News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun TLA mod: Golden Sun Legacy

Started by GamingMaster, 11, November, 2016, 11:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GamingMaster

This patch simply adds more items and item buffs and psynergy and in return buffs the game like crazy to refresh the game as a whole.
I have decided to ditch caledor's mod as it breaks the game by simply adding too many items apperently. either way, it is better without than to release an unplayable game, right?
On the flip side, there will be a ton of items and such for you to enjoy! This mod also features 4 legendary elemental swords. gaia blade, sol blade, arctic blade, and tempest blade.
Each one is buffed to be the same plus its own elemental effects. There will also be no story change whatsoever.

Golden Sun Legacy
* means its new in 2.0 update

Shop, Weapon, and Item Update
some shops have powerful items, good stuff, etc., u name it
shops have corn, bones, dancing idols, single-use attack items (oil drop), cursing fungus, forgeble items, and stat-boosting items (x10 normal buy value so its not that broken. request a higher price if you think its broken)
rusty items added to shops
new wooden item set added to shops
arctic blade (buff), tempest blade, and trance blade can be purchased in a shop
new wooden items in the first shop as well as existing wooden armor
completely new set featuring none other than *cough* just play the beginning. u cant miss it ;)
trance blade-unleashes entrance (charm) idea from atrius from .03 teaser
tempest blade-unleashes mad zeyphr (legendary blade like gaia and sol)
arctic blade buff now comparable to tempest, gaia, and sol (1 of each type for a legendary makes sense right?)
giant's knife with heavy divide unleash
trident buff to become an actual weapon
flaming pepper added. buffs atk mars power ans resist to insane levels (spicy makes it pricy)
2 of the legendary weapons can be found at sea among others
caledor's items including sol, luna, iridial ring, alecto's mace, caladbolg, wind ring, herculean axe, ker's weight, mind ribbon, and dark robe.
golden sun beta items as well as tla beta items are now obtainable-knight's greave, silver greaves, ninja sandals, aroma ring, rainbow ring, soul ring, and kusanagi
isaac's group now comes with optimized items from the first game. their items are strictly from the first game and cannot be bought. all other golden sun exclusives can be purchased if it does not come with them upon reunion.
*prices of nuts, potions, vials, and mist potions decreased
*crystal powder added to shop
*stat boosting items now cost twice as much as previously (now 10000)
*charm stone added to shops
signal whistle can be bought for fun and it hinders you. Go see for yourself!

New Psynergy
vicegrip- uses life shear animation
false slash- uses vorpal slash animation, may reduce foe's hp to 1, part of slayer class
*cut psynergy series added (cut-native,slice-lord class,dissect-slayer class)
unused aurora field psynergy now in angel class when lv 50
Psynergys previously unused are now all native or used in some way
*aurora field added to piers class line as well as earnest ply
*rock pillar psynergy added to protector class
*pier's admiral class gives him earnest ply and aurora field at 55 and 60 respectively
*destiny bond and voodoo doll added to summoner class
*meteor juggle and flamethrower added to acrobat class

Isaac-*cut
Garet-taint,poison, vicegrip
Ivan-paralyze,confuse
Mia-regenerate
Felix-*cut
Jenna-reflect,charm (only jenna can use charm. read the beginning text)
Sheba-confuse,paralyze
Piers-regenerate
magnet psynergy can be used when equipped with Magnetic Ore(can be purchased)
arrow psynergy can be used when equipped with Atalanta's Quiver (can be purchased)
avoid psynergy can be used when equipped with Evasive Cloak (can be purchased)
teleport psynergy can be used when equipped with Teleport Lapis (can be purchased)
charm psynergy for others and not just jenna. split to 2 different items

Party Members
The returning warriors of vale now return with the best and finest weapons from Golden Sun. yes, exclusive items.
most of them will be purchasable in some shops while other more rare items like the gaia blade is only around once much like
jenna's base set *cough*. any item that is not part of isaac's group upon reunion can be purchased.

Enemies
all bosses receive an hp and attack buff. they also reward much much more coins and exp. of course, defeating them is no easy task
earlier bosses get slight buffs
later bosses get more significant buffs
doom dragon gets insane buff so optional bosses and collecting all djinns and summon tablets are mandatory
(dont worry, you should have aurora field by now at lv 50 *cough*)
dullahan drop dullahan's katana (strongest weapon in the game)
deadbeard and the *kraken returns and spawns at sea randomly. beware!
in case your wondering about the diffuculty, enemies are supposed to be easy to fend off. the bosses will be extremely annoying but doable
*storm lizard, tornado lizard, and tempest lizard return to yampi desert. drops aura gloves 1/8 of the time
*felix clone added to aqua rock as a reference to the legend of zelda (even link says so in the apoji islands next to the giant water droplet)

Text Changes
changed Kraden's and Jenna's last two text dialogs just as they leave the lighthouse. in case you're wondering why, check your items ;)
kraden and jenna also have new dialog upon defeating the punch ant and when jenna faints in battle
*kraden and jenna have new dialog after alex leaves when they are both outside
added text for link in daila
*added text for link in apoji islands

Class Changes
new Summoner class for tomegathericon-call charon at lv 60!

What's next?
more weapons/items
shop revamp if needed
new classes
random boss nerf?
boss nerf?
random enemy buff?
more legend of zelda referencing text
more love text
need help removing one chest in the mars lighthouse that contains the teleport lapis.
it has been moved to a shop as an artifact
issue gold password for best experience

Patches used
9999hp/pp
reflux unlimited
compass utilities
blacksmith fix
ko compatible lull
death curse 4 turns

Download
Golden Sun Legacy v1.0: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Fhi2GjgMmtMHdOM2lpVkNEUlk
Golden Sun Lagacy v2.0: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Fhi2GjgMmtSVREdnBaUmoyNDg

credits to:
caledor for such an amazing balance patch and inspiration for his mazing custom items
atrius for the editor and inspiration for the trance blade
LordSquirtle for the thread of patches and the creators of the patches, among others

Btw i have Golden Sun Hacking content on my channel. pls check it out! enjoy my mods and videos and plz give me a subscribe for more amazing Abnormal content!
Abnormal Adept Youtube Channel link:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMKl6hNvpjYjSoZ_FVE-NXg

If there is something off or any bugs (ex. item can't be equipped, text overflow, item or animation mismatch, or dialog box error) please report it down below!

Happy Golden Sunning!
:Sol: :Luna:
:Isaac: :Garet: :Ivan: :Mia:
:VenusStar: :MercuryStar: :MarsStar: :JupiterStar:
:VenusDjinni: :MarsDjinni: :JupiterDjinni: :MercuryDjinni:
:Felix: :Jenna: :Sheba: :Piers:

Rolina

Any ideas what Magnet and Arrow are used for?  Not sure if there's anything in the game that reacts to them, but who knows - maybe there is?

Also, are stat boosters infinite buy, or finite buy?

Salanewt

Nice work! I've been too busy to test hacks lately, but I'd like to test yours one day and so far the changelog looks pretty neat.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

GamingMaster

ty for the positive feed back. as for the stat boosting items, you can buy them indefinitly. however, it costs 10x its original value which is 5000. furthermore, since the game features extremely buffed bosses, your honestly better off getting e new weapon if able to. in the next update, more items/psynergy and most importantly more enemies wlll be added. good luck traveling the seas. deadbeard will randomly appear and is almost just as strong as aqua hydra but with hp buff!

GamingMaster

magnet and arrow are there for fun so the user can experience what was unused. might add more psynergy items ;)

Rolina

Quote from: GamingMaster on 12, November, 2016, 10:01:21 AM
ty for the positive feed back. as for the stat boosting items, you can buy them indefinitly. however, it costs 10x its original value which is 5000. furthermore, since the game features extremely buffed bosses, your honestly better off getting e new weapon if able to. in the next update, more items/psynergy and most importantly more enemies wlll be added. good luck traveling the seas. deadbeard will randomly appear and is almost just as strong as aqua hydra but with hp buff!
That is OP as hell.  That's a super easy grind to basically max out stats.  It's not like money is hard to come by in this game, you know?

Plus, if you make it too expensive, then the items you find in the world basically break the economy.

Salanewt

I could see it working if it's only limited to late/end-game towns or if you have to grind for the resources/money to get them, but on the whole I can see issues with that too.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

GamingMaster

bosses have buffed exp and coin grant. starting from the first boss, the player gets 1xxx coins then the 2nd boss grants 2xxx coins etc. i am playing through the whole game to test stuff. btw is there a way to switch out items in chests and set djinns to party members so they join the party with whatever djinn?

Salanewt

There are but not with the editor; how good are you with a hex editor and basic assembly?

GamingMaster

i have barely any knowledge of it. i can prob learn it along the way. do u mind helping? i currently need to replace the teleport lapis in the chest in mars lighthouse with a fire scarf and also set all djinn to isaac's party to eliminate the need for transfer

MaxiPower

Make someone learn Agaitos Rising Dragon move lol... Best move in the game. Eager to play through gs again sometime soon.

GamingMaster

i was actually thinking of that. there were 3 enemy elemental based moves. next update will add all three. one of them is already added and rising dragon is an unleash

GamingMaster