Golden Sun Hacking Community
April 20, 2018, 06:41:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do we have the Luna and Sol Clans? And what are they (in our fanon)?  (Read 2582 times)
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

Coins: 0

« on: April 21, 2014, 06:57:51 AM »

So what's the point of having those clans on the site?  And if I wanted to be part of either or both of them, on what basis would I choose?  On what basis would you choose (Luna vs. Sol)?
View Profile
Luna_blade
The last member of the Luna clan
Luna Clan

Great Member

I am: Timeless. As in, i don't have much free time.

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 07:42:21 AM »

Same as the other clans I guess. Just able to group up with what you like.

Well I think Luna and Sol are derivative from the other clans like this:
 SolVenusMars
The sun having much mass (Venus) and power (Mars)
 LunaMercuryJupiter
The moon being more of a spiritual thing (Jupiter) and changing things (Mercury)

I feel more like a thinker so I choose Luna. (No offense to people who pick Sol)

Also I don't really believe that Luna is evil and Sol is good.

++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 08:17:14 AM »

You can pick one at random, or one by preference.. To me, they are nothing more than a label and access to a private forum... Pretty much. (Atleast until someone decides to give them more meaning.)

I don't think you can join both simultaneously, though. (Or else I would have already done so.)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 08:25:14 AM by Teawater » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 08:33:24 PM »

I like Luna's view.  But then that makes the Luna Clan distinct from the Umbra Clan, which seems to be against all psienergy.  And the Sol Clan seems different from whatever a Light Clan might be, since Light Adepts seem to be created from beast folk and Golden Sun events.

In our new group project, we could create and expand upon these clans, as combinations or offshoots of the previous clans.
View Profile

I am: reading.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 05:43:46 AM »

Shouldn't we have an "Umbra Clan" instead of a "Luna Clan"?  The Umbra Clan was included in GS:DD.
View Profile
Luna_blade
The last member of the Luna clan
Luna Clan

Great Member

I am: Timeless. As in, i don't have much free time.

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 07:15:08 AM »

One thing I know for sure is that the Luna Clan is more tied to Umbra then to my explaination. So they might just be the same (on the forums).

++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 11:37:31 AM »

I don't recall the original rationale, but I know it had to do with DD for sure.   I think we had a choice of an Elemental and a Fundamental clan, so you could both be in Jupiter and Luna if you wanted to.  Still, it's been like, years, and my memory's not to clear on it.  Still, do what you will with them.  It's not like we actually use clans for what they were meant to be.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 12:47:21 PM by Rolina » Logged

View Profile WWW

New User

Coins: 1

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 07:27:58 PM »

Meanwhile, ToK just had them because we're fanon trash. B) Specifically, I am. Or at least, my 15-year-old self was.

I do like Role's theory that each element has a "light" side and a "dark" side, and they change aspects based on which it's tilted towards. If you go by the games... Jupiter and Mars seem to have the most light stuff (Mars Djinn, lasers, Phaeton Blade, etc), whereas Venus has the death stuff, Thorny Grave, masses of shadows, etc.
And of course, as you point out, Dark Dawn brings in Umbra (anti-psynergy and shadows) and light. I think the Dark Dawn systems are perfectly reasonable as well. =o
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 02:04:58 AM »

And then if you look at the classes of GS1/GS2...

The Class type is basically.
Venus
Mars
Venus/Mars + Any element (as separate class types.)
Jupiter
Mercury
Jupiter/Mercury + Any element (as separate class types.)

So I assume Venus/Mars were the "warm" elements, and Jupiter/Mercury were the "cold" elements. (Maybe in comparison to the others when ranking them with-in the same fundament. I ain't thought much about that, though. -- Not sure if that's for all fundaments, or just the neutral one, or what... but it is a theory.)

So like... Sol/Mars could be the hottest possible, and Luna/Mercury the coldest possible? Etc.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 02:29:54 AM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

View Profile

New User

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 03:44:53 AM »

Yeah, I mean, they explicitly talk about that in the games. S&M use the Venus beacons light to recover their power, because Venus and Mars are symbiotic elements. Then, in TLA, the world continually gets colder after lighting Jupiter because Jupiter and Mercury are 'cold' elements. Kraden uses the analogy of blowing on something to cool it down to illustrate this.

Empedocles, the one who coined the classical four elements thing, saw them as combinations of the principles of hot/cold and dry/wet, with each one being a combination of two. Of course, they don't break down as they do in GS, but it's a useful frame of reference.
In the philosophy, fire is hot/dry, earth is cold/dry, air is hot/wet, and water is cold/wet.
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 04:25:43 AM »

That is interesting... isn't it...

Although, the earth and air one might be controversial philosophy depending on certain variables. (Like game rules.)...

Quick trivial examples:

Earth =
-Warmth because it represents the living. (Unless talking about vampires, undeads, etc.)

Air =
-Cold becomes wind breezes make things feel colder.
-I could imagine a world without water could mean the other three elements become "dry"... but that's a theory.
But perhaps air has a certain degree of humidity in it... so therefore works with water? Hm...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 04:37:42 AM by Fox » Logged

View Profile

New User

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 01:28:09 AM »

I think hot+wet comes from a very rudimentary "you heat up water and it becomes air/steam" kind of thing, haha.
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 04:10:44 AM »

Very good point.... But could it be argued that Mars + Mercury/Water = Steam (Wind)

e.g. A quick look-up shows "Fire and Water = Steam" on http://www.dailyhoroscope.com/blog/fire-and-water-steam

It's kinda weird, huh?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:25:15 AM by Fox » Logged

View Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 11:29:46 PM
Atrius: @Fox, I tried, but for some reason Mario Golf won't boot, and Mario Tennis crashes when you patch out the text compression, and I'm not sure why...  The normal text loading functions in them are basically the same as the ones in the Golden Sun games.
April 16, 2018, 07:44:36 AM
Drake baku: So it took about halve a hour of letting my lap stay off for it to suddenly work again
April 16, 2018, 07:31:28 AM
Drake baku: All of a sudden fox his editor gets errors. When trying to start it, thing worked fine yesterday...
April 14, 2018, 01:04:37 PM
Fox: @Mario Golf/text editing = Nope... And it may be awhile yet. I think I looked into it before... (at least for GS1)... but usually is the case when I come across a particular problem, that it can delay a solution for an extremely long time.
April 12, 2018, 04:27:14 PM
KyleRunner: Gee... never used discord...
April 12, 2018, 06:03:23 AM
Drake baku: I take it back, found it
April 12, 2018, 06:02:01 AM
Drake baku: But there is no discord link to be found
April 12, 2018, 06:01:44 AM
Drake baku: Everyone is on discord
April 11, 2018, 09:44:06 PM
KyleRunner: Fox, what about that tool for editing text in Mario Golf? Didi you finish it? If not, can you make a version of gstoolkit compatible with it?
April 11, 2018, 07:41:25 AM
Drake baku: Mauw
March 30, 2018, 07:26:11 PM
Salanewt: Hi!
March 29, 2018, 07:37:45 PM
ThanatosTheDark: YYEEEOOOOOO
March 12, 2018, 02:21:06 AM
Fox: say*
March 12, 2018, 02:20:53 AM
Fox: I saw we need an event this April Fools/Easter... because two holidays are in one, why would we not want to miss having something special? (Unfortunately, there's no one here to make an event be successful.)
March 12, 2018, 02:18:17 AM
Fox: And since that's the case...  I have thought of another fun experiment idea. - What if we had an auction on who should run this site, and waited for 10 people to bid and also for a bare minimum of 24 hours. Who would bid the highest, and how much would that bid be? - The idea is more for lulz (Maybe for April Fools?), and a theory to get an idea of how much the site might be worth as well.
March 11, 2018, 03:02:31 AM
Fox: Creepy, isn't it?
March 10, 2018, 02:19:04 AM
Fox: It's frog legs now.. It's something that's dead, but somehow still manages to wiggle.
March 09, 2018, 04:12:17 AM
JamietheFlameUser: I think this place is still dead.
March 02, 2018, 09:43:18 AM
Pkmn-Master: Lol I haven't been here in like 6 years. How is everyone?
February 26, 2018, 06:15:34 AM
Salanewt: Heads up: I finally finished the Wisp animation hack, and it has been posted in the downloads section.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise