News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Trump-bait / The Presidential Debate

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 19, October, 2016, 11:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think should win the election?

Neither one? Let's start over! (Most obvious answer.)
1 (25%)
Hillary Clinton
0 (0%)
Both both both! I love them to death! They should be king and queen. (Even if that makes them cheaters.)
1 (25%)
Neither one? Let's start over! (Most obvious answer.)
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

charon the ferryman

The media has dissolved into a complete @#$%&*! joke at this point,.

Yahoo's having a meltdown right now because trump refuses to suck up to the press (probably because they're being over vigilant cocksuckers and are peddling towards the "EW WE DON'T LIKE TWUMP" demoraphic right now).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-reporters-worry-about-trump-ditching-his-press-pool-173416077.html

baw

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/9f9fc1d7-993d-3f27-8820-2364e1c85bd6/ss_this-professor-predicted.html

baw

and of course 9/10 hillary supporters I know are @#$%&*! losing their minds right now. Some are saying they want to go to canada or have california secede (lololol), some are going to protests and having to tell others "not to be violent", or even the safety pin things (confirming that they are, indeed, man-babies).

What makes me laugh though is that it really exposes them for how truly useless they really are. Now, I feel the same way about conservatives for the same reasons, but finally having the liberal side exposed as well makes me feel oh-so-good right now. Both groups are full of arrogant morons who think they know everything and think the only way they can improve their lives is by VOTING. It makes me cringe to think that they really believe they are that powerless - this isn't @#$%&*! north korea goddammit

The big one I'm seeing now is "Baw baw baw climate change baw baw" and I'm just like, hey, retard, if you

1. tried investing in electronic car technology
2. STOP PROTESTING NUCLEAR FUEL THE LITERAL SAFEST AND MOST SUSTAINABLE FORM OF POWER AVAILABLE TO US

Then maybe you could get @#$% done. Hell, you would be more useful as a lobbyist than just some retarded college student complaining about how shitty the world is.

These people actually @#$%&*! believe that the LITERAL ONLY THING they can do is vote 1 out of 365 days a year. No wonder they hate entrepreneurs and will flag anyone as "racist" who doesn't agree with them. How @#$%&*! pathetic.

tl;dr:

libbies right now

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

@Steak: Sounds like extremely unreliable click-bait to me... I would like my steak "well-done" as well.. (If I was still eating it. ( RIP ~2009--ish?))  my mother would too. (I think my father would go for more of a ~medium-well..) The worst possible way is simply not even cooking it, and getting food-borne illness. No better yet, claiming that well done is the worst possible way may be worse than that. :P

And yeah... rioting about who's the president because you didn't get your president... simply proves the person rioting shouldn't even get close to being in power for not knowing how to make smart decisions.... Which means the president himself could possibly be better than them. (Or maybe not. As I'm just simply trying to make a point... That's up for anyone's interpretation....) - I am not sure if I should actually be categorizing conservative/liberal/etc. that way, or if I should be simply putting everyone from those groups in a single category. "man-babies", as you say.... I'm guessing it'll come up in every large group that is made at some point.... (Who knows.)

We need people like Rosa Parks... who will actually do something instead of hope for others to be the one... If one really wants to make the world a better place, there's already way more you can do then ruining it by complaining about rioting over who's the president... (And it is only four years. :P)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Luna_blade

Quote from: Seto Kaiba on 17, November, 2016, 09:22:52 AM
2. STOP PROTESTING NUCLEAR FUEL THE LITERAL SAFEST AND MOST SUSTAINABLE FORM OF POWER AVAILABLE TO US
Totally triggered.
The rest of your post is a good point, but I don't live in the states and am not to well in informed.

The safest and most sustainable form of power for almost every place in the world is solar energy and waterpower.
Waterpower easily solves all energy problems, if countries would just put their resources together.
(I am mostly referring to wave and tidal energy, since most conventional forms of waterpower are already being used)

Sure we can use Nuclear power as a sort of transition but yeahh...
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Yeah... I think I like the solar/water concept... Although, I might also add wind power as well. But there's clearly lots of water we have on the planet that we can obviously predict better than solar/wind, right? Or no? (Sun hides behind clouds/it may not always be windy outdoors (And wind isn't always nice to have... like in the cold), you can grab a bucket of water and have yourself a day.)

Next thing you know... The world's humidity doubles. :D (Kind of jokingly / we do know the sun is already evaporating a lot of water by itself...)

@tides: Think that might be called...

QuoteLUNAR ENERGY
HARNESSING TIDAL POWER
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

charon the ferryman

Quote from: Luna_blade on 17, November, 2016, 03:14:36 PM
Quote from: Seto Kaiba on 17, November, 2016, 09:22:52 AM
Totally triggered.
The rest of your post is a good point, but I don't live in the states and am not to well in informed.

The safest and most sustainable form of power for almost every place in the world is solar energy and waterpower.
Waterpower easily solves all energy problems, if countries would just put their resources together.
(I am mostly referring to wave and tidal energy, since most conventional forms of waterpower are already being used)

Sure we can use Nuclear power as a sort of transition but yeahh...

http://environment-ecology.com/energy-and-environment/100-hydropower-and-the-environment.html

http://www.solarpoweristhefuture.com/problems-with-solar-energy.shtml

Tl;dr - nuke power is MUCH cheaper, more compact, much safer, requires less enviorment impact and doesn't have to relocate people. I agree that it's a transitional fuel but that's the thing - options are currently limited and it's the most flexible option. Remember - higher costs could increase social burden and harm society far more than its benefit.

I'm more triggered by hippie retards than anything else. They protest it mainly because they don't understand the full picture.

Menaus

Oh, I know!

Since we're having all these riots and mass protests we should have a foreign government come in, arm and train the populace, and then instigate a civil war to topple dictator Trump and put Hillary in as president.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

As a joke. YES!

But as something serious, probably not... Too many casualties overtop the ones we already have...

Try that with Johnson, maybe. There will probably still be casualties, but we can at least say he was the least hated of the three, right?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

charon the ferryman

If Jill took the Johnson Pill, and put the good seal on the right bill, then place her silly throne on a hill, then maybe she could be a real deal. And then again, I'm just filling in poetry....  :P

But yeah... Starting to think we could create a song now, haha.

Obama, Obama, where's your Mama? Join him while he has some drama.
Trump, trump, he's such a lump... join him while he takes a dump.
Hillary, Hillary, full of liary, join her while she's writing her diary.

Erm... Would prefer that it was a little more positive, though... (While also being interesting as above.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Luna_blade

Quote from: Seto Kaiba on 17, November, 2016, 06:02:42 PM
http://environment-ecology.com/energy-and-environment/100-hydropower-and-the-environment.html
Yeah well this kind of hydropower that utilizes dams (actually the cheapest and most reliable form) was what I meant with:
Quotesince most conventional forms of waterpower are already being used)
There are literally a handfull of spots that don't have a dam already.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

charon the ferryman

Yes, but hydroelectric dams have disadvantages that make them not suitable. They require a ton of work to build, they cause tremendous damage to the environment around them and of course you have to deal with the risk of the dam breaking and killing tons of people and causing billions in damage. Just because a dam could be put there doesn't mean that it's a good idea. Also, some places that look like they would be a good place for a dam simply are not. I'm not an expert on these things, but I know that spamming dams is not the solution, especially considering that nuclear power is far more compact and more efficient anyways.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

charon the ferryman

I had to do an assignment using CNN today. It was depressing seeing just how like 50% of the articles were either some sort of liberal bait or them bitching about how much they don't like trump. No less than 8 political articles I saw, with only one about the plane crash that killed all the football players in south america, and only 2 on the wildfire that killed people in Tennessee.

this election has really opened my eyes to how depressing the state of the @#$%&*! news media is

Yeah, apparently most news media end up being Democratic... I remember some even like to wear dresses that match the color of their party. (At least around election time.)
News media people are often young as well? Aren't they? (Not always.... There are some who are quite old.)

Just for fun, but anyone betting on the increase in price for tech during Trump's presidency? (From "bringing jobs back"...)  No idea...
Quote from: cnn"If [Trump's] goal is to bring back manufacturing jobs, he can. But they won't be the same jobs we lost," Scissors says. It would also have "painful side effects" like higher prices for American consumers.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

charon the ferryman

The political climate is basically like Venus right now - hot, oppressively dense, unable to breathe and kills all hope within minutes of landing. Wonderful.

zman9000

People are acting like they have been flung into another parallel world, when its still the same one, they just have been blind to it. and that's everyone right now. even the people saying people are overreacting. its always been this way, we just weren't aware to what extent...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

If they think Trump is worth rioting about... just wait until... until the 10 toes form. (Well, it's figurative I believe... but umm... you can ignore this....)

But anyway... he said he was going to do a bunch of stuff in his first 100 days in office? I can say that we're around pass 10% of those hundred days. (Wow.)

And now, we analyze the bills he has signed so far.

QuoteThe 45th President signed a bill passed by Congress earlier this month that would allow retired Gen. James Mattis to serve as defense secretary by waiving the legal requirement that he be out of the military for seven years before doing so, according to White House press secretary Sean Spicer.
Um... okay....

... wow, looking for good stuff may take a bit of time.... anyway...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/01/31/president-trump-works-make-drugs-more-affordable-create-jobs = Cheap drugs coming! (Maybe.) This one doesn't matter to me, because I think I'd prefer the food straight up. (Or something.) So actually, I think food should be made more affordable.

QuotePresident Donald J. Trump Will Continue to Enforce Executive Order Protecting the Rights of the LGBTQ Community in the Workplace
Sounds good... (We also shouldn't get too distracted that we forget to protect the "normal" people. ... (People who are viewed as "normal"... not that they are actually normal, since I'm not sure that actually exists. Depends on context.)

QuotePresidential Executive Order on Reducing Regulation and Controlling Regulatory Costs
Now that is something I like... I don't believe the Gov't should be in everyone's business unless completely necessary... and/or people want them to be.

QuoteSec. 2.  Regulatory Cap for Fiscal Year 2017.  (a)  Unless prohibited by law, whenever an executive department or agency (agency) publicly proposes for notice and comment or otherwise promulgates a new regulation, it shall identify at least two existing regulations to be repealed.
Huh. That sounds like a hilarious move that could work? It gets you thinking. Don't add a regulation unless it is more important than these other two....  Something doesn't feel right, though...?

I wonder what is going to happen to Trump's approval rating... It'll probably end up at 49% or something. :P

*Looks up * http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/donald-trump-poll-polls-new-voters-americans-approval-disapproval-rating-support-oppose-travel-ban-immigration-executive-order/
Not really the "approval rating"... but... "49 percent of Americans said they either "strongly" or "somewhat" agree with Trump's recent executive order."

QuoteThe president's approval rating, however, remains lower than any new president in modern American history.
And on top of that... to be the oldest elected.... - At least he set a record, I'll give him that.  Two.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

charon the ferryman

Honestly I'm lukewarm about Trump for the most part but his travel ban is @#$%&*! retarded and was clearly half baked. I get what he's trying to do but coming from a family of immigrants its just another smear on immigrant families. Sure we aren't affected but immigration in this country is such a clusterfuck anyways that it just shows this country's hostile approach towards immigrants. So while I think most of the changes he commits to aren't necessarily "bad", the ones that are bad are... really stupid.

If anything I'm more concerned about the political climate with the people. The left is going batshit insane right now, moreso than even the right was with Obama. Being in the middle sucks here. And believe me, I'm aware that this is not anything new, but the extent of anger towards moderates is very intense. What genuinely worries me is that moderate-rights are starting to be grouped in with neo-nazis by extreme leftists - this division is more intense than it ever has been.

QuoteSounds good... (We also shouldn't get too distracted that we forget to protect the "normal" people. ... (People who are viewed as "normal"... not that they are actually normal, since I'm not sure that actually exists. Depends on context.)

I think what you're meaning to say is that non-LGBTQ people should not be pressured by the LGBTQ community in the same way that LGBTQ shouldn't be pressured by non-LGBTQ. The community seems to be very ignorant to how pushy it really is. There's a clear tribe formed by these folks that extends beyond just being gay or transgender. The only thing I'm really watching out for here is any sort of ban on homosexual marriages or issues with obtaining HRT for people legally diagnosed with GID.

The Travel Ban thing.... really makes me think of how people's credit might be decided for those who have no credit.

Say like... we are judged by our family and friends.... for example. They don't say anything about who we are as a person directly... but they do say who we might be influenced by.

So on that front, it may make sense, but it's still not really fair to be thought as a potential criminal (or terrorist) when you're not, and someone(s) you know is... (And that's just assuming all of one type of person (e.g. Muslims) knew each other, which they do not.)

(Of course, if we really get down to business.... I could say that every single person in this world is (or have been) a criminal of some sort... but that's a long story. And kind of goes out of the way of the purpose of the discussion. - Since it would be including less threatening things like borrowing a pen w/o asking.)

A ban on say.... Things like... not letting in actual known criminals who have been charged for (anything that could be threatening) in their country in the last # years (depending on severity) would maybe make more sense.... assuming you can get such information (and assuming it's accurate enough.)... and then I suppose we could have a "watch" for everyone who are deemed related to those. (Probably a lot of people, though.) - However, my guess is that something like that was already put into place....? (I don't really look this stuff up enough to know exactly how immigration works, but if it sounds worth it and easy enough to do, then it's probably been done at some point...)

---
@LGBTQ: Yeah, that would be one way to put it, yes. :)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

charon the ferryman

The main problem with the travel ban is its blanket implementation. The biggest offending part is people with dual citizenship with these countries are being assblasted with it, which is a huge problem. So basically if you came here, became a citizen and didn't renounce your citizenship to one of those countries (usually because of travel reasons) then you were fucked.

But I'm not surprised at all because immigrants are always treated like @#$% in this country.