Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 21, 2018, 12:31:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Project ??? -> overworld map  (Read 4101 times)
dive_darkness
Full of ideas, and prone to help if you don't need it.

Coins: 0

« on: February 16, 2016, 06:52:49 PM »

Based on the one seen in Lemuria. Will add the rivers later. Then I'll color the lands. Also twice makes a better place to talk about the map and GS2's geography than the story thread.

Some elements don't appear on the map seen in Lemuria. They are respectively Izumo and Apojii. All the others can be seen.

Ps: please don't mind the construction lines.

* image.jpg (2336.31 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 292 times.)

"I was sitting in the library when my stomach suddenly decided to demonstrate a whale's mating sound."
View Profile
Luna_blade
The last member of the Luna clan
Luna Clan

Great Member

I am: Timeless. As in, i don't have much free time.

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 08:43:35 PM »

This is some great stuff.

I made an ancient Weyard map a year ago with Paint.net, but I have a feeling yours is going to be better.

++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
View Profile
dive_darkness

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 09:00:18 PM »

Haha, paint don't compare to my pencil power !!!

Also I looked at it already. Good stuff to help me put the main places at the right location. I also used it to help with the shape of the crescent-like huge continent.

"I was sitting in the library when my stomach suddenly decided to demonstrate a whale's mating sound."
View Profile
dive_darkness

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 04:59:04 PM »

Small update to the map. Did do the rivers first finally. Red dots are the important places for alchemy (lighthouses, Aleph, Air's rock, aqua rock and Gaia rock). Haven't placed magma yet because I'm not really sure where to place it for now. Pink dots are the towns/cities I know where they are precisely. It can be hard to distinguish pink from red though >< I'll replace the pink by purple later.

Deserts are placed, karagol too, some mountain ranges when I knew where to place them.

* image.jpg (2210.2 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 289 times.)

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 05:44:17 PM »

Looks like a pretty good start! Did Vale exist pre-alchemy seal, or is that a different town? Just curious.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
dive_darkness

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 06:11:50 PM »

I thought it exists. It's one of the few places where there are adepts left, so I think yes. (Very few other adepts in other cities. None in Tolbi for exemple. Nor xian, Kolima, Bilibin or any other town like that. Comparatively, it must be old. (and sol sanctum was built out of nowhere too, so people lived there before.)

View Profile
dive_darkness

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 09:23:26 PM »

Zoom on Lemuria, Apojii and Izumo. These regions count a lot of relatively flat lands. No real mountain ranges, just a few heights following the volcanic lines in the underground.

The city of Lemuria, which gave it's name to the island, is the one northeast. It is separated in two: the old town and the new town. The new one is on the east side of the bay, the old town on the west. Boats entered the bay and took the great stairs, or entered the great canal south and got into the underground port. The entrance into the cave were always done by a Lemurian Captain, and they always kept the path a secret. This is the only reason that Kept Lemuria from being attacked directly and dragged into a war. The stairs are too hard to climb for a whole army, climbing the cliffs wasn't an option, and the Port was the only way for warships to enter. But, pirates' assaults on their ships happened regularly.

Izumo has always been an isolated place. They are allied with Ankhol, and it is said that their warriors were some of the strongests. It is ruled by an emperor, who reigns on Izumo and apojii.

Apojii is a Province of Izumo. It consists mainly of Fishermans and artisans of the wood.

* image.jpg (2742.6 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 285 times.)

View Profile
Luna_blade
Luna Clan

Great Member

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 10:48:25 PM »

Great job!

++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
View Profile
dive_darkness

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 11:30:50 AM »

Worked a bit on giving a less "empty" look to the map. (Mainly adding blue everywhere, lol.) give colors to a few more little islands. Added the "deep see cliff" to the big continent (see if you find it) and the "coral circle" (that one's easy to find).
I added those with an idea of maybe having:
- deep see cliff: an optional boss to help the port town that will be there.
- coral circle: you'd have two visits of aqua rock. First gives "Parch", second gives "dive" (no relation with my pseudo). "Dive" is exactly what it means: you can dive in certain spots. Just thought it was a good idea and added them.
They're both just ideas, but I still added them.

* image.jpg (2368.92 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 227 times.)

View Profile
Luna_blade
Luna Clan

Great Member

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 08:33:17 PM »

Happy Yay an update!

View Profile
dive_darkness

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »

Thx luna ^^ the only post since saturday ><

Ok, on another note: all the north part is done. As you can probable guess, Mt Aleph is in the morts part of the world. Yup. It's the same in the GS and GS:TLA
Also added the mountains in the south part of the crescent. Will color the forests/plains later.

Also: in the north, light green is used for thundra. There's practically no grass there. I just didn't want to let the north blank >< and didn't have other colors. Sorry.

* image.jpg (2496.76 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 219 times.)

View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 05:53:26 PM »

buen trabajo! tienes pensado pasarlo al juego de alguna forma?
View Profile
dive_darkness

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 08:54:07 PM »

No idea if i understood your question right, but yup, I'd like to make out of all this work.

And thanks!

View Profile
dive_darkness

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 05:37:14 PM »

Another update !

The South Tip of the continent is done. The oceans have their definitive shapes and sizes.
I tried to add filters on the pic, because, well, it's hard to differentiate the light-blue from the darker one.
The worst part comes now: still haven't figured out where precisely I'll put the mountains. Will put them in place tomorrow or Saturday.

Not much to say, here you go !

* image.jpg (2341.33 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 225 times.)

View Profile
Luna_blade
Luna Clan

Great Member

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2016, 06:40:04 AM »

Amazing!

View Profile
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
January 17, 2018, 04:07:51 PM
KyleRunner: :D
January 16, 2018, 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise