News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Intellect Stat Rebalance (GS2)

Started by Salanewt, 28, September, 2016, 02:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

That's the main thing with enemies. Though, in this case you can also apply a resistance effect to equipment and that basically works the same as the luck stat did before for players. Enemies are the other problem, since you need to edit their elemental tables if you want them to resist stuff better. The plus side with that is they aren't capped to 15 eLevels like the player characters are, and there's also another patch that makes balancing ailment stuff a lot easier because you can hand pick which effects they are immune or vulnerable to.

I should probably mention that control doesn't exactly become more effective on you unless the attacking enemy has a higher eLevel with the element they are currently using (such as most late-game bosses). Which reminds me that I have no idea how a non-elemental ailment ability would work with the formula...

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Caledor

In the end i think i'll stick with my system... i'd rather compromise on the intellect stat rather than on luck... moreover i already removed elemental levels from all the debuff related functions. And i must say i'm pretty fond of the boost PP-increasing bonuses received as a side effect of the PP multiplier patch.

Salanewt

Makes sense. It really depends on how you see the game's core mechanics working when balanced appropriately (however one defines that). For someone who doesn't care about a Luck stat at all, then this could work. For someone who doesn't even see psynergy as a traditional magic system, then it might be inferior to the default or at least be seen as pointless. So on and so forth!

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?