News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun Plus: The Lost Age

Started by GamingMaster, 19, July, 2016, 08:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GamingMaster

hey y'all! im pretty sure as a modder or someone curious that we're all aware of unused psynergy hidden within the game's code as well as unobtainable items. my mods brings all hidden psynergy as native or within-class psynergy and also enables you to purchase most GS1 exclusive items such as aura gloves, gaia blades, and useless items for the heck of it like a dragon's eye. the game itself has not changed and this mod only adds more stuff u normally are not able to use or access.

GS TLA Plus changelog:
shops updated to have rare items, more exclusive weapons and armors for shops coming soon
rusty items, more consumables, forgeables, and stat boosting added to some shops
psynergys are now class based except confuse
can wear whatever armor your heart desires

patches used for this mod
1999>9999 patch
compass utilities patch
camera rotation patch
blacksmith text fix patch
humble hover patch
KO compatible Lull patch
unlimited Reflux patch

thread of patches link:http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
Golden Sun Plus v1 ips link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Fhi2GjgMmtTExsWnlEdWt5cEU
Golden Sun: The Lost Age Plus v2  ips link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Fhi2GjgMmtNG5PdnYyLUpaMnc

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Sounds cool... But psynergy like the Cloak is useless in GS2,... and only has like two or so usable places in GS1... unfortunately.

Quote(guys dont where dresses.)
Sure they do! If they are into cosplay. ;)

Making IPS files is easy. The key is to find a program that does it for you.  Google for Lunar IPS or something,.... and give it your unmodified ROM and your modified ROM... it should spit out the patch....  I could recommend looking into UPS or BPS if you prefer other patch formats. (i.e. IPS may not be backwards compatible (two-way / patch/unpatch) , while one or both of those might be b/c of xor.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

GamingMaster

oooohhhh thx a bunch ill start makin it and update the main thread btw i forgot about cloak but as long as utility items r in ur inventory ill be there

Aile~♥

You do know that the Charm and Confuse effects don't do anything when targeting enemies, right? They still act as normal. When a player character is afflicted with them, you can't give them commands in combat, but enemies afflicted with them are still able to take actions normally.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

GamingMaster

u sure bout charm? i used it and it said someone's heart has been stolen! or something like that. idk bout confuse. either way the plus mod's goal is to add hidden psynergys and make unusable and useless items obtainable. ie.aura gloves is gs1 exclusive but u can now buy it etc. even if it doesnt work its there for the heck of it.

Aile~♥

Charm and Confuse cause a status effect that doesn't actually do anything when targeting an enemy because the AI changes they were supposed to cause were never coded.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Sweet, another hack coming out? I'm looking forward to it! I feel I should note that there's an animation overhaul patch if you want to try adding new stuff, with the main downside being that you then have to put all the effort in to correct animation assignments yourself.

Pretty much what Jamie said, yeah. The only thing they actually do to players is done through the same code that makes Sleep and Stun disable move selection, but othewise none of the AI stuff is set up for them yet. I have a WIP patch on my desktop somewhere if you want me to post it, but it's unfinished and also a little broken from what I remember.

Reflect is in the same boat in that it also does nothing. No WIP patch for that unfortunately.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

GamingMaster

reflect has been fixed already. a djinn called reflux uses the counterattack effect. reflect uses (reflect) and i switched it so it works fine now. ill look into confuse. btw a 3rd patch might surface...

GamingMaster

1 more thing is anyone able to teach me how to add icons to items and abilities

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

GamingMaster

very helpful thank you so much.

GamingMaster

<deleted>

GamingMaster

after so long, im back with fixing the game. i started from scratch and strictly based off of caledor's mod. i think i used other patches which broke the text. its almost ready for rerelease plus a new joke set (not like a joke weapon but a full set ;) ) expect it early this week

GamingMaster

in case ur wondering as to why ive been acting weird and have been taking down nearly everything, it is simply because it is not fair to release something broken. therefore, i started over for the third time and have abandoned caledor's mod (it was great but somehow broke the game). as a result please head over to here (http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2771.0)