News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

To Kill a Something

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 21, March, 2014, 10:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menaus

Quote from: Rolina on 19, October, 2014, 09:01:00 PM
Quote from: Menaus on 17, October, 2014, 06:42:46 PM
All I can say, Darklylight, is that you should learn English better. Right now it is hard to understand what you mean, and it is apparent are misinterpreting some things that Rolina is saying. Until you can reply with coherent English don't think I will debate with you. Nothing against you, but at this point misunderstanding can very easily happen, which results in unnecessary red herrings, and the like.

I will however, say this: You do not understand Rolina's argument, and have misinterpreted what she has said. Also, I have no idea what you are saying either, so perhaps you do understand it and just cannot express your counterargument.
I didn't even realize this was gonna be a place for arguing.  I figured we'd come here, make our views, and acknowledge and accept the views of others without the need for trying to rip them apart.  The fact that it happened to me I find baffling, and just discourages me from bothering to do more threads like this.

Well, I'm sorry if I offended you. I suppose this post was asking for just opinions, and not really debate. I think that makes this topic less interesting. Things should be discussed to come to new interesting conclusions. But I suppose that these forums aren't mature enough for such a socratic debate.

In any case, I would ignore him. There isn't really any reason to discuss anything with him if he wont reasonably discuss it with you. Just makes people angry, and that makes me sad. :(
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Darkylighty

Quote from: Menaus on 21, October, 2014, 08:08:22 PM
Quote from: Rolina on 19, October, 2014, 09:01:00 PM
Quote from: Menaus on 17, October, 2014, 06:42:46 PM
All I can say, Darklylight, is that you should learn English better. Right now it is hard to understand what you mean, and it is apparent are misinterpreting some things that Rolina is saying. Until you can reply with coherent English don't think I will debate with you. Nothing against you, but at this point misunderstanding can very easily happen, which results in unnecessary red herrings, and the like.

I will however, say this: You do not understand Rolina's argument, and have misinterpreted what she has said. Also, I have no idea what you are saying either, so perhaps you do understand it and just cannot express your counterargument.
I didn't even realize this was gonna be a place for arguing.  I figured we'd come here, make our views, and acknowledge and accept the views of others without the need for trying to rip them apart.  The fact that it happened to me I find baffling, and just discourages me from bothering to do more threads like this.

Well, I'm sorry if I offended you. I suppose this post was asking for just opinions, and not really debate. I think that makes this topic less interesting. Things should be discussed to come to new interesting conclusions. But I suppose that these forums aren't mature enough for such a socratic debate.

In any case, I would ignore him. There isn't really any reason to discuss anything with him if he wont reasonably discuss it with you. Just makes people angry, and that makes me sad. :(

My was clear since the beginning, abortion is not murder and is not barbaric,

and this is the debate forum, not the opinion collection.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Actually, once there's life, it is murder... The hard part is knowing when the unborn child has life... (Ex:  If you feel the baby kicking, you can be sure it's alive.)

[/topic]

Not an opinion collection?  Well!  By all means, move this topic somewhere where it can count as an "opinion collection"...!  I'm guessing it'll still have debates, though.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Darkylighty

Quote from: Fox on 21, October, 2014, 10:06:45 PM
Actually, once there's life, it is murder... The hard part is knowing when the unborn child has life... (Ex:  If you feel the baby kicking, you can be sure it's alive.)

[/topic]

Not an opinion collection?  Well!  By all means, move this topic somewhere where it can count as an "opinion collection"...!  I'm guessing it'll still have debates, though.

Heum, Fox, In Canada, there is no law regulating abortion, but such an abortion would be very dangerous for the woman. After 22 week, which is just before the end of the second semesters, very few doctor will give an abortion.

I believe we should let medics and doctors do their jobs, and beside, there is very few abortion in third semester

The hardest part is more knowing when the unborn develop a conscience...

Kain

I see the heat is on in this topic and since someone was so kind as to bring the topic to my attention, implying that I was ignoring it while ignoring the fact I have a life of my own and only RECENTLY came back and have had practically no time to read over everything, this was long overdue.

Now I see this topic has kinda exploded and I see a bit of it has leaked into the c-box.  Normally I'd go guns blazing BUT I am late to this party so I'm only going to say this once.  If this leaks out of this topic again...I see even a MENTION of it elsewhere, or if things explode like they did earlier, I'm locking this down and everyone involved is getting a warning.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Rolina

Eh, I'm just dropping.  It's not worth the effort - if after all that he's still not listening, then no amount of explaining it will do anything.  I'mma do something more fun instead - see you in the entertainment forums.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

What exactly would you be achieving even if he did come to a point of understanding?

But yeah, Kain's back to save the day! (Although, at the current moment, I would prefer the offending posts to be removed then for this topic to be locked, but it's not like this topic is super-important or anything.)

And now for some role-play to bring back the positive side of things... and to re-define what "To Kill a Something" could also mean...

:Isaac: You know, there's one thing that's good about being a silent protagonist! You just simply can't get in trouble! Well, maybe you can, but not because you said something wrong!

:Garet: ...

:Isaac: Looks like you're learning, Garet!

...a conversation/topic killer!
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Luna_blade

Quote from: Fox on 24, October, 2014, 09:59:57 PM
:Isaac: You know, there's one thing that's good about being a silent protagonist! You just simply can't get in trouble! Well, maybe you can, but not because you said something wrong!

That is true.
How about all the monsters/animals that Isaac & Co. slaughter, presuming they kill them?
I guess one has to break the eggs to eat an omelet.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Darkylighty

Quote from: Luna_blade on 25, October, 2014, 05:29:21 AM
Quote from: Fox on 24, October, 2014, 09:59:57 PM

That is true.
How about all the monsters/animals that Isaac & Co. slaughter, presuming they kill them?
I guess one has to break the eggs to eat an omelet.

that is why we have games, not a single animal die in real life there, no problem.