News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Editing "Call" Psynergy

Started by Mion Sonozaki, 16, November, 2014, 04:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mion Sonozaki

How would one edit the "Call" Psynergy, which monster is spawned?

For example, instead of Call Zombie, it's Call Fire Djinn.

I remember seeing info about it awhile ago, but cannot seem to find it anymore.

Misery

If you're okay with a quick n' dirty way of doing it, you can change the sprite of the monster the psy calls. As in selecting a different sprite for that monster, not editing the actual sprite. Apparently the call psynergies are tied to a monster index and not a sprite index, and will use whatever sprite that monster uses.

If you want to create new call psynergy without changing the old ones, or just want a more elegant solution... you'll probably have to wait for an answer from the site's ASM wizards.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteASM wizards.
:thought bubble: (Or Kings!)

We three kings, are holy and wise... (Atrius, me, and Salanewt.)

Quoteyou'll probably have to wait for an answer
Unless the answer has already been posted elsewhere? It feels like something I might have recorded somewhere.... but I just don't know where...  so can't say for sure. Ofcourse, I could be mixed up with something else...

*Looks through doc*

Quote0811E402 = List ; Ability Transformations/Morphs, Abilities 600 - 631
Hmm... Doesn't look like I went into much detail.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Yes, bow to His Sexiness, Lord Squirtle; mighty in magic, code, and lust! Mwahahaha! :D

And whoops, Lishy asked me about this on Skype but I totally forgot to try searching for either "morph" or "transform" earlier; I tried a number of other terms though. Just added them to the document to make finding it easier to find. Thanks for finding it for him!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Misery

Sorry for always forgetting about those notes... well, at least when I'm not trying to do stuff myself, which i rarely am nowadays. But to be fair, that entry wasn't particularly clear.

I deem my knowledge of assembly to be sufficient that I can use the word "wizard" ironically.

Lord Wolfram

Quote from: Lord Squirtle on 18, November, 2014, 11:57:00 AM
Yes, bow to His Sexiness, Lord Squirtle; mighty in magic, code, and lust! Mwahahaha! :D
Hey hey you are not the only Lord here.
Well I am not ASM wizard but I know other staff about pc...
Anyways if you are still wandering than there is good old text editor...
you can edit text command and replace monster sprite data etc to summoned monster.

Misery

Quote from: Fox on 18, November, 2014, 08:17:55 AM
Quote0811E402 = List ; Ability Transformations/Morphs, Abilities 600 - 631
Hmm... Doesn't look like I went into much detail.

So how does this data work? I was expecting a simple list of monster IDs, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

It's code, and it's like a Select Case / switch on the abilities 600 - 631, as you can see by the pointer list at 0811E418. I'm guessing each point to code that is for monster IDs?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)