Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 16, 2018, 01:45:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Poll
Question: WHich game should we hack next?
Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons (alternating between the two) - 0 (0%)
Shadow Run - 0 (0%)
Soul Blazer - 0 (0%)
Sword of Mana (or related game) - 0 (0%)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - 0 (0%)
Sonic Advance 2 - 0 (0%)
Mario Party Advance - 0 (0%)
Lunar Legend (Please specify) - 0 (0%)
Other - 3 (100%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Game To Hack Next?  (Read 3260 times)
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« on: October 07, 2009, 12:49:00 AM »

Hello everyone. As some of you might know, there are a few of us working on hacking Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, and we currently reside at Yoshi's Lighthouse. Anyway, once we have everything in this game discovered and out of the way (including a main editor, map editing, and able to edit graphics more easily), then we are going to start with a new game.

Please note that it will probably be a while before we start hacking any other game than Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.

The reason why I am putting the poll here is because there are more people here than at Yoshi's Lighthouse.

Edit: Hello everyone! The poll has been finalized, so... It looks like (in a while) Final Fantasy Tactics Advance will be first to work on, as well as (at around the same time) the two Zelda games.

Have a nice day.
 Mercury Djinni Set  Mercury Djinni  

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Oct 19 2009, 09:13 PM

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 01:06:00 AM »

You know, this may be a hard-vote so I won't vote YET, however, I'm feeling more for the Zelda games at the top of the list, it'd be pretty much interesting if we could figure out how those passwords work. (Think of it like the Gold Password in Golden Sun.)

Also a note: I have not beaten those Zelda games, and I probably only played the first tid bit in my whole life.

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Oct 6 2009, 08:08 PM

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 01:14:00 AM »

Okay, sounds good. There is no particular time for the ability to vote in this poll to end (well, until this place becomes an archive), so you can take your time to choose.

I would have chosen the Zelda games as well if it weren't for some of the interesting things that are in Shadow Run.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Sajin
The one who stole your Gold
Venus Clan

Coins: 0

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 03:44:00 PM »

Hmm...Very interesting poll...I voted for FFTA but hacking the GB Zeldas also sounds VERY fun...
Since you asked for reasons I'll say that hacking the maps and the jobs or even create more jobs would very cool. But from what I know Salanewt isn't a Final Fantasy fan so it's pretty complicated to explain my reasons. (Since I am a Final Fantasy (and Square Enix's other RPG's) fan since I played my first final fantasy game...)
View Profile
weckar
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »

I voted MPA, because it will be a completely different game for you!

Also: "The reason why I am putting the poll here is because there are more people here than at Yoshi's Lighthouse." There are less-populated boards than ours?
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »

Yes there are, such as my board (which welcomes out newest member today or yesterday).

Yeah, I agree that Mario Party Advance will be a bit different than many other games, even moreso than the rest of the options. However, I stick with Shadow Run for now (wow, each game either has one vote or none at all).

Have a nice day.

Hm... Speaking of Mario, I now have a good idea for Superstar Saga...

View Profile WWW
Lv11
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 06:17:00 AM »

FFTA could definitely use some tweaks and re-balances.  Game needs to be harder in general, enemy AI could be a lot better, etc.
I don't really feel like going into specifics but if you've played FFTA enough to master all of the classes you probably know what I'm talking about.
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »

Yeah, I have played it. In fact, I have played all of these games, and own them. Anyway, I am sure that if a Final Fantasy Tactics Advance editor were to be made, then we would be able to do many interesting things.

However, my vote is still for Shadow Run, although I think that I might be one of the few people here to have played it.

Have a nice day.

I would have added games like Game & Watch Gallery 4 and the Simpsons Road Rage, but I do not think that those are very good choices, considering one of them is just several games, and the other one is about the Simpsons and driving problems... You can see why I chose most of these other ones.

Also, Mario Party has mostly games, but... Well, I suppose it would be interesting enough.

Edit: I never noticed your post sajin. One of the reasons why I chose for Final Fantasy Tactics advance to be on the poll is because there is job, map, and item editing (I want to make some otems give one ro two enemy only abilities), but also to add character cameos.

I want to eventually get around to editing most of these games, but I know that this will be some time, especially since I am working on hacking Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Oct 9 2009, 06:55 AM

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »

FFTA to Smash Bros. RPG would be interesting. I don't like Final Fantasy much, but this would be the best option for a Smash Bros. RPG, due to large party sizes, and large number of characters in general. Mogknight = Pika Knight? Naw, best keep the Moogles.

Edit: Also, REMOVE THE JUDGE. I HATE THE LAW SYSTEM. Or, just remove the carding system, and make him remove JP instead of sending you to jail.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Oct 9 2009, 01:56 PM

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »

Well, I like that system a tiny bit. However, the amount of laws to follow near the end is kind of stupid (3 laws???), so maybe it can be made so the laws are different. I remember having Marche unable to do anything because he uses two blades...

I made him a Ninja, gave him the double weapon ability, and then switched him over to Fighter and gave him really strong blades. He can hit into the hundreds easily.

As for Moogles, I am not sure if I will keep them, since I am still planning on keeping the Vieras (women who look like bunnies, if you get the strange reference).

Wow, I am surprised that this many people voted for Final Fantasy. However, I suppose that we have to wait until this place is an archive before the votes will be finalised.

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 07:46:00 PM »

The role of the Viera is effectively nullified by the role of Lucario or Shiek. However, Moogles have to stay. Gunners for the Win! Oh yeah, and Time Mages. Why? Because of Meteor.

However, in Final Fantasy I find it unreasonably difficult to figure out what weapon type a weapon is. Oh, and as for the "no blades" thing, just make him a Ninja and spam all those 4 MP Ninjutsu skills. Or make Marche a Mage-type class. That would be interesting. However, you'd need to start him as a Mage early on so that he gets the Mage MP growths.

Speaking of MP, It'd be a good idea to change MP to SP if we are going to do a Brawl RPG.

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »

Golden Sun characters can summon Meteor.

Fox/Falco can use blasters, and Snake can use a real gun (I think).

Have a nice day.

However, it might be hard to base this off of Brawl.

The problem with making him a Ninja is that the Ninjas tend to have weak abilities, so I let Marche just use techniques instead. Besides, I normally have a few people with me anyway.

Also, it turns out that there is a Nu Mou (strange names!!!) class, I forget which one, but you can have a primary and secondary set of abilities plus the ability to use items.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »

FFTA, onegai.

Why?  Because we can hack it to become GSTA.  How cool would that be?

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »

FFTA, onegai.

Why?  Because we can hack it to become GSTA.  How cool would that be?
It sounds very cool. Anyway, I thought you were Anti-Final Fantasy (but I understand your reason for voting for it.

Anyway, it would be nice to have a Golden Sun based hack. I myself am planning on something similar to this.

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 11:01:00 PM »

Oh yes, it does seem like it could very well work for Golden Sun.

The judge should look like Alex, or even The Wise One, lol.

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
Yesterday at 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
Yesterday at 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
Yesterday at 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:15 PM
Fox: 0200274C = Hmm... Stuff happens here when you use Cyclone around bushes. (These cause tile replacements, and setting event 0 to those tiles.) - And I guess this kept here so it can be scanned after battle. (To re-update the map.) So here is my fun thought (assuming if it is even possible, or even convenient if so.) ... Are there any events from other maps that could be disabled do to using Cyclone on bushes + Retreat glitch? I'll need to do some testing to make sure this isn't an oversight on my
January 09, 2018, 08:09:26 PM
Fox: And the chance for a Djinni battle is 50%.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise