killing. ; Especially if there's a heart beat.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Darkylighty

Quote from: Menaus on 17, October, 2014, 06:42:46 PM
All I can say, Darklylight, is that you should learn English better. Right now it is hard to understand what you mean, and it is apparent are misinterpreting some things that Rolina is saying. Until you can reply with coherent English don't think I will debate with you. Nothing against you, but at this point misunderstanding can very easily happen, which results in unnecessary red herrings, and the like.

I will however, say this: You do not understand Rolina's argument, and have misinterpreted what she has said. Also, I have no idea what you are saying either, so perhaps you do understand it and just cannot express your counterargument.

EDIT : I don't think you are in a good position to say if I did not understand.
her points were easy to understand
1 Prochoice is bullshit since you had the choice to not have sex.
I reject this said logic, people have the right to have use without accepting everything that happen in their bodies.

2 Death Penalty Prevent crimes
I totally reject that affirmation, it is false.
And I say Death is final, when you die, that is it, your are gone. So any innocent judged by this method cannot get his life returned.

Menaus

What makes me in a bad position? I know English. It is my first language. You often make grammar mistakes in a way that makes what you are saying not completely comprehensible. What is wrong with this position?
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Darkylighty

Quote from: Menaus on 18, October, 2014, 08:14:34 PM
What makes me in a bad position? I know English. It is my first language. You often make grammar mistakes in a way that makes what you are saying not completely comprehensible. What is wrong with this position?

we call it a natal language, but what ever

ashurjames

Killing is wrong in any given way, but i believe in this "You kill someone with a sword and you will be killed with a sword". So what goes around comes around.

If you fight by swords, you die by swords = This is said by Jesus in the Christian Bible, actually... Not sure which verse it was, or even the exact quoting, so I paraphrase it... I guess.

Killing someone likely makes the most sense under self-defense, so you can steal your opponent's sword and use it on them, maybe. (Assuming they're still attacking after you "stole" their weapon, and you have no other way of defending yourself.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Darkylighty

Luna_blade : well the government is not always evil, sure it can be evil, but that is what happen you don't place counter power or do not limit power.  sure we can't have governemental control of education, but in democratic society like ours, this will not happen, another reason why communist need democracy, but this is not on topics.

My argument is simple, abortion is not murder
- the birth is an absolute future, the baby can dies before the birth.
- Abortion is a personnal choice
- people have the right to do what they want with theirs sexual organ.

Sorry FOX: but I oppose strongly stand your grounds laws, just because someone stole from you, does not mean you have to administer your own justice, you should instead get help from the state and proceed to a trials.

@Darkylighty: If you were held a prisoner in someone's home deep in some deserted place away from the public, and the person holding you hostage has already tortured you/doing rated XXX stuff, and proved that they were willing to kill you if you were to escape? What would you do? Let yourself die? And whoever else was held captive/may have escaped as well?  ; I dislike the idea of killing as well, but sometimes, there's just no obvious/easy other way, unfortunately...

This is like taking the better of two evils...

Everything else outside of self-defense can easily be controversial in my opinion. (Even if one wants to kill themselves, it could be that their just not in their right mind due to depression.)

Quote- people have the right to do what they want with theirs sexual organ.
So do you think indecent exposure is okay?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Darkylighty

Quote from: Fox on 19, October, 2014, 03:52:04 PM
@Darkylighty: If you were held a prisoner in someone's home deep in some deserted place away from the public, and the person holding you hostage has already tortured you/doing rated XXX stuff, and proved that they were willing to kill you if you were to escape? What would you do? Let yourself die? And whoever else was held captive/may have escaped as well?  ; I dislike the idea of killing as well, but sometimes, there's just no obvious/easy other way, unfortunately...

This is like taking the better of two evils...

Everything else outside of self-defense can easily be controversial in my opinion. (Even if one wants to kill themselves, it could be that their just not in their right mind due to depression.)

Quote- people have the right to do what they want with theirs sexual organ.
So do you think indecent exposure is okay?

that is a strong and emotionnal situation I have no choice to answer with logic.
of course if the person is behond saving, something we may have no choice to kill, but those situation do not always exist, now you give me a situation where the is only two person, me and him, but in real world there is the leviathan, the state who is there to enforce the law.

I always oppose suicide, we should not let people jump of road and we should give adaquate service so they come back in the society and accept life.

On your last question, yes, public nudity should be legal. it is a sexual organ, not a gun, it won't kill you. Come on, you have nothing to be scared.

@Last question: I thought it was a form of disrespect, but I guess not everyone sees it that way.

And I doubt being scared had anything to do with it... maybe for young children who are not use to such things... but...

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Rolina

Quote from: Menaus on 17, October, 2014, 06:42:46 PM
All I can say, Darklylight, is that you should learn English better. Right now it is hard to understand what you mean, and it is apparent are misinterpreting some things that Rolina is saying. Until you can reply with coherent English don't think I will debate with you. Nothing against you, but at this point misunderstanding can very easily happen, which results in unnecessary red herrings, and the like.

I will however, say this: You do not understand Rolina's argument, and have misinterpreted what she has said. Also, I have no idea what you are saying either, so perhaps you do understand it and just cannot express your counterargument.
I didn't even realize this was gonna be a place for arguing.  I figured we'd come here, make our views, and acknowledge and accept the views of others without the need for trying to rip them apart.  The fact that it happened to me I find baffling, and just discourages me from bothering to do more threads like this.

her points were easy to understand
1 Prochoice is bullshit since you had the choice to not have sex.
I reject this said logic, people have the right to have use without accepting everything that happen in their bodies.

2 Death Penalty Prevent crimes
I totally reject that affirmation, it is false.
And I say Death is final, when you die, that is it, your are gone. So any innocent judged by this method cannot get his life returned.

READ.
THE.
FREAKING.
POST.

That is, in fact, not my argument.  It is a gross, if not blatant, screwing and perverting of what I said and how I view things.  You took a glance, ignored the meaning and logic behind it, and dismissed me and my argument without bothering to find out what it actually was.  RTFP, and do not EVER presume to tell a woman what her rights are, or tell her how she's supposed to think or what she's supposed to believe, or hell, what she has a right to do or not do.  That is not, in fact, your call.

Darkylighty

Rolina; I am a bit discouraged.  The first I read was pro-choice is bullshit, I am pro-choice, I am defending my position. PRO-CHOICE is not bullshit, it is simple logic.
Quote from: Darkylighty on 12, October, 2014, 04:58:07 PM
While I understand your story on abortion, pro-choice is giving the right to a woman to deny what is happening in her body, give her the choice to not be a mother, you can't ask for them to not have sex, woman claim the right to have sex for pleasure only, they reclaim the right to have orgasm, not to only have sex for procreation.

This is what I wrote, this is far from lecturing you on the right of woman, but simply explaining the logic of pro-choice

and yet you are interpret mines as telling how you should think...
I know what are your argument and your logic and I rejected it, because I do not find it acceptable.
I don't know where you read that I am telling what you should think or what you do with your body.

Besides the right of a woman are no different then the right of a man, your body, your right to choose, if we male where the one having to bear children, you would know, abortion would legal since long time and there would be next to no debate.

Quote from: Rolina on 19, October, 2014, 09:01:00 PM
ro Choice is equally bullshit.  Why?  We have a choice.  We can choose whether or not to have sex, to have protection on the male, protection on us, the morning after pill, and even adoption.
there is no reason we should not allowed to have sex for fun, it is our bodies.

Abortion is  personnal and pro-choice is the only logic, I am defending it.

Sure, people can use protection to not have sex, but how can anyone say that people who don't want babies have to use condom ? not your body, not your choice.
beside you know, protection can fail, it is not perfect, there is nothing perfect, you are imperfect, I am imperfect, the president of the united state is not perfect and the wealthiest man alive is imperfect...
I cannot accept that said logic, not your body, not your choice. All women have the right to abort.
it is not because the protection fails or they did not use it, that they should be forced to give birth. Their bodies, their right to choose.

Plus : banning abortion will not stop abortion, it will just stop safe abortions.

but I am certain you already read that somewhere, this is pro-choice logic.

Quote from: Rolina on 19, October, 2014, 09:01:00 PM
Also, the whole "living in the past" thing is NOT the point of the death penalty.  The penalty is to actually PREVENT the crimes from occurring in the first place.  If you don't make do on threats, they have no power.  That's why the death penalty exists - killing another will result in society killing you back.  Betraying your people will result in your people offing your head. Wrong people, and expect to be wronged back.  These are powerful motivators to get people to follow the rule of law.  If the punishment for betraying my country was a few years in jail, I'd look for the highest bidder.  But it's death - meaning if I get caught, I'm screwed.  So I don't do it - it's not worth the risk.  Before you condemn stuff, stop and ask yourself why these things exist in the first place.
I view that as eye for eye, tooth for tooth, tell me, if I am convicted of murder and they kill me, will my victim ever return to live ? no, they will not. that is logic, once someone dies, there is no coming back to life.
death penalty play little role when discourageing a crime, if someone hate another so much or is extrem need of money, they will take the risk or will not even think about the consequence of law.
Death penalty is not the rule of law,
I have good reason to reject logic and the conclusion
Very few people are evil killing or stealing for fun, we need to act on the cause of crimes, If i have no reason to commit it, I won't do it.

Finally, there is historical proof about judicial mistake, innocent being killed for the crimes of another, I suppose that is a just some errors, some colateral damage...

Conclusion, Death penalty should be abolished. we have no need for it. Canada has done it and Canada does not have more crimes then US. Many state in the US did the same thing.

Rolina

READ
THE
EFFING

Not once did I say that recreational sex is no good.  Not once did I imply that the MAGICAL MIRACLE OF BIRTH CONTROL is not an option. In fact, I BLATANTLY STATED THE OPPOSITE - WE HAVE TONS OF MEANS OF BIRTH CONTROL AVAILABLE TO US, AND DAMMIT I'M SURE AS HELL GOING TO USE THEM!

How the hell is your reading comprehension so absolutely horrible that you don't get this?  Are you just not aware of what a birth control pill is?  A condom?  Diaphram?  Spermicide?  The MORNING FREAKING AFTER PILL (Scientifically proven to work ~5 days after sex!)?  And of course, Adoption?

Stop spinning my words into your fail and freaking READ MY POSTS, YOU FOOL.

[spoiler]And yes.  Caps this time means I'm yelling at him, guys.[/spoiler]

Darkylighty

Quote from: Rolina on 20, October, 2014, 12:07:58 AM
Not once did I say that recreational sex is no good.  Not once did I imply that the MAGICAL MIRACLE OF BIRTH CONTROL is not an option. [/spoiler]

In fact, I BLATANTLY STATED THE OPPOSITE - WE HAVE TONS OF MEANS OF BIRTH CONTROL AVAILABLE TO US, AND DAMMIT I'M SURE AS HELL GOING TO USE THEM!

How the hell is your reading comprehension so absolutely horrible that you don't get this?  Are you just not aware of what a birth control pill is?  A condom?  Diaphram?  Spermicide?  The MORNING FREAKING AFTER PILL (Scientifically proven to work ~5 days after sex!)?  And of course, Adoption?.

Yes, we have many way of controlling birth, but because we have multiple means of controlling, that does not abortion should be illegal, netheir that adoption is currently a good alternative. we are talking about the right of a woman to accept or deny the possibility of giving birth.

Yeah you have the right to use any contraception method you want, after all your body not mine.
but you have also the right to not use any contraception at all. And no matter if a woman use contraception or not, abortion is still a personnal choice, it has many consequence and it those consequence the woman will have to accept.

Pro-choice is very simple, my body, my right to choose and I am very sorry about the little thing in the womb not being born, but that said, his birth was just one possibility of the future, as I stated in previous post, the baby can die inside the mother womb, his birth is not forced.

If people want to use abortion as a mean of contraception, which is not good, well it is still their choice and their body to destroy, but keep in mind, it is not like someone on earth will wake up in the morning and came up with the goal of doing the most abortions.

Pro Choice is equally bullshit.  Why?  We have a choice.  We can choose whether or not to have sex, to have protection on the male, protection on us, the morning after pill, and even adoption.
I simply interpret this has,
1 we made a choice to have sex
2 we can make a choice to have birth control
3 woman saying they should have right to abort made bad choice, because they could have made another and better choice before,
conclusion: so pro-choice is bullshit.

If the 3rd line is not truth, then your premisses do not support your conclusion of pro-choice being bullshit.
pro-choice is
1 the feotus is not a person
2 I have the right to decide how I live my life
3 This happen in my body
conclusion, I have the right to have an abortion.

An sorry but remplacing abortion with adoption, this is a very bad idea and a very bad conclusion.

Rolina

Quote from: Darkylighty on 20, October, 2014, 12:57:46 AM
Not once did I say that recreational sex is no good.  Not once did I imply that the MAGICAL MIRACLE OF BIRTH CONTROL is not an option. [/spoiler]

In fact, I BLATANTLY STATED THE OPPOSITE - WE HAVE TONS OF MEANS OF BIRTH CONTROL AVAILABLE TO US, AND DAMMIT I'M SURE AS HELL GOING TO USE THEM!

How the hell is your reading comprehension so absolutely horrible that you don't get this?  Are you just not aware of what a birth control pill is?  A condom?  Diaphram?  Spermicide?  The MORNING FREAKING AFTER PILL (Scientifically proven to work ~5 days after sex!)?  And of course, Adoption?.

Yes, we have many way of controlling birth, but because we have multiple means of controlling, that does not abortion should be illegal, netheir that adoption is currently a good alternative. we are talking about the right of a woman to accept or deny the possibility of giving birth.

Yeah you have the right to use any contraception method you want, after all your body not mine.
but you have also the right to not use any contraception at all. And no matter if a woman use contraception or not, abortion is still a personnal choice, it has many consequence and it those consequence the woman will have to accept.

Pro-choice is very simple, my body, my right to choose and I am very sorry about the little thing in the womb not being born, but that said, his birth was just one possibility of the future, as I stated in previous post, the baby can die inside the mother womb, his birth is not forced.

If people want to use abortion as a mean of contraception, which is not good, well it is still their choice and their body to destroy, but keep in mind, it is not like someone on earth will wake up in the morning and came up with the goal of doing the most abortions.

Pro Choice is equally bullshit.  Why?  We have a choice.  We can choose whether or not to have sex, to have protection on the male, protection on us, the morning after pill, and even adoption.
I simply interpret this has,
1 we made a choice to have sex
2 we can make a choice to have birth control
3 woman saying they should have right to abort made bad choice, because they could have made another and better choice before,
conclusion: so pro-choice is bullshit.

If the 3rd line is not truth, then your premisses do not support your conclusion of pro-choice being bullshit.
pro-choice is
1 the feotus is not a person
2 I have the right to decide how I live my life
3 This happen in my body
conclusion, I have the right to have an abortion.

An sorry but remplacing abortion with adoption, this is a very bad idea and a very bad conclusion.
Again, you refuse to acknowledge the fact that we have plenty of choices afterwards.  You continually insist that abortion is the only option after the fact, despite the fact that, like, three others minimum exist.  And you also refuse to acknowledge the fact I don't like the "Pro-life" arguement either.  And you refuse to acknowledge that I dislike that men can just bail whenever the hell they want, and aren't being pressured like women are in this situation.

You have your own ideas, and anything that doesn't match your views exactly you dismiss and lecture people about their approach, cherrypicking phrases completely out of context to justify your bullshit.

Darkylighty

Quote from: Rolina on 08, October, 2014, 08:29:28 PM
Again, you refuse to acknowledge the fact that we have plenty of choices afterwards.  You continually insist that abortion is the only option after the fact, despite the fact that, like, three others minimum exist.  And you also refuse to acknowledge the fact I don't like the "Pro-life" argument either.  And you refuse to acknowledge that I dislike that men can just bail whenever the hell they want, and aren't being pressured like women are in this situation.

You have your own ideas, and anything that doesn't match your views exactly you dismiss and lecture people about their approach, cherrypicking phrases completely out of context to justify your bullshit.

I just lost my own message when writing this argument.
but now you are just putting word in my mouth, because you probably forgot some logic or somethings I have already wrote.

1 I never said Abortion is the only option. I said women have the right to choose to not give birth, meanwhile you think woman should give birth so they can choose adoption instead of abortion. because the only way to do an abortion, it force birth, adoption is not a solution to remplace abortion, yeah better birth control, but then again if abortion are bad, why is birth control good, they are doing the same thing, a woman use them to not give birth.
let me remind you that birth is a painfull process, study show that when simulated, men are unable to support the pain.
I can't accept an argument that would say women should endure pain, because they cause always give their child in adoption...
if that was not in your post, you can see why adoption cannot be a remplacement or a choice can make instead of abortion, because adoption include birth. but the choice of abortion is to not give birth.

2 I read it, but I always though that argument as nonsense because pro-life often support death penalty, it means their conclusion on abortion being murders is false... what kind of argument is that ?

3 I already answer your stance on men quitting their wife because they do not want to accept their responsibilities. Actions I believe are bad. that is why women have the right to go to a court and get a pension for their child, because a man must take their responsibilities of father, at least in Quebec.

let face it, being pro-choice is logic.
1 the birth is not absolute, just because you are pregnant, does not mean you will carry your child to term.
2 The foetus cannot survive alone, outside its mother womb.
3 the foetus is not a person, it is a person in formation, but it is not formed and not an human
4 women have the right to decide own they wish to live their lives.
5 women have the exclusive control of their body
6 women have the right to choose between all means of contraception, or not, they can also choose to go with no contraception, no protection and live with consequences of their action.
7 women have the right to choose abortion and live with the consequences of their actions

Rolina

No, you're shoving your ideals down others throats. 

Anti-both is my logic.  COMPROMISE is my logic.  I'd go into it, but you'd dismiss me and my views because they're not good  enough for you.  You have your view about how women should be, and the very women whom you're dealing with you can't be bothered with listening to as you have shown.  I called you out on your bullshit, and you dismissed it by claiming I'm putting words in your mouth, when after stating that I believe in the modern science of birth control you told me that abstinence isn't the answer.

My stance is that we're not barbaric savages anymore.  We have a scientific alternative, and dammit we should use it.  We can make everyone happy in this if you guys would just open your minds for a tiny second here.

God, people on both sides of this piss me off so much...

Darkylighty

You don't get it. Adoption is not an alternative to Abortion, because you force birth. you do not understand pro-choice.

Let's say I am woman, for the shake of this argumentation, I have a foetus in my womb, how can put it for abortion, without having me giving birth to the child, there is no way to do without forcing me to bear it, you say you oppose both pro-life and pro-choice, but your logic is just another pro-life.

Maybe if you have a way to save the live of an unborn child without forcing me to give it birth, that would perfect, but so far, these solution do not exist. except fecondation in vitro,

it is the life of the unborn child we oppose, we oppose the process of giving birth itself.

but let's admit many woman would love to put their child on adoption, since they would only abort if they lack money, how is a system going to be organised ?

Women have the right to make a choice, if they want to do an alternative to abortion they can, but if you really want to reduce the number of abortion, you should look for the cause and expend porverty fighting program

I don't know where you believe adoption is an alternative to abortion..
adoption is an emotionnal subject too, you endure 9 month of pregnancy, plus hours of pain to give your child away... this is a joke.

http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2014/10/20/adoption-universal-alternative-abortion-matter-anti-choicers-say/
http://www.exiledmothers.com/adoption_facts/adoption_vs_abortion.html

I would parental aid from the government a better solution then this.

Rolina

I don't understand either argument, Darky.  I find both to be archaic and barbaric in their stances, and completely ignorant of advancements in science and technology.  Your continued refusal to acknowledge my main point, being BIRTH CONTROL, is proof enough of my views on the barbarism both sides have.

You don't care about logic.  You don't care about women's rights, or you'd understand my right to my own opinions and desire for compromise.  You only care about winning or losing.

Darkylighty

what the hell can I win in this ?
I give up, you will never understand, I tried my best, but it seem you are completly closed from any pro-choice logic

Pro-choice is simple, your body belong to you, do what you want.

I fail to see how abortion are barbaric... today these are a lot safer, and birth are safer too, but they are still painfull, while abortion can be done very soon, like 6 week after impregnation. with next to no damage.

Don't tell me you know right of woman more then me, I simply refer myself to the canadian constitution, which declare the rights of all man and woman valid in Canada, and I believe abortion is a right recognized in a lot of countries,, so ho please,

I think I should give up, I won't succeed in making you understand