Golden Sun Hacking Community
August 21, 2017, 05:46:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interforum Post Bomb Extravaganza 2016!  (Read 892 times)

New User

Coins: 0

« on: December 09, 2016, 05:42:13 AM »

Hey GSHC!

Following the rousing success of last year's inaugural inter-community event where we all got to meet new people, encounter new ideas and explore new forums, it's a no-brainer to set-up the Interforum Post Bomb Extravaganza 2016 - now with 25% more participating forums, and 2x the number of days!

From Friday, Dec. 16th - Saturday, Dec. 17th, you are encouraged to post as much as possible (without spamming, except on Aeiou, heh) across any and all participating forums! Bond with your siblings on other sites, and have fun!

Participating forums:
Golden Sun Adept's Refuge
Temple of Kraden
Golden Sun Hacking Community
Golden Sunrise
Aeiou

Unconfirmed:
The Lost Waters
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 03:24:10 AM by Ignatius » Logged
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 06:20:40 AM »

Sounds fun enough. A shame I have an exam again this year though.

I'll join in if I can find any time afterwards, and if not then I may release a patch or two in the days after.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW

New User

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 09:39:13 PM »

After some rehashing of ideas and some misunderstandings across the forums, I'd just like to clarify that the interforum post bomb on the 16th-17th will still go ahead!
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 03:04:54 PM »

So... it's the 16th, how's it going over here?!

:D

View Profile
Knight of Purgatory
The Infernal King
Venus Clan

Join the Dark Side... FOR COOKIES

Coins: 1

I am: Selling evil cookies

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 09:15:57 PM »

Its been a while.

How about some cookies?

MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 09:22:33 PM »

Ohh!! Cookies for me! I'll take them! *Hands tip* (You've been coined.)

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...
*Cross my fingers and hope we have Big Brother All-Stars next year... with Paulie & Cody Califorie(sp?)... and Vanessa & Tiffany Rousso.... Would be fun? :P Especially if one of the boys got evicted early since there's usually some all-guy alliance in there, right?
View Profile
Knight of Purgatory
The Infernal King
Venus Clan

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 10:06:31 PM »

WE SELL MORE AT THE DARK SIDE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE COMPANY!
Want to buy some?

On that note, join the Dark Side, we have cookies, gift bumpers and all sort of things.

View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 10:41:37 PM »

Huh? This seems like de-ja-vu?
This wouldn't happen to be related to Grandma's Cookie Clicker company, would it? Did you get the idea from them?
Spooky!

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
*Cross my fingers and hope we have Big Brother All-Stars next year... with Paulie & Cody Califorie(sp?)... and Vanessa & Tiffany Rousso.... Would be fun? :P Especially if one of the boys got evicted early since there's usually some all-guy alliance in there, right?
View Profile
Knight of Purgatory
The Infernal King
Venus Clan

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 11:17:37 PM »

...Who?

*looks it up*

Ooooh, I did not know about that.

Anyway, our cookies are better. OUR COOKIES ARE THE BEST!

View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 01:22:24 AM »

Oh...

Well, that sounds good then. That was a close one!

*Grabs one*

I think she's after your cookies!

Meanwhile, I give you a glass of my special brand of Teawater! This one has a Fox decoration on top. (You know like how people put lemons on a cup?)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 01:29:38 AM by Fox » Logged

View Profile

New User

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 05:04:34 AM »

The ranks of darkness swell every day!
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 07:04:18 PM »

I decided to make a post on one of them. A little worried it'll look like an ad or something, lol.

I'm not sure if I have the strength or willpower to post on the other sites though; have fun in my stead everyone!

Edit: Can I just say how much I love a url to this site being in the first post saying that this site is participating? I imagine it's a copy+pasted message but still.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 07:07:06 PM by Lord Squirtle » Logged

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW

New User

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 07:23:22 PM »

Haha, it might be. It could also be a good reminder. =o
Anyway, sorry for the delay! I had to actually register first, and I don't think I ever got the validation email... but it seems one of the admins approved me anyway, so here I am!
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 01:22:10 AM »

Welcome Satterrible!
Yeah, likely a way to say we exist and are pretty much inviting them to come... And many of you seem to be active on those others? Unfortunately, GSHC is the only GS site I'm actually active on.... Maybe that could change in the future, but who knows.

@email:
-You didn't mis-type it?
-It wasn't in a spam folder?

But yeah, I believe that the email requirement (to post) should be changed. Because... think about it...
Why exactly is email a requirement anyway? I mean, I might get it from a "this is what society does".... but is it really necessary, though....?? Hmm...
If it is about an anti-bot feature, I'm not convinced.... (Since there may be alternatives.) - (Esp. given that I did try a Guest-may-post thing on YL for quite a long time now, and no problems yet. - You still had the captcha, though.)
If it is password recovery... well, email companies are not hack-proof... (Password Recovery is basically a reason to support email, rather than requiring it.)
Etc.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 01:37:12 AM by Fox » Logged

View Profile

New User

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2016, 04:40:48 AM »

Can I just say how much I love a url to this site being in the first post saying that this site is participating? I imagine it's a copy+pasted message but still.
Haha, yeah, there was definitely some copy-pasting going on there. I was just thinking, though, "provide a list of all participating forums", but I guess it doesn't make much sense to include the forum I'm posting it on, heh. I think I did the same on my home forum. x)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 04:42:30 AM by Ignatius » Logged
View Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 08:59:37 PM
Fox: Same... depending on whether they've used tricks instead or not.
Yesterday at 08:02:49 PM
Salanewt: I could see it counting.
Yesterday at 11:24:44 AM
Fox: Not sure if Zelda (LttP/Minish Cap) count or not...
Yesterday at 11:23:00 AM
Fox: Appararently, I can't think of many GBA games that do the psuedo-3D thing. (That being 2D maps with 3D-like collision...) Golden Sun and Superstar Saga come to mind, though... but I'll need to think about others, since it is quite possible i've simply forgotten....
August 19, 2017, 03:45:19 PM
Fox: Hmm... Thought: What if Isaac and co. weren't on Jupiter Lighthouse when Felix and co. were... I wonder if the story could have had a huge expansion, in this case.
August 18, 2017, 12:18:56 PM
Fox: Welcome back!
August 18, 2017, 09:12:43 AM
Luna_blade: back from vacation
August 17, 2017, 02:29:26 AM
Fox: That moment when you realize that there is a lot of chatting going on on Discord, that there is no point in trying to keep up. :P  Hm....
August 16, 2017, 04:50:22 AM
Fox: (Then again, just because posting is disabled, doesn't necessarily mean the buttons would be removed as well.)
August 16, 2017, 04:48:55 AM
Fox: (I mean, buttons I would expect to be similar to that.... rather than those specifically since I recall posting there to be disabled.)
August 16, 2017, 04:33:02 AM
Fox: Yeah... I like to think of it as a page loaded with ads. And it's not just the forum home page either... check the sub-forums/topics themselves. == New Topic/Reply/etc. buttons were affected.
August 15, 2017, 07:04:30 PM
Salanewt: Lol, nice. :P
August 15, 2017, 06:33:02 PM
Foxhttp://z9.invisionfree.com/Golden_Sun_Hacking/index.php? == Hahaha! GSHC Classic looks funny now that Photobucket killed the images. :P Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
August 14, 2017, 07:12:02 PM
Salanewt: So yeah, I'm typing up a non-academic essay on why GS2 was rushed; expect that sometime soon!
August 07, 2017, 05:53:11 AM
Fox: But anyway, such a hack mod is simply an idea, and I do not have any current plans to work on it at this time, so.....
August 07, 2017, 05:51:46 AM
Fox: Okay, cool. I think my idea works best without an ability to swap PCs (OR to just simply make that use it the PC's turn.) Hmmm... And with that, I question if a turn list is even needed with my approach. (Outside of maybe 1 entry, if that shortens the modifications.)
August 07, 2017, 05:13:26 AM
Salanewt: To be honest I've been thinking of expanding the battle turn section and also adding code for PCs to have more than two turns in the AI overhaul, but I probably won't allow anyone to have more than four.
August 06, 2017, 12:22:17 AM
Fox: Oh, and if that approach was taken = Would like to also have it so you select the spell to use when it is actually your turn rather than at round start.
August 06, 2017, 12:12:37 AM
Fox: Would take a lot of balancing, but I can see an adept being very slow, and yet very powerful.
August 06, 2017, 12:06:11 AM
Fox: And bosses can have an Agility that is above half of the maximum possible Agility. Mwahaha.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise