News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun Charity Marathon!

Started by Miva, 28, October, 2014, 10:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neshi

Hey guys! The next part of the run will take place tomorrow (6th December),10am-4pm CST which is 4pm-10pm GMT.

More info here ->  Fundraising page

Watch GS Charity Marathon soon! -> Stream

Hope you will come and cheer us!

Click for more info about Golden Sun Legends!

Miva

Current Times:
Sleeping Seaweed: 6 hours (actual time: 3 hours 14 minutes)
A Toxic Potato: 6 hours
Sagie: 6 hours 17 minutes
Miva: 6 hours 42 minutes
Robert Joe: 7 hours 10 minutes
Catman: 9 hour 30 minutes
Diem: 10 hours 20 minutes

Sleeping Seaweed caught up in a stagering 3 hours 14 minutes, but we're still counting the 1st run as 6 hours unfortunatly, since we took breaks and such as we played. I've no doubt Seaweed will over take us in no time regardless :D
Sagie will start her part of the run in 20 minutes, the rest of us will start in an hour and 20.

Watch us here:
http://multitwitch.tv/miva_sunrise/revyb/AToxicPotato/aeiou_gaming/killercrusher232/soldiem/sleepingseaweed

Miva

Part 2 is done and the eastern sea was challenging for our runners: Sagie, after tackling Gaia Rock twice had to leave after losing her save a second time. Catman bravely charged at the Serpent 3 times before finally overcoming the beast. I got lost at Ankohl Ruins and ran circles around it wasting much time.

These and many other difficulties slowed our movement, but it was well worth it as our donation total went to $433, 86% of our target! And our front runners: Sleeping Seaweed and A Toxic Potato Steamed ahead making it to Jupiter Lighthouse.

Part 3 of our quest will be put on hold as we come up to the Christmas season. We will be completing our mission in January.
Any runners who haven't already made it further will catch up as far as Lemuria and those that are ahead will start from where they are.

Runners: Please fill out this poll to let us know what weekends are good for you. Note:
-Time zones can be selected in the top right, make sure you know what time zone it is showing you.
-Click 'show all 18 options', then type in your name and start filling in which days you can do.
-If you select the (yes) option it will be orange indicating you can make it, but would rather a different slot would be chosen.
Once everyone has filled it in we'll pick the best date between us.
You you will also need to catch up: anyone who hasn't finished Lemuria you need to progress to this point: You should go to Lemuria, do all the cut scenes, leave then re-enter grind the rock to get to Ancient Lemuria, obtain the Djinn there and leave again. You should start from here next time:

New Runners: Same as before you're welcome to join us, but you will need to catch up and time yourself or I can send you my save file and you can pick up from my location with my time (You will also need to donate at least $5 to doctors without boarders).  please get in contact with me if you want to join.

Current Times (and locations):
Sleeping Seaweed: 11 hours 30 minutes (Jupiter Lighthouse) (actual time: 8 hours 45 minutes)
A Toxic Potato: 12 hours (in Jupiter Lighthouse)
Sagie: 7 hours 17 minutes (tackling Aqua Rock)
Miva: 12 hours 42 minutes (part way through Lemuria)
Robert Joe: 13 hours 10 minutes (Tundra Tower)
Catman: 15 hour 30 minutes (On the way to Tundra Tower)
Diem: 16 hours 20 minutes (Ankohl Ruins)

Miva

The first thank you cards are being prepared to be sent today, so if you want one: donate $10 and let me know your address via pm or an email to goldensunriseasmin@gmail.com (if you have already donated that's fine, let me know the name you donated under and your address)

To donate see our fundrasing page: https://www.justgiving.com/GoldenSunrise/

Miva

Hey guys, back again.

We're doing what we hope to be the last part of the run on Saturday the 24th of January (the weekend after next) at 3pm-9pm GMT (9am-3pm CST). There are still cards available to donors. And the place to donate is still www.justgiving.com/GoldenSunrise/

Neshi

The last part of the Run Along is on Saturday the 24th of January at 3pm-9pm GMT (9am-3pm CST).
We still have special cards to donors -> [link].

New runners: You can still join us and it's not too late! All you need to do is get to the same place ( [link] ) and donate $5. Please record your time too so we can add you to the results or if you're not able to catch up, we can send you our save file, just let us know! Your stream will be advertised along side the others.

How you can help:

:idea: You can donate here ->   Fundraising Page
:idea: Reblog info post on tumblr  -> [link]

Hope you will come and cheer us!

Click for more info about Golden Sun Legends!

Miva

Hey guys,

I swear this is the last time I'll pester you with this: We're about to do our final part of the run this weekend!

We've completed 18 hours of the run and now we're moving into the final stage. We're going to complete the run in our last burst to the finish line. We're running on the 14th of March from 10am-4pm CDT (3pm-9pm GMT) or longer or shorter; we're playing until the end! The back runner Diem will begin having just finished Jupiter Lighthouse and obtained the flying boat, as he progressed through the story other runners will join him as he catches up with their location.

We are doing this to raise money for MSF, please donate if you can to this amazing charity. We're currently at 93% of our goal! As ever viewers that donate more than $10 will be sent a specially designed thank you card along with stickers and bookmark to commemorate your contribution if you want one please provide an address via our email goldensunriseasmin@gmail.com your address will not be kept or used for anything else.

Please join us on the day on twitch: http://multitwitch.tv/miva_sunrise/revyb/AToxicPotato/aeiou_gaming/soldiem/sleepingseaweed/

Please, please consider donating what you can by going here: https://www.justgiving.com/GoldenSunrise