Golden Sun Hacking Community
October 17, 2017, 10:13:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleep  (Read 3241 times)
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« on: March 13, 2015, 04:44:59 PM »

This topic is here to discuss how many hours of sleep you people often get. Pretty much, when do you go to sleep, and when do you wake up. (For example, do you have a curfew, and do you abuse it?)

(This topic is not to be confused with the topic called Dreams.)

For me, I usually try to sleep when I want to, there's no real defined sleeping period. And the numbers of hours I get may vary, but at least there are times when I do get enough sleep, at least... :)
I probably get more when sleeping during night than during day, though? (Due to certain, ahem... distractions...)

---
I do feel that if you can do anything for your health, though, that sleep should be the very first thing to pay attention to:
-Immune System & Life expectency

--

So, to recap on the question, how many hours are we (the Community) getting, and when? - And as a bonus question: What do you do to help you sleep, if anything? (Ex: Avoid blue light, sleep medication, exercise, foods/drinks like tart cherry juice, etc.)

(Might make this a Power topic because it's a basic personality thing.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:11:58 PM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...
*Cross my fingers and hope we have Big Brother All-Stars next year... with Paulie & Cody Califorie(sp?)... and Vanessa & Tiffany Rousso.... Would be fun? :P Especially if one of the boys got evicted early since there's usually some all-guy alliance in there, right?
View Profile
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

Coins: 1

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 01:32:15 AM »

I fall into bad hapbits of going to bed late, for years I stayed up to 2am at least everynight, even if i had work or school the next day, for a few months there I was going well and kinda got outa it and I felt fresh as expected but its half 1am now so its slipping back into it. Yesterday I was up to half 5. literally doing nothing

To help me get to sleep I put one earphone in and stick on a podcast

Either

Nintendo voice chat
Giant bombcast
IGN UK podcast
Podcast Beyond
etc etc

View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 04:27:39 AM »

I could also suggest stuff from Dr. Oz. - If you're tired, it may be worth getting a 10 minute nap... But if you get a few hours and wake up, it's like jumping off a rollar coaster. (Or something.)

And yeah, I also cheated sleep with grade school back then as well... Could go 2 days + night (~36 hours) without sleep sometimes. (The most I recall ever doing was probably 3 days + 2 nights... but it's extremely rare and it feels like a long time ago that I can't be sure anymore? I probably only went that far maybe once(?), I'm guessing... chances are, I probably had some micro-sleeps.. (You know you can actually sleep for just a few seconds, right?)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:50:09 AM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...
*Cross my fingers and hope we have Big Brother All-Stars next year... with Paulie & Cody Califorie(sp?)... and Vanessa & Tiffany Rousso.... Would be fun? :P Especially if one of the boys got evicted early since there's usually some all-guy alliance in there, right?
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 07:02:22 PM »

Usually I get 7-8 hours, but after getting sick, getting slammed with allergies, and then getting hit with a cracked rib, my body's all "Screw it", and now I typically get 9-10.  I suppose my body needs it to help heal. :/

View Profile WWW
roger
the blind-oriented developer
Jupiter Clan

Coins: 3

I am: chillin'

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 07:14:36 PM »

I sleep pretty much from 10 pm to 7 am every day. Sometimes I'll push myself further out.

There are times I've had panic attacks about issues in my personal life, and that can lead to sleepless nights.

View Profile WWW
Knight of Purgatory
The Infernal King
Venus Clan

Join the Dark Side... FOR COOKIES

Coins: 1

I am: Selling evil cookies

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 01:07:44 AM »

During the weekdays, i sleep 2-3 hours a day. While in the weekends it goes from 6-8 i think. Not that I have a problem sleeping. I just choose not to sleep as much. If anything I fall asleep too easily, specially if boring things are happening

MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES
View Profile

Coins: 0

I am: reading.

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 11:49:05 PM »

About 7 to 8 hours on a good night.
View Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 09:57:26 AM
AZVRE: Im pretty okay, what about you?
Yesterday at 01:17:14 AM
Fox: I think the nine is doing a cirno on me, though... Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
Yesterday at 01:12:20 AM
Fox: onesixtwo*
Yesterday at 01:12:00 AM
Fox: Okay... Meanwhile... ah... 162 being a number that has made itself known to me.... I look at the relationships of the numbers.... 162  1+6+2 = 9 ; onesizetwo = alphabetical order = 9 characters ; Distance apart analysis: os = 4 = 1[6][2] , st = 1 = [1]6[2] , ot = 5 = [1][6]2 ; ost = original sound track?
October 15, 2017, 06:31:17 PM
AZVRE: ah okay :D i thought i caused some trouble
October 14, 2017, 07:49:16 AM
Fox: Oh i know... You were messing with yours, and the description says mine. It's kind of a funny bug. :P
October 13, 2017, 08:18:31 PM
AZVRE: I did not edit your profile tho. Just to erase that confusion ^^"
October 12, 2017, 04:49:56 AM
Fox: e.g. this art = http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/Themes/Jupiter/images/catbg.gif (etc.)
October 12, 2017, 04:48:58 AM
Fox: I have a question: Where did the art for the headers come from? (Like the backgrounds to each of these things... "Affiliates", etc... Asking just incase it inspires me to do something... but if Charon made it, then that's cool too.
October 11, 2017, 04:23:02 AM
FoxWas thinking about having something for the editor anniversary, but I believe I had to change my mind....
October 10, 2017, 12:58:36 PM
Fox: That's alright. ;       @AZVRE's profile: "Current Activity:  Editing the profile of Fox." ...Eh... That looks weird.
October 07, 2017, 11:45:16 PM
Atrius: Sorry about that, the auto bot detection is still working, but it also requires an admin to visit the site regularly.
October 04, 2017, 04:17:40 AM
Fox: Yeah, it does bring a small amount of activity. Not good quality activity, but it's still activity, nonetheless.  Now if we can get them to randomly post pictures and vdeios!
October 04, 2017, 02:10:48 AM
Majora: If nothing else, I like how they're copying the content of real posts at random. Interesting to see how they adapt to seem more authentic
October 03, 2017, 08:29:38 PM
Fox: medico6601 = Most likely another bot. :(
September 26, 2017, 03:32:24 PM
Fox: by ten* Excuse me.
September 26, 2017, 03:32:12 PM
Fox: Oh yes... Also multiply all levels by two. (So actually, an adept will have levels of 54, 3, 2, and 1, rather than 5, 0, 0, 0.... if going by those.)
September 26, 2017, 03:29:07 PM
Fox: ...I mean the theory also saves space on the Status Screen.
September 26, 2017, 03:26:11 PM
Fox: Random/fun concept theory: What if we got rid of ePow/eRest, and just made eLevel do everything. :P (A process of cleaning stuff up... Though, could make things less versatile. - Like, if a Djinni add 1 eLevel = Okay, that's understood... by why specifically +5 on the ePow/eRes (Rhetorical))
September 23, 2017, 04:42:08 AM
Fox: Oh nevermind, it does... but I swear I saw that a minute ago.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise